Splatoon Worst Salmon Run Teams?

Tbh, getting to X rank on one of the modes is impressive enough. Didn't know I was talking to a true pro player here! N-Zap is probably one of easiest weapon to use, but hard to master. You need to have decent to good aiming to use them properly plus the power and range are around the middle so you really have to be proficient at it. I could relate to being picky with maps. I spent most of the time using the Octobrush. I was very, very aggressive usually trying to hunt those chargers on TC and act as support during Rainmaker who would try to kill as many like "This way" I'm your bodyguard hehe, and in return, getting splatted more often as well but I was able to manage. I went up to A+ during the early days then had an extreme bad luck that dropped me down to A- so after that I quit Splatoon entirely. That's when my daughter started playing the game.

I thought I'd never play Splatoon again, but seven months later, I've made a new file and had planned to focus myself on building a better gear first before trying Ranked. The drive to rank up wasn't the same anymore though, still I tried. I changed weapon to Splat and Dapple dualies but as I went farming for chunks on Salmon Run, it made me want to play more of that mode than focus on Ranked. I was hovering around B that time. On the other hand, my daughter started to become good and had climbed to around A. So yeah, in the end, I just felt like I only wanted to climbed up to at least A- then focus myself on trying to keep my Profresh 100-200 on SR (that time). Then later, my goal was to try to retain to at least 400. I was like that for a long time. I was maybe around 400-500 for a long time. I didn't hit 600 until may 4000-5000 shift? I think. Just being there having fun, not taking it too seriously. I was satisfied as long as I don't go below 400.

Haha bombs. The orange N-zap has auto bombs right? I think I used that sub on my early days on Octo and like to spam them as well then later moved to beacon. Omg, I had tons of pure gears maybe around 150+ now? But they're just there for aesthetic cause well, I had to make use of those chunks. Still I have a lot of them left and my food/drinks are around 50-99 now. My cash is maxed out. They're useless to me haha. Anyway, my daughter likes to play random Turf every now and then so if you feel like adding her. FC is SW-7313-4325-4622. I already let her know, just in case. I don't usually keep track whenever she plays Ranked (since she prefers playing it handheld) but I noticed that she likes to switch weapons a lot so you might enjoy playing/dealing with her haha. X+9 ahh so close and if that's similar to the feeling when you've reached 900+ on SR, I know that feeling. In the end, reaching the top became much more sweeter. I think you could still stand your ground on X regardless, once you feel like playing them again. But yeah, I think once you reached that, there's hardly any motivation to go back unless you make a new file and go at it again.

Since you like throwing bombs, you can use that skill when reviving teammates. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if you're already doing that often at this point. Ugh, I had a lot of shifts when I die cause I've risked myself putting the eggs so we could make quota just in time (that's usually the case of me dying) and my other teammates just there trying to reach while being attacked without even thinking of throwing me a splat bomb. When you become proficient in using bombs to revive teammates, you'll go far. Throw or leave a bomb to your teammate then swim away to recover ink then go back to what you're doing. Eventually, it becomes second nature and you can multitask. Anyway, I'd wish I'd encounter you on freelance soon. I'm curious to know how you play haha maybe sometime!

Ahaha no, not that pro :p Just trying to re-live the good old days and maybe getting better for when they ever announce a splat3! I like how the n-zap is a good midrange weapon with good shooting speed and I also liked the sub and special (auto bomb and missiles). Both force the opponent to move, so I can kinda trap them, or predict where they're going to go. Most people are busy focusing on avoiding the missiles but they forget that I'm nearby and ready to splat them while they're running :) The missiles are also helpful to see where the opponents are on a map. And it's always funny when I see an enemy doing a super jump but I time an auto bomb to explode right when they land. Chargers were definitely annoying on TC but the missiles helped make them move, or I could also direct bombs/missiles on the tower. I was also quite an aggressive player as well, so some of my gear also has comeback as a main ability. I never liked to carry the rainmaker and I also served as a bodyguard/scout of sorts. Good times.

The bad luck is always discouraging to come across but sometimes there's also the inverse good luck and the streak keeps you going. I'm also satisfied if I don't go down to 400, but I find it much easier to climb back up from in SR. The challenge of learning new weapons also keeps things fresh. I think with the skills you have in SR, you can use them well in ranked! I don't think I've maxed my money but it's not really a concern for me either. I use the food and drink tickets during splatfest for fun. I added your daughter! I don't play turf unless it's a splatfest but maybe I'll see her around! I don't think I'll ever make a new file because I don't want to pay for another online membership lollll

Your tip to revive teammates with bombs has really helped my SR mentality. I used to just wait around teammates to revive them, but now I realize that's a waste of time and I'm better off using the ink to revive and swim away to deal with other bosses. Unfortunately I'm having a really bad time with this rotation and a bit of a losing streak, so maybe next rotation? :cry: I barely held on to 400 lol. I like the charger but the brella... :| ugh.

Screenshot_20201001-145729_Nintendo Switch Online.jpg

a screenshot of my splatnet, so I'm not blowing smoke or anything HAH

haha of course, I believe you! With or without screenshot. Your character is still wearing that splatfest tee, btw. I mean, there's solo rank and a separate league battle so I don't think you could "cheat" your way and say I got X in all modes "solo", but in reality, you did it with friends or someone you know haha. I think maybe you should print then put it in a frame or something :p I actually asked my daughter about the sub and special of orange N-zap (too lazy to look it up). So I've imagined you using the Tenta missiles like an echolocator or point sensor to bait people or auto bomb to know if someone is nearby. Oh, I hate that when I used to play and rarely do a super jump only to be splatted by timely splat/suction/auto bomb. I like that comeback ability. The 20 sec. boost to multiple abilities is really useful if you're the aggressive type and at times, could probably swing the momentum in favor of your team. You must've like the added 1 main of ink sub and special charge there, at least during that span, apart from you having these abilities on your other gear.

Yes, that happens to me quite a lot on SR. I go on a winning streak that sometimes I don't realize until I go on splatnet. I don't like peeking on the app though during these times since I almost always get a loss once I'm fully aware. Then there were times I get my hard-earned win only to be crushed by a wave 1 wipeout next. The game likes to troll you by giving you teammates who doesn't even try. I actually hate it when people aren't painting walls at the start especially near the basket. It kinda gives me the vibes that I need to play my best and "carry" this s*** to have a chance. Oh yeah, it is easier to climb even if you go down to, let's say 200-300 but you probably would have to deal getting a constant 13 egg quota at the start and some players you'll get paired with at that are really annoying. It saves time when you can end at 400 haha. I could the same to you that you can use your skill on Ranked here on SR. We all know it's different. Still, it seems you're a fast learner and you play smart. I'm actually a defensive player on SR that's why I don't get fancy numbers on my power eggs. I mean, I'd rather just swim away to deliver the eggs to save time if I can or try to survive moving around, than spend time killing lesser salmonids. I'm actually lost about how power eggs work, but I know for every 200, you get 1 golden egg to your bonus. There were times I killed, like 16-20 bosses (I was the highest) but still, my power egg is low or it's just in the middle compared to my other teammates, assuming no Cohock charge cause that would really put you around 1000+ haha. I don't pay attention to it, tbh. I usually like trying to position myself and kill bosses at the right place/time. I don't go for a high egg count once we make quota if I feel like my teammates aren't smart enough to not die in seconds lol. I remember there was a time when I was a Gootuber or Splat charger on SG hightide. We met the quota around the 50-60 mark and after that, I was just there circling around the map (and on the grills) for 40 seconds while occasionally sniping Steelheads (and reviving teammates) along the way haha it was fun. Oh yes, trying to learn new weapons is one of the reasons it keeps me coming back to play SR. Anyway, I'd let my daughter know that you added her!

