HopeForHyrule

Bunny Fanatic
Bells
Switch
2496-6703-5894
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Anyone else looking forward to this? XC2 became my most heavily played Switch game, and I have XC1 for the 3DS (haven't beaten it yet); I immediately stopped playing once the teaser for the remake dropped last September.

And boy, does the remake look freaking GORGEOUS. Plus they're giving us the Bionis shoulder area that was originally cut, AND a new epilogue story! 😍😍😍

I have to say, I feel like I’m one of the few Xenoblade fans still around here. Maybe I’m wrong. Anyway, this game looks like it’s going to be really good, but I’m kind of in the opposite situation from you. I beat the game on the 3DS and I haven’t played XC2 yet, so I’m probably going to pick up a copy of that sometime soon (maybe as a birthday or graduation present). I don’t foresee me picking up this game since I beat it on the 3DS, just like some people who played the Wii version didn’t pick up the 3DS version when it came out. I am really looking forward to everyone who plays it’s reactions from it, however. ^^

I wasn't really a big fan of XC2 but I'm still really looking forward to XC1, loved the gameplay and the story in that game!

I am soooo excited for XC DE - i vastly preferred the original to XC2 and I’m looking forward to hearing the remastered soundtrack and seeing the environments in HD. i kinda liked the more realistic faces/outfits back when I played the 3DS edition but the more anime faces in the DE are growing on me. They are definitely more expressive, so kudos to monolith for that.

I preordered the special edition, although I wish I could have imported the Europe SE instead (you guys have a steelbook and a vinyl.... must be nice).

I haven't beaten XC1 on my 3DS either. I stopped right before the final boss because I already knew what was going to happen (I watched somebody stream the game before I got it for myself). I am definitely replaying this one the whole way through this time, though!

I preordered the special edition, although I wish I could have imported the Europe SE instead (you guys have a steelbook and a vinyl.... must be nice).

Oh, same! Snagged a preorder with Best Buy, so I could get that sweet free release day shipping, lol. Wish the U.S. edition had the same things as the UK one, but...at least we're getting anything at all! And the artbook promises to be absolutely stunning.

I'm honestly glad I never finished the game, because the DE is gonna have extra stuff. I'd rather play as complete a version as possible the first go.

I will for sure get it. I first play Xenoblade on the wii and then for the second ones on the switch. I didn't really like the second one.

Sorry this thread hasn't been bumped in a while, but I didn't see a more recent one!

I loved XC1 on the 3DS and I was so excited to see it was coming to Switch (never played 2 or X), but I didn't think I would buy it right away since I'm kinda broke lol. Well I just ordered it on Amazon as a graduation present for myself since the price came down $10 and I'm getting it a few days after launch, but I'm excited to play soon! This game is absolutely incredible and I highly recommend it to anyone on the fence.

I loved 2, never got to play the original so I'm hyped for it

ahhhhh I love the Xenoblade series! I started with the original Wii version and loved it so much. I've played XC1 at least 3 times. I also played Xenoblade X on the Wii U and thought it was fine (not my favorite but it was fun to fly and explore) and also enjoyed Xenoblade 2. I love how each title entry has unique gameplay, so it really gives each game their own unique identity. While I enjoyed all the games, I understand how some may like one game and not like others since they're just so different.

That being said, I'm SUPER excited for XC DE! I never picked up the 3DS version since I didn't find it that much more impressive than the Wii version. IMO, having it on the TV screen is just the best way to immerse yourself. XC1 DE looks absolutely gorgeous and I also love how they remastered the whole soundtrack so it sounds unique from the original OST. XC1 was is my favorite game of all time and the only thing that held it back was outdated graphics of the Wii. But now, its just incredible. I really think this will be one of the greatest JRPGs of all time. Super excited for Future Connected too! Melia is my favorite character and has such a tragic story. Love seeing her getting more spotlight

For those considering buying this game and never played XC1, please do. The worlds are so immersive and the story is great. You'll easy spend 100+ with all the side quests and things to complete (the story is also long).

Like here's the remastered Engage the Enemy theme, it's so unique and beautiful:

im just saying this but XCDE is coming out on my birthday. Should i get as a birthday present or something? I'm a sucker for RPGS.
Obviously I'm biased, but...yes. Xenoblade 2 was my introduction to the series, and I ended up sinking over 600 hours into it (with NG+ and the DLC). And even though I never finished playing the original on 3DS, it was shaping up to be every bit as incredible (more so in a lot of ways) as XC2.

Super hyped for this game. Best buy shipped my game earlier today. I've been meaning to finish Xenoblade chronicles 2 these days but I can't bring myself when this game is dropping.

Super hyped for this game. Best buy shipped my game earlier today. I've been meaning to finish Xenoblade chronicles 2 these days but I can't bring myself when this game is dropping.
Same! I was so happy to get my "Your order has shipped" text from them today. ☺️

Going back and finishing XC2 after you get and play this sounds like a good idea, actually. I've already beaten Xeno 2 several times, and I doubt I have it in me to go through it again, lol.

Same! I was so happy to get my "Your order has shipped" text from them today. ☺

Going back and finishing XC2 after you get and play this sounds like a good idea, actually. I've already beaten Xeno 2 several times, and I doubt I have it in me to go through it again, lol.
Same!!!! I was expecting them to ship it tomorrow so I was surprised it was so early in the morning.

Definitely what I was thinking. I actually played the dlc first. I don't know if that was a good idea or not but if it wasn't for the dlc I wouldn't had purchased xc2. I was so curious I had to buy it after going back and forth if I should try it out or not.

How did you guys feel about the resolution of Xenoblade definitive edition? I haven't played any of the XC games yet and I'm on the fence about picking this up since I've heard XC2 had low resolution on handheld which is what I usually use to play on. Is the image quality super muddy/fuzzy or does it still look good?

How did you guys feel about the resolution of Xenoblade definitive edition? I haven't played any of the XC games yet and I'm on the fence about picking this up since I've heard XC2 had low resolution on handheld which is what I usually use to play on. Is the image quality super muddy/fuzzy or does it still look good?
I honestly didn't have a problem with handheld res for XC2. Some of the larger, "busier" areas might have taken an extra couple seconds to fully render...but that wasn't a big deal to me.

Some reviewers and YouTubers that played early demos have said DE has a bit of blurriness in handheld mode, but nothing game breaking.

Ugh amazon pushed back my pre-order to Tuesday. I would pick up a physical copy but the Gamestops around me told me they weren't doing the Collector's Edition in-store and I'm a ho for artbooks so.. ;c

Ugh amazon pushed back my pre-order to Tuesday. I would pick up a physical copy but the Gamestops around me told me they weren't doing the Collector's Edition in-store and I'm a ho for artbooks so.. ;c
I'm in the same dilemma. My copy is arriving until Monday. Would've love to have my copy tomorrow.

Back