• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

OH CHEETOS

I got to the bit where they explain WHY these bodies can just jump off ridiculous places, right after the player character saves Tatsu from getting blown to pieces.

You ever just think about a little detail like
>Those look like robot eyes
And then forget

And then the game hits you in the face with it and you're like >OH RIGHT OHHHMYGOD.
That just happened to me.

On the plus side, they also talked about getting different bodies so does that mean additional opportunities to change appearance, or is that just a story point? Hmmm....

OH CHEETOS

I got to the bit where they explain WHY these bodies can just jump off ridiculous places, right after the player character saves Tatsu from getting blown to pieces.

You ever just think about a little detail like
>Those look like robot eyes
And then forget

And then the game hits you in the face with it and you're like >OH RIGHT OHHHMYGOD.
That just happened to me.

On the plus side, they also talked about getting different bodies so does that mean additional opportunities to change appearance, or is that just a story point? Hmmm....

I actually managed to read this before the game was even released, but I thought it was about the first XC and the thing with Fiora, which I already knew. Turned out I got the game spoiled and didn't even know it. :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

I finally got my skell license, and when on a affinity mission to Noctilum. I don't think Tatsu liked it.
1cQhX4E.jpg
(he's hiding between my skells legs)

Last edited:
Can anyone actually find this game in stores? It is literally nowhere! Paper Jam is everywhere though which is weird because Xenoblade Chronicles X released at the same date... Y U DO DIS 2 ME

How does this game compare to the original Xenoblade Chronicles?

It's larger in scale (bigger world, bigger monsters, bigger everything), but so far the story is not up to the same level as the first game. Still good, but I have yet to run into any real "omg the feels!!!" moments in the story that helped connect you to the characters, when the original had like 3 of them in the first 2 hours. Combat is a refined version of the original, even keeping some of the attack names.

I read someone comparing the world of Xenoblade X to those of Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3 the other day. He said each of the 5 continents of Planet Mira were larger than Fallout 4's world and the Witcher 3's world combined. When you first get the freedom to run around and do whatever, you'll see how accurate that is.

I actually managed to read this before the game was even released, but I thought it was about the first XC and the thing with Fiora, which I already knew. Turned out I got the game spoiled and didn't even know it. :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

I finally got my skell license, and when on a affinity mission to Noctilum. I don't think Tatsu liked it.
1cQhX4E.jpg
(he's hiding between my skells legs)
The only thing I knew from the game was from the trailers, haha. Lucky me!

Also, congrats! I feel like it's going to be a bit before I get mine.

Can anyone actually find this game in stores? It is literally nowhere! Paper Jam is everywhere though which is weird because Xenoblade Chronicles X released at the same date... Y U DO DIS 2 ME

I preordered mine because I was worried the limited edition would run out, so I haven't had to hunt. Good luck! ;o;

Um, how was Riki annoying?

He was like that ****ty 'adorable' mascot character in anime that exists solely to have a cuddly marketable face for the kids. His high pitched 'OMG cutieee!' voice and 'silly' type of broken English pretty much summed up the type of character he is.

He was also irrelevant to the story as far as I can remember. The only reason I can think of for his existence is so Kallian could comment on how your party is made up of all 3 main races of the Bionis so that the Noppon could be involved with the alliance. I'm pretty sure that you could otherwise remove Riki from the game and the main storyline would otherwise play out exactly the same.

I mean, if you like him, cool. I thought he was an annoying ****bag though.

I preordered mine from Nintendo, so it was delivered.

On release day I went with my friend so he could find a copy though and we couldn't find it anywhere. It wasn't even sold out or anything, the stores said they just hadn't received their stock of the game in the first place.

Maybe trucks of them got stolen, like what happens with merchandise trucks sometimes. 8(

I believe Amazon periodically has orders going up, at least for the limited edition, so maybe try there?

Finally completed 30% of Oblivia's map for the shop quest, and now I have to gather items? Eeeeee. Will have to get on that when I come back from the post office. I need to do at least one productive thing today. 8(

The only thing I knew from the game was from the trailers, haha. Lucky me!

Also, congrats! I feel like it's going to be a bit before I get mine.

I preordered mine because I was worried the limited edition would run out, so I haven't had to hunt. Good luck! ;o;

It's a lot of fun to run/drive around in, and going over water is really cool. Too bad you can't fly them right away. :(

Oh my gosh, so I'm doing all the Skell License quests, and as it turns out, I completely skipped over the gathering one because I already had all the items. Love it.

Oh my gosh, so I'm doing all the Skell License quests, and as it turns out, I completely skipped over the gathering one because I already had all the items. Love it.

I've got close to 30 hours now...Still no skell licence...

I did a multiplayer quest and two level 40's joined and just ended the quest in like 10 seconds with their skells.

Last edited:
You'll get there! I'm not sure how many hours I put into it but it was probably more than that before I got it. That seems to be about the average before people finally get their Skell license.