Aha. That's nice haha like I said, I think in time it'd become second nature to you when you need to just toss a bomb while trying to deliver the eggs or kill bosses. I use it 99% of the time when reviving. Heck, sometimes I feel like it is my main weapon lol. There's a bit of timing to it when people get splatted then turn to a lifesaver or something. I usually just pay attention to the squid/octoling symbol on the top left. If it gets black or crossed out, someone got splatted right? So there, after, I'd look for a username that looks like it disappeared then reappear again. Familiarity of the map is also important. Same how it is in Ranked, right. So, try to ink walls where you plan to move or use as shortcut to deliver eggs or when things starts getting messy. I prioritize them a lot cause your teammates would most likely paint the floors anyway. I like the rotation today. They all have range and could be big boss killers, but yes, the Tenta Brella is kind of iffy haha I use it as defensive weapon during Rush or when you need to get to something and there are lots of frys, chums and Cohocks in front of you hehe. Still, I'd rather have a Blaster/Roller/Slosher instead, in exchange. I think I'm around 815 now lol. I was actually surprised since I rarely go 800+ on Spawning Grounds until the time I got to 999. It's hard even with good weapons. I wasn't actually trying to go 9's or anything higher today. I was just going with the flow. Don't risk it if you feel that you're stuck around 400 or so, but it's up to you. It won't be that hard to climb back up anyway. The next shift is awesome. Dapple, Jet Squelcher, Squeezer then a mystery one, except that the recommended Grizzco is Slosher.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I'm still wearing the splatfest tee because I'm too lazy to change it out to another shirt LOL. Just playing SR these days, but I guess I can change my gear so people can get a chance at buying some pure gear. When I played splatfest, I tried getting some new pure stuff/scrub ability chunks off the splatfest shirt. Otherwise, the abilities have no use in SR so I dont bother changing. But yeah! My main use of missiles is getting people to move/act as bait, but it's satisfying when the missiles get kills (even though that's not my intent). And I agree with you re: super jump; sometimes it can look "safe" but the tides can really take a bad turn in the time it takes to super jump - I usually just take the extra few seconds to swim. Sucks when you super jump and immediately get splatted, especially in higher ranked modes when stakes feel higher. I used to be pretty impulsive when I started but I learned to take the time to draw back. Being alive/staying alive is so important in ranked, too.

I usually take a peek at splatnet after every round during the gap time it takes to load another round :x I just like seeing the stats/numbers and it gives me motivation to try to improve for the next round. It is definitely frustrating when the team doesn't ink the walls but pleasantly surprisingly when someone actually takes the time to ink an entire wall! I prefer to try not to drop to 200 lol, the climb up can be annoying, as you said. I have no idea how power eggs work either, so I also try to focus on killing boss salmonids. I am a work in progress lolll

And yeah sometimes I feel like I main bombs! I'm still working on the timing aspect when I revive teammates but I'll try to keep a closer eye on the symbols. Goodness, I cant imagine getting to 800 on today's rotation. The next one looks interesting though, looking forward to it! Grizzo slosher is fun for eliminating Flyfish, steelheads and drizzlers!

Your recent teammates would say "Ahh boring. We aren't gonna get anything with her wearing a splatfest tee" at least, you still have the cap and shoes that they could order lol. That's actually one of my purpose of wearing them so people could order. I feel like being generous since I don't have use for pure gear anyway. I change mine from time to time just for the heck of it. You probably won't kill a lot on S+/X ranks using the missiles due to them (you) being smarter but I could imagine getting unintentional splats when things get chaotic. Oh yeah, there was a time I used the Octobrush with beacon so I had to wear a pure sub power up for the super jump but still extremely risky. I'd rather swim after respawning. It's kinda useful on Splatzones or TC, to some extent. Is quick respawn useful? Think I;ve read somewhere that it doesn't activate immediately unless you're continually being splatted. I'm not sure. But maybe, the less time isn't that noticeable and not really worth an ability slot. Hate the feeling when you die then see the other team quickly closing in on the goal (the number is shrinking). I'm like "Ffff come on. Go. Go. Argh why does it take a long time for me to respawn?!"

I'm a stat guy person too. Well, a little. Not really obsessed but I don't play SR without looking at the splatnet app at least a few times. I'm always curious about my average death. I want to lower it as much as possible. Ohhh speaking of inking the walls. I met someone named "INKTHEWALLS" on the Polaris shift today. lol it was hilarious seeing the name. I was skeptical thinking "Kinda sounds like a troll, or not. Maybe he wanted us to ink the walls since he won't do it". We started the match and wow, the walls were properly inked (not what you're thinking though. It's not obsessively inked or something lol). It was just right and hey, he's pretty good. I met him randomly again after 5-10 matches and we both won each time. Awesome player. Anyway, I would say I'm still learning every shift. I'm still trying to figure out how to be creative and fast in putting eggs whenever I get a team that doesn't know how to lure and kill bosses near the shore. I'm trying to balancing it out but it's hard when the team isn't doing the objective and keeps on dying far from the basket. I always try to be on the safe side whenever I can. The Grizzco slosher is so powerful in the right hands but becomes a liability when your teammates don't know how to use it. Oh, and it's really good on Griller rounds. I had it earlier and felt like one shot of slosher could make them spin right away. Try it! It's kind of a double-edge on Flyfish. If you need eggs fast, kill them. If it's normal tide and they're just being annoying, I'd rather throw a single bomb to paralyze their attacks. Good luck and hope you enjoy the shift!

---------------------------
Anyway,
I felt like I had to post this lol because I was really excited "finishing my job" in only 7 hours (with little breaks every now and then) last night/today. I was up and playing in the middle of the night actually. I need sleep. But oh well, I guess it wasn't too bad getting a Grizzco slosher as a recommended Grizzco weapon, at least on the current shift. I also had the momentum and won all of my HLM today. I also won 34 times and lost only 8 times overall as per splatnet. I started off a bit slow, then went 20-1 from Profresh 560 to 930 (a single wave 2 loss) then lost a couple more after but nothing too much that I couldn't handle towards the end.

