• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Would you stop someone from moving in because you don't like their house exterior?

it doesn't bother me at all but i admit when i had stitches in my last town his house was a bit off-putting. it's probably more of a deal breaker to me than interior but it wouldn't influence who moved in/out of my town!

The exterior is kind of important to me, If I really REALLY love a villager I guess I'd let it slide but if I'm just having a hard time choosing between a few to fit in my town that are not ultimate favorites their house is definetely a deciding factor.

For my town of Moonfall I wanted all my villagers in my town to be animals that typically live in forests and have earth-tones; brown and orange. I also wanted their house exterior to have nice non-bright coloring and have sort of a cottage feel. Marshal does not really fit either, he's white and his house exterior is very ugly to me but he's just adorable and I really don't think any other smug would fit in better since any others I like also don't have very appealing houses or they are not forest animals which was the biggest deciding factor for me.

It doesn't bother me, but I have had one town with a certain color scheme, so I have only used some with those colors. Only for that town though. :p

No not at all. But i do not like the houses with the rope fence. Always looks like someone is moving in when you see it in the corner of the screen.

Back