And now, I have access to the Flight Module, too! <3

WVW69ipe078QyTviD5

The views are amazing, and incredibly terrifying in places. I cannot even begin to wrap my mind around how massive the Ganglion stronghold is. At least some areas drop the aggro on monsters completely if one is not in a Skell.

Doing the Mechanical "Off the Record" mission, and the gathering part is... well, it's a gathering mission. I don't think I'm at the level to beat the tyrant required to complete the mission, so my Skell frames definitely won't be either, but I could at least get this really annoying part out of the way... lol.

I just got the flight module too and, god, flying feels sooo good.

Last edited:
Are all the clothing items in the game available to buy somewhere in the city? Or is there somewhere to store items that I've missed?

My inventory is just full of different clothing I've picked up in case I ever want to put them on as a fashion option, but that just means my inventory is now full of crap. I wanna just purge my entire inventory, but don't want to sell unique items or items I'll have to farm monsters to get again.

I know the armor shop in the admin district is there but that only sells armor and swimsuits. There's loads of items in my inventory they don't sell there (or that I've not seen in the store yet).

I purged my weapon inventories though. Not much point keeping old weapons since you can't use them as a fashion option.

I honestly have no clue. There's so much to do I can't even keep track of the items 99% of the time. There's a lot of cool things that can be developed through the AM portal but I haven't actually gotten to that yet, oops.

There's a guy trying to go back to the future. In a car.

Best. Game. Ever.

I like the quests I came across where you tell your commander his job sucks, so he makes you do his jobs for the day to make you appreciate what he does. And a quest where a guy is a douche and becomes your rival, as the game itself describes it, "for some reason?".

They feel like the storylines from anime filler episodes. I just find it pretty funny that something like that would be in a game :p

I wonder if there's gonna be an obligatory fan service bathhouse side quest to go with 'em...

[edit] Also a quest where a xenophobic shop keeper won't let a ma-non into her store. I just find that ma-non adorable whilst she's all like "Okay...I shall just wait outside the store and smoosh my face against the window to look at all the clothes".

EDIT because I just found something really useful, at least for me.

Click here for the chart of locations of collectible (blue diamond) items.

You can also use tickets from the squad missions to get a lot of these, but some people might be saving them, or just not want to use them in general.

*bookmarked*

So far I've just picked the gathering quests up and wait till I complete them whilst doing other quests. I used tickets for items for one gathering part of an affinity quest to get it done with though. The items seemed to cost almost nothing in comparison to the tickets I had.

I'm finding there's a few too many quests that either limit your party to three members and/or kinda restrict the characters you can use to Lin and Elma. I would use Lin and Elma anyway, but it's kinda put me off using a fourth member at all since it's just a bit of hassle to how much you're putting them in and out of the party, especially since they can become under leveled/geared pretty quickly.
I managed to get Alexa to about the same point as the rest of my party since I wanted her to be my 4th and when I did, it kinda became redundant as I had to remove her from my party and she dropped behind by 4 levels again.

I really hope there's not a specific party member I'm gonna need for the main story other than Lin and Elma either. There's loads of possible party members that are easy to forget about and never use, so it'll be annoying if I specifically needed to have one of them, leaving them under leveled or requiring a certain amount of affinity.
Hate it when games are like "SURPRISE!!! You have to use this character we've never made you use! Good luck doing this level 50 quest with a level 5 party member you've not seen since the start of the game!"

Last edited:
Ordinarily that would bother me, but if your own party is higher level with three solid members, then leveling the one tagging along is pretty quick, considering the exp they'll get from higher-level monsters. I want to do all of the affinity quests, but only used Phog for his initial quest, so my affinity with him was not enough for his quest. I pulled him into my party and he's reached level 30-something much more quickly than my own character did. This is partially thanks to the Skells too, who let me take on the bigger monsters for some tasty exp. Mostly though, I've just been running around doing quests, so my grinding time is actually limited. There's always something to do so I hardly ever notice my levels. I'm actually pretty shocked I've already hit level 40, I've been running around just trying to complete things from the board, lol.

Some side quests get really extensive, too. I've had this one that comes back at least twice, and hints at coming back for some more development.

I'm still missing one Arms Manufacturer, and am not sure where or when I'll be getting them, but I'll just let that happen naturally, like with the others. If there's a chain of quests that lets me start it, I'll run into it at some point, and if it's a story thing like with one of the others, then that'll happen naturally too.

what does this game have to do with the original if its a spoiler dont tell me still love the game tho

what does this game have to do with the original if its a spoiler dont tell me still love the game tho

It has nothing to do with the first game. Nopon exist in both and Lin has Monado shaped hairclips but I'm pretty sure those are about the only connection.

It's like how none of the Final Fantasy games have anything to do with each other outside of reoccurring characters like Moogles, Chocobo's and Cid.

It has nothing to do with the first game. Nopon exist in both and Lin has Monado shaped hairclips but I'm pretty sure those are about the only connection.

It's like how none of the Final Fantasy games have anything to do with each other outside of reoccurring characters like Moogles, Chocobo's and Cid.
cool
also i made my character have blue skin with green hair black tips and yellow eyes the detail is pretty nice

Back