So yeah, I finally got a 999 on a normal shift with a mystery weapon or a normal shift/mystery weapon combination. Every game was, of course, done in FREELANCE :)

On my second to the last game it was HLM so yeah, we won quite easily there. I had to play my role a bit (5-0) to revive some teammates.

Well, here on the video, I had to do a slight "carry job" on my last game. We almost ran out of time on the first wave but I quickly spotted a Maw near the basket, bomb it, then put the 3 remaining eggs as time expired. It was Cohock charge on Wave 2 and I was skeptical if they could kill bosses properly. I had the aerospray that time and was thinking of getting to the cannon but having second thoughts at the same time. I don't trust them when it comes to making the quota. I didn't and once I saw Stingers and Steelhead, still alive throwing their bomb and about to terrorize the area near the basket, I had to bust out my inkjet to snipe it as well as those Stingers on the sides. From then it was mostly Scrappers, Drizzlers and a few Eels then we made the quota early and just ran the time and worked on surviving. Third wave was "fog" normal tide. I had to spam this way to at the start since I saw one going down trying to kill a scrapper? I think. Good thing they followed and every time I see a Scrapper or Drizzler or any boss climbing up, I always spam "this way" lol. We were slightly bothered by Steel eels but quickly took care of them using my remaining Inkjet, so in the end, we made the quota early again. They somehow died at the end lol that was weird. Still I didn't stay close after the quota thinking something like that will happen. Shoutout to one of my Japanese teammates who helped me carry the others as well as putting the eggs. Also, to the one who revived me once. That meant a lot. Sorry, I did not pay attention to who's who lol. Okay, this is my longest post haha.

YZ6tDK8.jpg

snPwPht.jpg

Only had 1 loss from Profresh 560 to 930.
0bk6P4B.jpg

HoxLEY3.jpg

s5tabo9.jpg

My last game to 999.
If6OQUc.jpg

SjPvee3.jpg

Last edited:
As much as I'm getting tired of doing it on Salmonid Smokeyard, I got another 999. I think this is my 5th time on SS alone lol. Well, it wasn't all pretty. Got off to a slow start again, then went from 600-900 with little problems. then the game started trolling me around 930+. I got to 990/980 twice before finally making it to the top. Had to go through a few shifts with teammates ignoring the objective (like you know, not putting the eggs) or like, "I'm not allowed to die once or else it would end in a wipeout". But that's fine. I love the challenge. I don't ask the help of a companion or join friends when things get ugly. I don't play this kind of game just to chicken out or you know, take shortcuts lol. In my opinion, it does not count as freelance if you get a 999 but somewhere on there, you've played a few shifts with friends lol.
So, here it is. Profreshional 400 to 999 (true/pure) freelance all the way. :)

aAi4r4D.jpg

MQTvCXz.jpg

Last game to 999.
UntkQNX.jpg

My highest egg count this rotation (45 eggs, HLM, at around 900+).
9tqexFE.jpg

Also, my highest revive today (15, 0 death)
ual5Kwg.jpg

Last edited:
ohh wait, I've lost count! its that your 10th 999 Freelance? o_OI know you've reached 999 again recently and I've watched you playing too.

Indeed, another legit freelance victory ahahhaha. :p

Maybe you should put something like that on your profile. ahahaha:unsure:

ohh wait, I've lost count! its that your 10th 999 Freelance? o_OI know you've reached 999 again recently and I've watched you playing too.

Indeed, another legit freelance victory ahahhaha. :p

Maybe you should put something like that on your profile. ahahaha:unsure:

Oh yeah, I just counted lol. I did not realize that! Yes, I love playing on a big screen and cursing at people every time I lose haha jk. Well, sometimes, if they don't play smart lol. Thank you and I like the word "legit" ;) Put something on my profile? You mean like "10x 999 Freelance"? Well, haha no, I don't post stuff like that. That's kinda lame, I think? I don't need to put titles or something like that. I will let my play do the talking instead. I mean, I'd rather share my experiences on here and say stuff about randoms that I've met. I also prefer posting multiple screenshots/videos as proof to show that I actually accomplished something. On the other hand, I feel like a lot of players are doing that haha. It's easy to put numbers and anything like that on your title, then add more later even if they aren't true, just to say you accomplish them on freelance. :p I love the part when they would tag/mention the name of their friends to thank them for it. That seems too obvious, don't you think? And like I said, lame. It entertains me though haha.

Last edited:
Okay so, I got another 999 on Lost Outpost. I used to loathe this map on Freelance and felt like I was already satisfied getting it on a Grizzco weapon rotation, even if it's the only one I have. I did not expect that I'd get more after that. Now, I have 3. Anyway, I had my usual "okay" start from 400 to 600. A couple of losses here and there. Then, I went 17-3 from 620-930. I had a bit of hard time after that. I had a few more losses that dropped me down to 900. I've encountered some really bad or maybe, worse teammates not doing the objective like we're already on wave 3 and one of them still had 4 eggs? I checked their profile and it says 4,880 hours. Obvious troll is obvious. They're the worst. Hoping that they'd accidentally drop their Switch after that or forever have drifting joycons. Yeah. Whatever. Thankfully, I got it back up then went on mini streak until 980. That's when I encountered another "Wave 3 = 5 eggs" teammate on HLM (both of their names were in Japanese ugh). Really on HLM? Just be fff gone and go ask your friends to "carry" you (if you have one) or go troll yourselves. That's where you belong. I blocked them immediately after. Well, at least those losses came from not making quota on wave 3 and not earlier. In the end, I was able to make it to the top once more on full/pure/"legit" Freelance ;) So, this is probably the part when I need to mention names and thank people who played with me... but well, I played with randoms. Like you know, people who I probably played with only once or twice, if you're lucky (or unlucky). 99% of the time, I don't choose/press "Again" after a shift, regardless if we win or not, so I usually don't remember them lol. Still, thank you randoms! Oh, and that reminds me, I only had a single loss that happened on wave 1. They're mostly wave 3, and maybe a few wave 2.

js3tm7f.jpg

Grizzco
seWNdsW.jpg

Last game to 999.
kcCA1J3.jpg

Perhaps, my best game this rotation? xD
sgdqdHY.jpg

I thought this was weird and funny at the same time. I usually bust out my Inkjet during the times when I need to kill multiple Steelheads, Steel Eels or group of Stingers when I feel like they're starting to bother or overwhelm us, but on this specific shift, I used my first special to revive my teammates (which I rarely do using the inkjet unless all of the 3 are dead and I could not reach them with bombs). That's fine, since there's no SH or SE in sight near the basket and it's already in the middle of wave 3. Well, as for the second one (seen on the video), I used it as a safety net so I could put eggs (we're almost nearing the quota) after bombing the Maw. There's still other Maws around the vicinity and I don't want to risk it, so I was like "What the heck" then used my last special, until someone came right by the front entrance lol. I was like "That was perfect timing".

