Would anyone be interested in this artstyle?

otomatoe

need to snack 24/7
Bells
Leif
Spring Shamrock
I want to open a commission sometime soon because I think it's a great way to help me improve my drawing characteristic and skill.
I especially want to do animals, pets; like cat, dogs, hamsters, etc.

I know that popular art with high demand are digital, anime-style, furry, and such.
Mine is just a simple, traditional, watercolor art. Nothing grand, nothing posh :p

You can see my artwork here

Do you think this type of art will get someone interested? :confused: Oh and I would also appreciate it if you guys can tell me if there's any particular site to promote my work and get commissioned :)

Thank you heaps, lovelies!!​

oh my gosh are you a professional children's lit. illustrator? or just passionate about it as a hobby? because this is like i'm looking at an actual children's book's art.

oh my gosh are you a professional children's lit. illustrator? or just passionate about it as a hobby? because this is like i'm looking at an actual children's book's art.

omg really? :'))) Thank you so much Stepheroo, I'm seriously flattered if you see it like that lol. I'm doing it as a hobby. I was a business school graduate, quit my job months ago, then I find more time to dig deeper into this hobby of mine, therefore I'm looking for ways to improve my skill :D Well, who knows someday I can contribute my drawings for actual kid lit ;')

wow i love your style!! it's so cute. i just followed you on insta, i'm @tinkaliladraws. <3

these look amazing! brings back memories of flipping through picture books as a kiddo

It's cute and sweet :3 It's nice to see a different style here other than the usual anime style. Btw I see you're from Jakarta. Have you tried selling stuff at markets like catalyst arts market? It's a pretty good platform to start out and get a footing on the arts/craft scene.

Aww I love your style! It definitely has a children's book vibe! As for websites, I recommend tumblr, deviantART, & toyhou.se! More of the last two I'd day. :)

Nice style, not one I've seen done by artists before (except of course in children's books).

Thank you everyone! Really, really appreciate all of your comments and input! <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's cute and sweet :3 It's nice to see a different style here other than the usual anime style. Btw I see you're from Jakarta. Have you tried selling stuff at markets like catalyst arts market? It's a pretty good platform to start out and get a footing on the arts/craft scene.

I am! Are you from Jakarta as well? haha. Thanks for the recommendation, I checked and looks like I miss the opportunity to register as a tenant. Maybe next time :) I should make my art more presentable and might as well turn it into wearable products tho ;D

Thank you everyone! Really, really appreciate all of your comments and input! <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

I am! Are you from Jakarta as well? haha. Thanks for the recommendation, I checked and looks like I miss the opportunity to register as a tenant. Maybe next time :) I should make my art more presentable and might as well turn it into wearable products tho ;D

Nope, but I'm based in Malaysia and our group did the art market there earlier this year! It was pretty good. You could do live requests if you have a booth maybe? I would get one!

Wow! Your art is honestly amazing! I love your style. It's so cute! I think people would definitely be interested-- I mean I would be! Keep up the good work! :D
(I follow you on insta btw!)

Last edited:
Your art style is truly adorable! I would love a head shot of my mayor in your style for my avatar.... Oh, or maybe my mayor & one of my villagers ... Oo, or art of my two rat boys.... so many options! I especially love how many of your animal pieces have conservation messages. I'm not on instagram but I'll follow your art on here for sure!

I STRONGLY prefer stuff like this over anime, digital, furry style drawings... Do it!

THANKS everyone! Posting here was not a mistake, really such a confidence booster. I can't thank you guys enough :')

I think I need to make separate thread for commissions in museum shop due to forum rule hehe :p

Back