• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Will this game be available for download?

19cookies

Bells
I've got the game pre ordered from Play Asia but if I can download it I'd rather do that so I don't have to waste time/money on shipping :)

You more than likely will be able to download it. 90% of Nintendo's games can be downloaded via the eShop, and I se no reason why this would be any different. Though I'd suggest not downloading it because the physical game comes with a free amiibo card, something you wont be able to get on the eShop (which is why this game might not come to the eShop because of the card, but I still see no reason why it wouldn't)

You more than likely will be able to download it. 90% of Nintendo's games can be downloaded via the eShop, and I se no reason why this would be any different. Though I'd suggest not downloading it because the physical game comes with a free amiibo card, something you wont be able to get on the eShop (which is why this game might not come to the eShop because of the card, but I still see no reason why it wouldn't)

Thanks! I want to be 100% sure before cancelling the preorder. Plus I'd rather spend an extra ?3 for a pack of cards and download the game than ?20 for postage and possible custom fees :p

Thanks! I want to be 100% sure before cancelling the preorder. Plus I'd rather spend an extra ?3 for a pack of cards and download the game than ?20 for postage and possible custom fees :p

Like I said, the game isn't confirmed to be downloadable, but I really don't see any reason why it wont.

I didn't even think about that, but it doesn't matter, I collect physical cartridges anyway, and also ordered with Play Asia for the doubutsu no mori version. With rush from Fed Ex, it should arrive by August 3- we'll see. I imagine since Splatoon, Smash and other games that are fairly heavy on amiibo support can be downloaded, you'll be able to download this one too.

Now that amiibo connectivity is confirmed not be required for this game, I assume the game has a high chance of going digital. You'd be missing out on the free card, but it IS just one card. The booster packs aren't too expensive either.

Back