Last edited:
So, I felt sad that I wasn't able to hit the Steel Eel with my Inkjet (my teammate killed it lol) and thought I've wasted a special until...
Well, I was like "Whoa, nice. That thing wasn't even facing me".

Another shift on my favorite map, another 999. Well, yeah yeah. I'm really getting tired of SS. The Explosher got me a bit intrigued. I don't like it, tbh. I barely use it so I wasn't sure if I could be proficient with the weapon. I usually don't play the rotation whenever I see one, but this was an exception. The weapon set are great. Two shooters with decent range and an awesome charger. Oh yes! Splatterscope is my favorite charger on SR. I prefer that over the normal Splat charger (but I love this weapon still!) so I used them as motivation to try to go for it again. Also this time, I try to balance it out, but focus a bit on putting the eggs than going out of my way to revive people. I think I won all of my HLM, or least 99% of them so it's good. Oh, I pretty much wanted one when I got to 980, but ,oh well, the game likes to troll me so it gave me teammates that doesn't like to lure, put eggs and loves to die, while I was using the Explosher (ugh wave 2, we ran out of time). In the end, I lost 10 points and needed to 2 more wins to make it to the top. HLM, next. Yay. Win! I was back to only needing one game. But ugh, another low quota at the start. I've made sure to do much better and yeah, I felt like, that my best game, at least this rotation. GG and thanks to the awesome random/s who revived me twice. :) And oh, by the way. It's FL FL FL, from 400 to 999. I play to challenge myself. No fun taking shortcuts.

BDur0z5.jpg

Didn't realize I was wearing that Hickory cap again.
kj8HZlG.jpg

Highest egg, highest boss kill, highest revive, lowest death. Finally done!
lCeeze6.jpg

Last edited:
Whoa! FL! FL! FL! that's with random people and not with friends ahahahhaha;):ROFLMAO:. It's really annoying to see people on Social Media claiming that they have reached 999 thru FL and eventually found out they were playing with friends that time :LOL:.

I really don't know someone yet that I met whose really capable of doing SR on their own without the help of a group/ friends because to be honest that is really difficult and you need dozen of patience and SKILL to achieve those kind of victory ahaahhah. 😬

For me, it's more precious and self fulfilling if you really accomplished those on your own with random people rather than with friends because your skills will be more tested and you will see the positive outcome after rather than like spoon feeding and sugar-coated skills and your talent in playing those are not being practiced and enhanced because all of you already know each other and could coach each other while playing. More legit feeling and victory if you will be with someone you really don't know. That is a talent of a true gamer too.;)

This is all my opinion. :)

Whoa! FL! FL! FL! that's with random people and not with friends ahahahhaha;):ROFLMAO:. It's really annoying to see people on Social Media claiming that they have reached 999 thru FL and eventually found out they were playing with friends that time :LOL:.

I really don't know someone yet that I met whose really capable of doing SR on their own without the help of a group/ friends because to be honest that is really difficult and you need dozen of patience and SKILL to achieve those kind of victory ahaahhah. 😬

For me, it's more precious and self fulfilling if you really accomplished those on your own with random people rather than with friends because your skills will be more tested and you will see the positive outcome after rather than like spoon feeding and sugar-coated skills and your talent in playing those are not being practiced and enhanced because all of you already know each other and could coach each other while playing. More legit feeling and victory if you will be with someone you really don't know. That is a talent of a true gamer too.;)

This is all my opinion. :)

Don't get me wrong. Teaming up with friends is much more fun, but if your purpose is to challenge yourself and say like, "Hey, I finally did it", I feel like I'm wasting my time if I attempt to accomplish something but I'm trying to do it with the help of friends. If you're good and the others are good, the outcome is kind of you know? Expected. That's boring to me. I don't see them as an accomplishment or something, aside from us just having fun.

Oh yeah, FL to them is like playing a bit with randoms, then the rest with friends. They consider it FL, because well, nobody will find out lol. One advice though. If you like people to believe that your run is legit, please don't put something like "Thanks to......". For example, "FL999 x 100. Could have been lossless (no loss). Thanks to A and B (username)". I check the username and saw something like "Thank you, C, for carrying me" lol. I mean WTH... That's hilarious. FL with friends? They're really proud? lol. Do they really know what FL means?

For the past few weeks/months, I've been playing SR a lot and I rarely see their names pop up. Wish they could be on my team! I'm getting tired of playing with dumb people on Freelance. Like yeah, super dumb. They're hopeless. I'm sure not a lot of people could relate. They probably don't see players like that lol (*cough* "they're too busy playing with friends"). Oh, by the way. Have I told you about this person (on my friend list) who I thought they're always playing freelance? I found out that they're connected to these people who likes flaunting their fake FL999's on SM lol. This person used to play better (I actually thought they can do FL999 solo) whenever we get randomly paired on freelance, but just recently, I played with them twice on different occasions. First game, we finished the wave but their stat was something like "8-10 eggs then 0 revive, 2 deaths". The second time wasn't pretty. It was just in LO a few days ago. We didn't make the quota on wave 2. They're just there, outside killing bosses and not luring them. I was the only person near the basket trying to put the eggs and waiting for the scrappers and maws to go inside, but yeah, they're chasing my other teammates outside. In the end, we ran out of time. I expected a lot from them, honestly. For someone who likes teaming up with 999 players, that's really, really dumb. Why are you guys getting exposed whenever you play with me? haha can't help it, but I like it when something like that happens. At least we (me, my girlfriend and my daughter) have something to talk about after lol.

------------------------------------

This took quite a while going from Freelance 400 to 999 lol. I'm not gonna fool everyone and say that I kept winning and that everything was easy because I got stuck at 800-860+ range. Anyone who says otherwise is straight up lying that they played everything with random people (and instead hid themselves in the comfort of their friends/groups). Felt like I was just going back and forth, like winning an HLM only to lose a wave 1 round after. I was like darn! Don't you guys know how to use your specials other than to save them on wave 3? What if we need a few more eggs to be able to pass wave 2? Aren't you gonna use that stinger to kill the scrappers annoying us near the basket or use the inkjet or splashdown to kill those steelheads and eels? Is it better to save them for last, even if there's no wave 3? Do they carry over to your next shift if you don't use them? lol. So getting wrecked on wave 1 or 2 is better than reaching wave 3 without specials? Also hate it when players don't properly lure like they kill stuff on the far end of the map facing the basket. Marooner's Bay has probably the smallest margin of error on higher ranks when it comes to luring. You can mess things up on a matter of seconds even one person can do that and yes, on Freelance. I mean, think people, think. Use your brain. WTH. Aren't you embarrassed that we couldn't even survive wave 1 because we needed you to play smart? I checked their profiles and see they're S, S+ players. OMG. No words. Anyway. I was fortunate that after several hours, I was able to breach the 900 mark until about 970. But the matchmaking trolled me again being paired with these idiots. I went down to 920 then managed to get back up to 940 again. I got really frustrated so I took a shower then resume my play. I really wanted this so bad. Thankfully, luck was on my side again when it comes to randoms (except for that particular wave 1 griller HLM which was my only wave 1 defeat around 900+ range). Good thing that the other HLM teams were competitive so I finally got to 970/980/990 range. I lost a few times but not too bad until, yay, thank you for giving me awesome HLM teammates on that final game as well as those two "Rush" rounds lol. I'm really proud of this because it wasn't easy. I had to work for everything. That's what I'm always telling PLC (my/our daughter). I hate cheaters/posers in gaming. I'm an old-school gamer at heart so there's no taking shortcuts. You won't learn if you take the easy way out. So you wanna go to S+ or X? Work hard for it. I mean, there's a reason her activity log is over 2500+ hours now. You wanna reach 999 on SR? Do it, like how I normally play it. Solo. You're not gonna learn if I'm there playing with you.

