• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT's Second Annual Inktober Thread! 🦇

Inktober 2022 Day 4 "Dolphin"
A simple drawing didn't have much to do with this but I did work on aquatic anatomy at least also did a little lighting and sheen on some parts
off topic but I was playing around with some brushes in Krita and while I didn't use them for the dolphin I figured out how these brushes can be useful in future artwork
Dolphin.jpg

267cb3afd2a7177e5ae7fc64901df7ac.png

Inktober 2022 Day 6 "Squirrel"
Very proud of this, it took a lot of smearing and blurring but I tried really hard this time to draw the grey coat with a mixture of browns of a Eastern Grey Squirrel
I tried to give the appearance that the squirrel's coat is very bushy
The face/mouth looks off and it doesn't really look that great to me, I'm not sure why though but I think this turned out really cute
Squirrel.jpg

Catching up a day I skipped because I wanted to take a break
Worked really hard on all these details so proud of this one!
Snow Leopard.jpg
I decided to draw a king cobra for a snake in particular since I thought it would be more interesting
my first time working with a snake, I wanted to draw it curled up but it looks a bit awkward
it's a simple drawing this time but it's still nice
King Cobra.jpg

Inktober 2022 Day 9 "Crow"
I really apologize for this sloppy attempt at a crow I'm really tired and apparently can't draw tonight I still wanted to at least draw something rather then draw nothing
I'm falling behind again due to personal problems I'm gonna try and catch up again
Crow.jpg

I have caught up again!
Looks a bit awkward, at least I found out how to draw the mouth open
Crocodile.jpg
A raccoon lying down on it's back with it's feet in the air
this turned out cute
Raccoon.jpg

I have caught up again!
Looks a bit awkward, at least I found out how to draw the mouth open
View attachment 463353
A raccoon lying down on it's back with it's feet in the air
this turned out cute
View attachment 463354

All of your drawings have been so good, but I am totally in love with that raccoon! So cute! 😍🌟 Also, amazing job at keeping up with the prompts!

Well life happened and I haven't got any of the prompts done except day 1 and 2, oops. I'll try to catch up and post them when I can. I love everyone's drawings, they look so good!

All of your drawings have been so good, but I am totally in love with that raccoon! So cute! 😍🌟 Also, amazing job at keeping up with the prompts!
Thank you so much for the positive feedback on my drawings it means a lot :)
I've been having fun trying to do realistic animals for Inktober this year 🖤

Oops! I had prompts #12 and #13 finished last night but forgot to post them because I fell asleep
here they are, prompt #14 coming tonight!
Been a long time since I've drawn a feral wolf
I've had some practice drawing wolves because of my 4 wolf OCs if anyone here remembers them ;)
maybe one day I can draw one of my OC wolves in this realistic feral style
Wolf.jpg
This was unexpectedly difficult to draw an animal with such a simple body
the agony trying to draw these arms 😫

Octopus.jpg

Inktober 2022 Day 14 "Bat"
Another complicated anatomy but I like how it turned out
Bat.jpg

Finished drawings for prompt #15 and #16 that I forgot to post
I can't do tonight's prompt because it's my dear close friend's birthday tomorrow and I gotta make something for her 🤭
So, interesting enough I actually haven't heard of one of these before so it's a bit wonky I guess
Ringtail Cat.jpg
Oh gosh I've seen one of these puffballs in real life before and these are the cutest stinking things :love:
Chinchilla.jpg

Wanted to catch up today but I spent over two hours on a different personal drawing that is not for Inktober
only one drawing today
Inktober 2022 Day 17 "Dragon"
Believe me I tried and I CANNOT draw Western dragons so I drew a Chinese dragon instead
Dragon.jpg

Finally all caught up again! (I really regret skipping 3 days in a row...)
I decided to draw a white tailed deer munching on some grass
Deer.jpg

I drew a giant panda with teddy bear anatomy
Panda.jpg

When I saw the prompt was owl I couldn't NOT draw my favorite owl species, I really love barn owls
Barn Owl.jpg

Tried to do something with this since I've been putting less effort into these due to burnout but I still want to draw for Inktober
Lion.jpg
Fun fact time!
This is a female orca I drew, you can tell an orca's sex simply by looking at it's dorsal fin
if it's dorsal fin is smaller and curved like a shark's fin it's a female, if it's tall and straight up like an isolate triangle it's a male
fun fact number two, this is currently the only one of these drawings I've done with only two colors and one of the only drawings I've ever done with two colors overall
Orca.jpg

I drew a ruby-throated humming bird!
Ruby-Throated Humming Bird.jpg

I made a monarch butterfly
I like the textures on the wings
Monarch Butterfly.jpg

I did it guys!! I finished all 31 days of Inktober!!!
Striped Hyena.jpg
Gecko.jpg
Horse.jpg
Goat.jpg
Poodle Moth.jpg
You guys know I had to
Frog.jpg

I did it guys!! I finished all 31 days of Inktober!!!
You guys know I had to
View attachment 467254
Congratulations!!! Drawing every day for a month is so difficult but very worth it if you have the willpower! The animal theme was such a good choice!

As for me, I feel so awful about not following through this year djsfsfaKSFxplrs. Perhaps next year.

Back