• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

I got this game a few days ago and I'm not really impressed at all. I can't stand the awful camera-views (even though I changed them), I hate how things just pop in and out of excistence and I'm not a fan of the graphics either. I'm currently downloading the update from the E-shop.... will it help?

If you're anything like me, say goodbye to your life for at least a week!

I felt I had to take a little break from it to play other things.

I wanted to finish the first Xenoblade before X released (I knew they were entirely separate games, but I still wanted to) and I only managed to finish it the day before X arrived, so I've kinda burnt out on Xenoblade since it's all I've played for like 2 months ; - ;

I just went back to Smash though, so I'll get bored of that and go back to Xenoblade soon :p

does the music get better? im kinda disappointed with the music in the early game

Funny thing about the music. There's actually not THAT many songs with lyrics in them, but the combat tends to have lyric songs, so it seems like they're more prominent. Most of my favorite tracks start playing after leaving Primordia. There are some real gems in this one.

And remember, you can swim to the other continents! It takes longer than if you have a Skell, but there's a song that only plays if you swim in the ocean, or hover right above the surface with a Skell.

I won't spoil the songs for when you get to the actual land areas. Especially since hearing Sylvalum's field songs as I approached it was one of my favorite experiences. And just wait until you get to the continent directly behind it. The scale of some of the things in that place.

The scale of a lot of things in this game, really.

Last edited:
at what chapter is it reasonable to leave primordia

Well, I wouldn't say "chapter" since you can opt to ignore the main story for a good while (but you'll need to proceed with it if you want a Skell).

If you go to Noctilum, I recommend being about level 12, and if you swim to Sylvalum I'd say be at about level 20. Some of the higher level monsters will either ignore you, or you can navigate around them with relative ease. Otherwise, the story or other side missions will direct you to go to one place or another anyway.

I believe Oblivia is also relatively easy to get around at level 12, at least certain areas.

Last edited:
Well, I wouldn't say "chapter" since you can opt to ignore the main story for a good while (but you'll need to proceed with it if you want a Skell).

If you go to Noctilum, I recommend being about level 12, and if you swim to Sylvalum I'd say be at about level 20. Some of the higher level monsters will either ignore you, or you can navigate around them with relative ease. Otherwise, the story or other side missions will direct you to go to one place or another anyway.

I believe Oblivia is also relatively easy to get around at level 12, at least certain areas.

welp then i can go now

- - - Post Merge - - -

also whose a fourth good character to take at like level 12

You can take anyone. Honestly, if there's a character that's lagging behind in levels, they'll catch up to the rest of your party relatively quickly, if you're killing things at or slightly above your level.

If you plan on doing some affinity missions, I'd check to see who you need to build up affinity with, and just drag them along on your adventures, lmao.

Level 10 is sufficient for Glennar, I believe, though you can go a few levels above that if you prefer the overleveling route.

You can find new gear as drops from monsters, or you can put Miranium into your Arms Manufacturers so that they each start developing new/stronger gear. You'll also find side quests eventually that bring new AMs with new gear.

Got my Skell license today! I had exactly 24 hours of play time when I got it if anyone was wondering.
The 5th(?) license test was dumb. Swimming in a giant lake for half an hour just to get some material? Nuh uh uh! Not when that's supposed to be the place where they're the most likely to spawn!

Last edited:
Got my Skell license today! I had exactly 24 hours of play time when I got it if anyone was wondering.
The 5th(?) license test was dumb. Swimming in a giant lake for half an hour just to get some material? Nuh uh uh! Not when that's supposed to be the place where they're the most likely to spawn!
Incidentally, the gathering quest for the license is the one I had done first. By accident. I must have been searching for something else and just happened to have what I needed, haha.

im real bad at this game

I feel like I'm bad at any game, but I still have quite a bit of fun.

I think one of my favorite things is how what party members say actually affects combat. It makes teamwork feel good even though I'm playing by myself, essentially.

I've put a ton of hours into this game and absolutely love it. I've got all my favorite characters to 60 and am currently saving up credits for a lv 50 skell (I think I have like 2.5 of the 5 or so million credits I need)

I can't wait to get the ares 90 so I can start farming for solid lv 60 gear for the endgame

Why does it matter what division I choose?
It affects what bonuses you get as far as what helps you level faster, but it won't restrict you to just doing the tasks of your respective division. I believe it also affects what multiplayer bonuses you get, since there are division rewards.

I've put a ton of hours into this game and absolutely love it. I've got all my favorite characters to 60 and am currently saving up credits for a lv 50 skell (I think I have like 2.5 of the 5 or so million credits I need)

I can't wait to get the ares 90 so I can start farming for solid lv 60 gear for the endgame

The Ares 90 looks so good!
As soon as I start playing again, I'm grinding for weapons so I can grind for materials for an Ares 90. ;~;

I've abandoned my ACNL town and these forums for Xenoblade X. xD I've made it to chapter 5 since receiving it on Christmas Day. I've done loads of extra missions and have been attempting at 20% survey of Noctilum, but it's really difficult. Anyone have any tips?

Back