So anyway. I was finally able to make it to 999 and now, have legit Freelance 999 in all maps (Salmonid Smokeyard, Spawning Grounds, Ruins of Ark Polaris, Lost Outpost and Marooner's Bay) and in every rotation/shift (normal rotation, mystery rotation, normal/mystery and Grizzco) and a few more. I mean, where else? I never play those boring half-half FL or twinning or group or whatever you call them lol (no offense) :)

W1u3VR1.jpg

el0opca.jpg

YTjUXCQ.jpg

From "carry job"
ChEW6JP.jpg

To literally "babysitting" :p
ykZhkso.jpg

This was one of my favorite videos today. It happened on HLM 960+ on wave 3. We were missing one egg to make the quota and thankfully, I was able to get one. But then, I saw the symbols on my screen that two of my teammates died so I decided to wait a bit and not to force myself to go to the basket. I kind of assumed that my third teammate might die. If I push through, we're gonna make quota but I might die after without reviving anyone so that'll be suicide. Besides, we still had a plenty of time to put one. In the end, I was glad that I found an opening (probably not what you're thinking xD).

Last edited:
Initially, I thought this weapon set sucks, and not to mention, kind of, you know? Weak, especially on higher Professional when things get really chaotic (*cough* Bamboozlerrr) but hey, it's on my favorite map so I tried to play a bit just for fun. The result? I only lost once on my way to 600. Thought, it was fool's gold. My first major bump happened after that. I've gone up until 660+ with maybe a few more losses, but that's when the game decided to give me really dumb players/randoms who tries to kill bosses on the far right side of the map as soon as they respawn (namely "jimmy" and "hamoin". Also, special mention to "vacer". I get paired with you several times before and saw you again earlier and you always suck. To think, that was HLM. You don't deserve it lol sorry). Anyway, can they not think? It's probably easier to lure these bosses near the basket so we could deliver the eggs much faster. It's simple, right? I'll make your job much easier when you play with me, as long as you are luring them properly and putting the eggs after. You can die. Don't worry about it. I'd always try to revive you. Don't just make it habit like dying 5 times or more in one wave lol. Well, yeah. It's supposed to be that simple. I lost 50 points that time and went down to 615. Challenge accepted. I decided that was enough. So, I started to string some wins as I got to 700, 800 then went to 900 with only a few wave 3 defeat. That's when I thought, "Maybe, I should probably go for 999? This bamboozler thingie is motivating me lol". In the end, it wasn't easy because I had to suck up those 2-3 losses (again they're all on wave 3) around 900+ before I was finally able to pull through. The bamboozler has been a revelation. I was wrong to judged it lol and I could say that it goes so well with the other weapons, at least on this map. It might a bit of a problem on low tides (range/power) but on normal tide and high tide, it really can hold its own. The "rush" rounds are hit/miss (depends if you know how to stay on the walls when targeted) but I won most of them. So I guess, this is my 14th Freelance 999 now? :) Awesome rotation!

Q61wvwb.jpg

tXzszq4.jpg

I'm at 15000+ shift now :)
CWCg9Vl.jpg

My last game to 999
tAzMgr7.jpg

This was one of those instances when people don't lure. At the start of the wave (low tide), one Steelhead appeared early. Two of my teammates decided they would try to kill it near the shore. Then came, another Steelhead. It took, maybe, half the time until a Steel Eel appeared and they finally backed down lol. I was just there trying to kill whoever comes near the basket then deposit the eggs. As you can see, there were already 3 SH before I finally decided that I needed to do something than lose wave 1 (due to not making quota) without a fight. And yes, we were able to finish the entire shift.

E7yYGuW.jpg

Last edited:
Lol okay. This rotation looks decent and it's on Polaris but a few things turned me off. First, the Goo Tuber and second, the Carbon Roller. The weapon set looks pretty weak (again, like the previous rotation). I already got 999 in both Splat Dualies and the roller so I gave it a chance to play. I just wanted to play it, casually, and see how far I can go. I'm not a fan of H-3 Nozzlenose either. I prefer L-3 by a mile. So yeah, I struggled a bit at the start. It took 3 hours for me to go to 600? lol I just woke up from a nap when I started to play so I was still probably half-asleep. Haha no excuses. Did I say that I just wanted to play this rotation casually? Just for fun. I didn't plan to take this seriously, tbh. So after 3 hours, my gf told me it was time to eat (dinner at 2am) lol. When I got back, I lost my first match, then the unthinkable happened. I went on a 19-2 run (win/loss) from Profreshional 605 to 915 including 11 straight from 655-855. I kept winning even in those instances I felt like I'm going to lose and surprisingly, only one or two of my matches were HLM. Oh speaking of HLM. I felt like a lot of people didn't deserve to be on 600+ or at least, be on the team. They suck so hard. I had several wave 1 and 2 HLM loss and that's because they weren't putting the eggs on time and not using special. Well, like usual, they wanted to save them for the invisible wave 3. I mean, I'd understand if that happened on the lower quotas. But HLM, really? They must have left their brain elsewhere again. Anyway, going to 900-999 wasn't a cakewalk either. I lost a few early but gotten to 985 without me pulling my hair lol. Only needed one win. The curse. Then I lost 4 straight? You could imagine my frustration. Dropped down to 945. I was honestly about to call it a day, but good thing, I was able to win 3 straight after that and finally achieved it. All in all, it wasn't pretty and took me a lot of time compared to the last rotation but I'll take it. So, add Goo Tuber to the list of charger 999's (Splat charger, Splatterscope, E-liter 4k, Bamboozler). Well, if isn't that obvious yet, this was all done on Freelance with random players. That reminds me. I haven't even seen one of those so called 999 players today, like the whole time I was playing. They must be hiding in "groups" *cough* lol jk.

sRFue4L.jpg

323xKY4.jpg

The game that ranked me up to 999
MKx5qwx.jpg

"Carry jobs". The last of the three was HLM and a lot of were dying. (GG randoms. At least we won!)
LTunoxO.jpg

uXHKRI8.jpg

UbOFshR.jpg

n0UYyCT.jpg

19 win, 2 loss from 605-915 (11 straight from 655-855).
clhJ0Da.jpg

YTbl8Ab.jpg

b4IZa8j.jpg

Last edited:
Whoa!o_O:eek: Another 999! Well, I can say another legit FL run :p.

Lately, there were a lot in social media flaunting their so called "Legit FL". However, if you'll check their Stats OMG! their average shows and they cannot hide it. Hello! It's like "What are they really thinking?! ;) I'm guessing they know how to compute their average, aren't they?ahahahahha :D.

Some were like hyping it! hello again! Can you just play first before you hype all the people you know ahahhahaha:ROFLMAO: then turns out and ended up not reaching the 999 level. They are confident to reach 999 because they know that they have a group that they can depend on anytime they wanted to reach the level. Unfortunately, you will not be lucky every time you wanted it to happen. Why? because like I've said before you have to have the SKILL. If you are already used to be in a group, for me, there will be a lesser chance that you will enhance your skill because you will just depend on them and you will just be stuck on what you are normally doing.

Whenever I've watched you playing. I rarely see people whom you can depend on especially during Hazzard level. Most of them were playing like an average one. They can't rarely survive (even wave 1) nor know how to put an egg ahahahhah😄 Is that what you called 999ers?🧐 and still keeps on flaunting that on all Salmon Run stages they have reached 999 and it was just too easy for them.

I don't believe on those people playing pure and legit FL that they could not even encounter stupid and lame (sorry for the term) team members and just gracefully reached the 999 without any hassle nor curse at one point. Are you the Son of Almighty? 😇 ahahahha.
Or maybe they are like a baggage that will be carried all throughout.😋

✌Just a keen observation✌

Whoa!o_O:eek: Another 999! Well, I can say another legit FL run :p.

Lately, there were a lot in social media flaunting their so called "Legit FL". However, if you'll check their Stats OMG! their average shows and they cannot hide it. Hello! It's like "What are they really thinking?! ;) I'm guessing they know how to compute their average, aren't they?ahahahahha :D.

Some were like hyping it! hello again! Can you just play first before you hype all the people you know ahahhahaha:ROFLMAO: then turns out and ended up not reaching the 999 level. They are confident to reach 999 because they know that they have a group that they can depend on anytime they wanted to reach the level. Unfortunately, you will not be lucky every time you wanted it to happen. Why? because like I've said before you have to have the SKILL. If you are already used to be in a group, for me, there will be a lesser chance that you will enhance your skill because you will just depend on them and you will just be stuck on what you are normally doing.

Whenever I've watched you playing. I rarely see people whom you can depend on especially during Hazzard level. Most of them were playing like an average one. They can't rarely survive (even wave 1) nor know how to put an egg ahahahhah😄 Is that what you called 999ers?🧐 and still keeps on flaunting that on all Salmon Run stages they have reached 999 and it was just too easy for them.

I don't believe on those people playing pure and legit FL that they could not even encounter stupid and lame (sorry for the term) team members and just gracefully reached the 999 without any hassle nor curse at one point. Are you the Son of Almighty? 😇 ahahahha.
Or maybe they are like a baggage that will be carried all throughout.😋

✌Just a keen observation✌

Oh yeah, it's called Freelance for a reason. It even says "Work with a team of random to get the job done", so playing on freelance then later switch to "twinlance" (I don't even know where this term came from lol) or quad/full squad then go freelancing again to reach 999 or something like that, isn't the same as playing freelance all the way from 400 to 999, so stop those FL999 nonsense lol.

They could probably fool these casual players or the ones who likes to play in groups that doesn't mind their stats, but I'm a "stat" kind of guy and have played 15000 shifts so I know how freelance works and definitely know how to read stats. I actually check mine every now and then to see if I'm doing fine or if there's an area I need to improve, like okay, I think I've been focusing too much on revives so I should probably try to increase my egg count or like, I feel like I've been reviving less/dying more compared to my standard so I need to revive more/die less. Trying to strike a balance between both usually does it for me. You know? Having 20+ or close to 20 eggs on average, then maybe 3.5 to 4 or 5 revives and almost 1 death per game, works well for me. Most importantly, I try not to die as much. I don't think averaging 1.5 and above isn't ideal, unless your revive stat is around 4 to 5 trying to offset that. Even then, playing with randoms would be a pain. If you're actually playing freelance, you will meet players that die every 5 seconds lol and they're pretty common. They might be okay in luring and egg running but dies easily, so in order to win, you aren't allowed to die. Sounds simple, isn't it? lol. So, if you're dying 2 times (when rounded off) on average, goodluck with that!

"Hyping people up". Sounds like the opposite of what I do every rotation or in everything. I'm not that kind of person to say "I'm going to do this and that." or like "It's timeeeeee (maybe to dominate?)" or like "I'm getting really close to 999 or something like that". I'd rather just keep quiet while on the process of doing something then maybe tell/post it afterwards? Better if I get it. If not, still good, I guess? At least, I wouldn't feel embarrassed by hyping people up only to fail after lol. Oh yeah, you do have a point. When playing "with friends" (competent players, to say the least), there's always a chance that you will get what you're really after that's why they are that confident. It's like you have this ability on your gear that says "Auto 999" if you wear it lol.

I'm honestly this close to calling this person out. She's obviously one of those "999 players" but omg. The game decided to troll me and met her twice (randomly) when I was around 900+ and in both times, she failed so hard. They're both HLM matches, and we didn't even reach wave 3. Still, she's 999, so I expected that she can hold her own. Unfortunately, my other two teammates weren't that good so it's kind of like I'm forced to carry these 3 and on HLM. Are you kidding me? Even this 999 player? Ideally, it would be possible to carry the other two if she didn't mess up. She died like 5 or more times in the first wave alone (high tide on Polaris), using an N-Zap, that's obviously fast and easy to use (just hold ZR and you're good). I was a freaking Goo Tuber! We were able to finish wave 1 but I've made a mistake while reviving my other teammate and died. You can guess what happened next. No one was there to revive (even that person that I just revived) as I watch them die, one after the other. It resulted in a wipeout, but even if didn't, I don't think we'd make the quota either. I'm pretty sure she did worse compared to the other two. 1 revive, 6 deaths, 9 eggs. The others had 4/4, 6/6 and each had 7 eggs. Me? I had 7 revives, 2 deaths and 10 eggs. It's not anything fancy and I wasn't proud. It resulted in a loss. Then, again just recently. I was 960 and 2 wins away from 999 when her name randomly appeared again as one of my random teammate. I was like, "Omg, time to suck". But then, I was thinking, "She probably remembered the last time (or not) so she might do better this time to make up for it" lol it was just me trying to stay positive. Then yeah, griller round on the first wave. Goodluck with that, as it is the hardest on MB. Guess, she wasn't that bad this time around (by only dying twice using a Grizzco Brella lol). I just didn't like it when she lured the first griller near the basket, when you're supposed to lure it in front of the platform at the center. I would've guessed she did that for easier egg running, but still, that's risky and you were leaving in an impression to your other teammates that the griller must be lured on that area. It could work when you're in a group. But we weren't and again, my other teammates weren't that smart, so yeah, in the end, they followed this person's lead and everything got messed up. They started to die so the griller decided to target me the whole time (the reason I wasn't able to put enough eggs). No stingray. No special apart from my splashdown that barely worked except for clearing those small frys that bothered me. It was still possible near the end to make the quota, but my other teammate who's being targeted decided to camp near the basket. I was like WTH "Get the fff out of there". We missed the quota by one egg. This 999 player had the highest egg. Oh wow, I'm impressed, but she obviously forced it to make up for her "deaths" lol. I mean, why does it always ends up in a loss whenever I play with her? (more so lately). Well, I met other 999 players on freelance (legit or not, who knows?) on different occasions and they all resulted in a win. I always win, so I don't think it's my fault. I wouldn't be upset if that happened around 600s but it was 900+. Heck, they could qualify as my "Worst Salmon Run" team/s (see? I'm on topic). The game, probably would've played differently if she didn't die and act like "I know this better" at the start. I remember her saying something like "MB has the easiest night/special rounds". I'd say "Yeahhhh sure" lol. How about trying not to die, or at least, not too much? That would be a great start. Guess it's good to keep posting your videos/screenshots (like hey, can you do that? I'm super amazing!) then suck later on lol :)

I guess, they end up forming bad habits when like depending too much with each other or being used to having competent teammates. Once they go solo and play freelance, they do stuff that isn't ideal when playing with randoms or they just end up sucking and expecting others to carry and revive them, which doesn't always happen. "Son of Almighty" LOL yes! I'm the only person who frequently encounters idiots on freelance. The RNG isn't kind to me. Oh well. They're always blessed and could do no wrong. :cool:

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't realize at first that my last 999 was on Polaris lol and a week after, we're back on Polaris. This was kind of weird rotation. I had to grind almost every bit after 500 (yes, even going to 600). I had my fair share of wave 1 defeat early and around the middle (ugh). Part of it, maybe, because I didn't take the last 3 rotation seriously and played them casually. I didn't like the weapon set, so yeah... might be rusty and as usual, bad teammates. Anyway, so I thought a combination of L-3, Ballpoint, .96 gal and E-Liter is awesome, albeit not that easy to use for players who doesn't play SR a lot. I like their range and how powerful they are (they're all big boss killers). But then, again, I have to consider the random players like if they could handle these weapons. I'd say, it's a hit and miss. There was a point that I've gone back and forth from early 800s to late 700s then back to 800 again. It's mostly due to us not making quota or like when I die, my teammates would react nicely and die with me ugh lol. I stayed through with it until I started to get competent teammates. It's still a grind, but I've gotten mostly wave 3 losses once I got back to 800 then 850 and so on (except for one wave 1 around 940 which sucks, but then, I quickly got my rank back up). Not a lot of people were dying on my later shifts, so that was a breath of fresh air haha. I didn't have a hard time after that, winning 3 straight after getting back to 940 to finally get to 999. I honestly didn't need this because I already gotten three 999 on this map (now it's 4) but I kind of wanted one for L-3, .96 Gal and the E-Liter scope, especially L-3 Nozzlenose. It's been one of my favorite weapons on SR. Might be top 10, so yeah, I'm really glad that I did it again on Freelance. Everything on Freelance. 16th time on Freelance. You know, I'm allergic to twin, tri, quad "lance" lol kidding... on that part of "allergic". I just never really play SR like that when I seriously want to rank up. :)

bUrkIjo.jpg

71xpzit.jpg

lQGiLnm.jpg

Last edited:
While everyone (including my daughter) has been busy playing the Splatoween, I opened up my game to check if there's already a new SR rotation. I was like "Ooh, Salmonid Smokeyard. The weapon set is okay but the recommended weapon is Grizzco charger". So I thought, there will be instances when you're gonna have two chargers in your team (Squiffer and Grizzco or E-Liter/Splat/Goo Tuber/Bamboozler). I call this "The charger's rotation". I was like "Nah, I'd just play this casually until I feel like I'm tired and wanna go to sleep". Maybe until 600? 700? Who knows? I had a good start losing only twice from 400 to 600 (both wave 3) so I thought, I wanted to play more. That's when I started to struggle going from 620-700 lol. I lost several wave 3s and maybe, a single wave 1. Still it wasn't too bad. I eventually reached 785, then I took a break and had a late dinner with my gf and cute daughter. Also, took a shower after. I was having second thoughts of going back but I wasn't tired yet so I went ahead and play a bit more. I feel like I wasn't that motivated since I don't need another 999 on SS lol. I also noticed that people are too fond of killing bosses on this rotation (chargers might have something to do with that) so I played the role of being an egg runner first then just try to revive if I really need to (like if 2 to 3 players are already on lifesaver). Still, I tried to balance them out. I wouldn't say that I'm good at being egg runner so I'm kind of "practicing" it. Oh yes, I'm trying to do both and see if I would still be efficient. So I was saying, I went back but argh, things got worse after. I lost 3 straight wave 3s and I could not get that single win to 800. I was like "I don't need this rotation so just a few more games and I'm out". I finally got the win only to get a wave 1 defeat after (and on HLM). Ugh. One more and I'm done. Oh, speaking of HLM. I had a lot of them today and I feel like it's pretty easy to get to 600 and some players really don't deserve it. I hate it every time I lose a wave 1 HLM because people were playing like the quota is 15. WTH. You should be ashamed of yourselves because you didn't play smart or probably have no business being in there. Luckily, I got back to 800+ and started to string a couple of wins and rank up to 900. Then I lost another then got the dreaded "communication error" after that. Felt like I went back and forth from 890-915 a few times lol. I was really getting annoyed (and tired) but after the 3rd time, I was able to push it to 935 then later won 4 straight games to end it at 999. Had a big sigh of relief. At least I didn't have to deal with that "980 curse". I love the part when I had that 12-3 win/loss run from 825 to 999 (supposed to be 2 loss but I got that one freakin' disconnection).

So, I just realized that I've gotten 999's on every charger weapon on SR (Bamboozler, Goo Tuber, E-Liter, E-Liter Scope, Splat Charger, Splatterscope, Grizzco Charger and finally, Squiffer). Awesome! There goes another pure Freelance 999 for me! Thank you randoms, everyone who played with me! Whoever and whenever you are. GG, even the ones who keep on sucking! No matter how many times I cursed you, all is forgiven once I get to 999 lol.

By the way, congrats to "President Lerina Cute" for winning a 100x battle, as well as multiple 10x battle earlier! I'm proud (regardless of which team wins the Splatfest). ;)

RxsP5ne.jpg

ndhu0kt.jpg

My last (HLM) game that ranked me up to 999.
CfJ91Sr.jpg

12 wins and 3 losses (including 1 disconnection) from 825 to 999.
ymJODYi.jpg

xude8wv.jpg

Last edited:
Tbh, I'm at the point where I'm kind of losing the motivation to play. I barely played the last few rotations, not even trying to go for 600. I'd rather spend my time on a single player game on my PS4/Xbox whenever I have the chance. I'm probably getting tired of (reviving) playing with randoms who doesn't know how to play the game properly. It becomes so stressful at times that I feel like I shouldn't depend my happiness or that feeling of satisfaction on things that I could not control. But okay, fine. I had nothing to do earlier. I didn't feel sleepy yet and learned about the awesome rotation on Polaris (again?) lol. Seems like the good weapons tend to favor Polaris or SS lately. I just noticed that. Okay, so I played a few games. Still, I felt like I was just going with the flow. I wasn't sure if I'm gonna go for 999. So, to make it a little more interesting, I've decided to try to go for the "egg count" as my number one priority then "revive" if I really need to. Let's see if I could do that consistently... with randoms. I'm always like "Oh, you wanted to kill the bosses down near the shore, but unfortunately, got splatted? Use the rail. I'm busy putting the eggs. Also, I'd rather "aggro" the bosses near the basket than revive you and start messing things up again". Anyway, I just checked and according to splatnet, I had at least 20+ eggs in all of my wins from 400 to 999, except for 1 game when I had 19. I like the improvement lol. I feel like I could've averaged 25 if not for those shifts that ended early (a few wave 1s when I only had 4 to 10 eggs). Still, I like the final result (am I good in egg running now? haha and it's Polaris) and, also the part where I won 6 straight from 880-999. My revives has been lower than usual. I'm still trying to balance them out when it comes to being a healer and sort of egg runner, but it's still over 3 against 0.6 deaths, so that's fine. I just want to mix things up, I guess. Plus it's not like, I'm dying 1.2 to 1.7 times on average or like having a ratio of 2:1 or 2:2. I don't like being "carried" by my teammates oops.

So yeah, another day/night playing Freelance with randoms. So this'll be, what? My 18th Freelance 999. Oh my, I did not realize I already have more than 10 ;) That reminds me. I heard there's supposed to be an event involving several "999" players? Are they gonna go play in groups or "snipe" each other's way on FL? Hmm. I've never seen or came across any of these people on FL today/earlier. Hmm... lol. (In before someone would post "FL999"). ST=fake Freelance lol. FL=random players. Stop manipulating it, just so you can play with "pro" players as well as your other friends while you can technically say that you play everything on freelance. Why don't you just choose "Friends" on the menu then create a lobby so they can join you? Same thing lol and much more convenient that way. See? You learned something new today! Also, stop trying to play Freelance and use ST or whatever (or play "Twinlance" secretly) so things would go on your way. Then later, flaunt it and say you've done everything on FL to make yourselves look like an awesome player. That's cheating omg, and I hate it. I love meeting these kind of people on FL though, and being on my team, more so when they start to panic, die and get exposed lol. Comedy gold for us (I let my gf and daughter see how they mess up haha). Pretty obvious that they got carried to 999. I still could not stop laughing to this day whenever I remember those times lol. Thank you :) Oh, and again. ST=fake freelance. ST=just like playing with "friends". Get it?

IMGMNDH.jpg

uYjPEeu.jpg

My "final" game before going to 999
rLa2G8y.jpg

I like what I did here. I didn't realize I've gotten more than 10 revives and at the same, got the highest egg out of the four. It wasn't 40+ but I'll take this, and a win :)
0QCFe9R.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm... Salmonid Smokeyard with two awesome "shooter" weapons and a powerful charger. Why not? Tbh, I thought this was one of those "easy" rotation for randoms (yes, I think of them, like, if they can "handle" the weapons whenever I play). I was off to a good start winning my first 8? I think. I didn't pay attention but I strung a couple of wins early on, it got a bit rough going from 600-800. A little bit because I couldn't get more than 3 straight wins without losing one or so wave 3. Oh yes, I have several wave 3 defeat omg. It was weird because they mostly came from playing with random Japanese people/usernames. Well, assuming that they're actually really Japanese. I just wanted to let this thing out: THEY SUCK. I'm not just talking about luring bosses. It was like a combination of killing these ******** from afar at the start of the match, not putting the eggs on the basket, dying and not using their special. 30+ eggs, 6 revives, 0 deaths.. what else do you want me to do? I wouldn't be surprised if I also gotten the highest boss kill. It was messy. They didn't know what boss to prioritize (depending on their weapon) or how to kill them properly. The E-Liter users didn't know how to snipe properly and needed two tries to kill a Steelhead. Omg. They're probably the same players who enjoys using E-Liter on Turf during early mornings and not to mention, extremely good at it. They cannot properly shoot a stationary boss with a big bomb coming out of their head. WTH. Also, to think most of them started at 19/20 quota. That's almost near HLM. On the other hand, I've gotten a lot of wins from English people/usernames. You see? I didn't expect too much from these people but it was more pleasant playing with them. They weren't really that good but at least they're doing the objective well. Anyway, it was okay going from 820-920+, but after that I got stuck going back and forth to 915-935/940 for maybe, 4 to 5 games. Again, this happened when I had those Japanese people as random teammates. We couldn't get the job done. They were a bunch of pretenders lol. Good thing, I was able to weather that and after going up to 960, I won 2 straight right away. One of them was HLM. Yes, I only had 1 HLM in total. It's supposed to be an easy to moderate rotation so I should have gotten more. Or maybe, I just played too early? haha. I'm not sure. I'm just happy to get my 19th "Freelance" 999 (if you haven't figured it out yet) on my favorite map. I'm actually counting the weapons that I've gotten to 999 so I'll add Splattershot Jr. to that (lol first time). There are 53 weapons including 4 Grizzco weapons on SR and I've gotten 41 of them now on FL. Yes, FL should be emphasized ;) I spam the "Freelance" option and "quit" after every match. That's how I play. I don't rely on ST or any other term that involves "lance" that doesn't look like legit "Freelance". They're lame lol.

qEUb2TW.jpg

ToxK650.jpg

Last game that ranked me up to 999.
vlgut9c.jpg

Only one HLM at 960 (GG to the Jap. players/randoms) :p
QEYLEbn.jpg

bWwwAPZ.jpg

This is a random video that happened on the same rotation. I just like how we were able to pull it through at the end. Wish I (or we) could've destroyed both Scrappers, but still, it resulted in a win so I guess there's nothing much to complain.

Last edited:
Back