• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Why is Raymond so loved?

Most popular villager now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i adore smugs, i adore cats, and i've adored his design since i saw the blurry photos long before the game came out. the heterochromia, blonde tuft of fur, black/gray color scheme, business cat aesthetic, and those adorable little fangs. I just managed to get him today from a very kind person and i love him already, i've been saving a maid outfit just for him lol

I think they may mean NMT, because he's going for as high as that at the moment. I haven't seen $1000 irl money listings but definitely $30 listings.
Yea I have definitely seen him go for 1k+ nmt. But I've also seen him go for 500-650ish surprisingly often, I think that perhaps the campsite method has increased the supply for him. Aka genuine players using that method to get him over and over instead of him mostly coming from actual cheaters messing with save files.

I'm curious if Judy's going price will go down as well, I have a mild interest in her but not for 400NMT. Buying Audie for 60nmt was already a bit much lol

I got Raymond and I by far love him as an islander.

He's stopped me to tell me I'm adorable in my outfit and gave me presents, he looks good in a lot of different clothes, his house looks really nice (I love his office layout a lot, I'm tempted to copy it). I love his look and I generally find Heterochromia to be my biggest bugbare with ANY form of characters (mostly OCs) but for some reason he pulls it off. Plus his little swish of hair is cute.

Also 500NMT is usually the lowest end of the buying prices. There's a popular image which shows someone bought him for $1000 on ebay, ebay has prices ranging from $40 to $200 for him to move in (As a "move in package" they'll throw in free items) and on Nookazon he usually can be found for ridiculous amounts of IGB (like 100,000,000) and NMT (1000+), I even saw someone selling him via auction who had an offer of 1,500 NMT and had been offered $50 for him.

Ehem you were saying 1587848162231.png

I'm planning to try out the campsite method later today, tbh. It's obviously better than spending irl money.
And spending a bunch of NMTs as well! Just know that it’ll be somewhat time consuming but you’ll get him eventually ^-^

Also adding on, he’s probably popular due to some rooted gay fetishism but nobody wants to talk about that subject tho >•> Or probably because he gives off a “bishounen-vibes”.

Yea I have definitely seen him go for 1k+ nmt. But I've also seen him go for 500-650ish surprisingly often, I think that perhaps the campsite method has increased the supply for him. Aka genuine players using that method to get him over and over instead of him mostly coming from actual cheaters messing with save files.

I'm curious if Judy's going price will go down as well, I have a mild interest in her but not for 400NMT. Buying Audie for 60nmt was already a bit much lol

Yes, I was actually shocked to see a $30 listing for him because compared to some of the other listings that was, unfortunately, quite cheap. I do think that with the high prices people are opting for other methods and increasing the supply, which is good imo.

And I also hope Judy's price will go down as well. I got her as a move in and posted about it elsewhere and immediately got people in my messages offering me 600 NMT for her. I could not, in good conscience, take that much lol. It's insane what they're all going for, not just Raymond.

600? thats the cheap price I was lucky enough get him for he goes for MUCH higher,,

As someone who has him, I like him cause I think he's super cute! He's so sweet he always likes my gifts and always says my outfits look nice haha! But i think the reason people love him a lot cause the internet has a thing for catboys and he just happens to meet the "catboy" aesthetic people just love so much

600? thats the cheap price I was lucky enough get him for he goes for MUCH higher,,

As someone who has him, I like him cause I think he's super cute! He's so sweet he always likes my gifts and always says my outfits look nice haha! But i think the reason people love him a lot cause the internet has a thing for catboys and he just happens to meet the "catboy" aesthetic people just love so much
Okay then, now tell me how Bob is less cuter than Raymond and less popular (yes IK there are amibos for bob and not for Raymond)

Okay then, now tell me how Bob is less cuter than Raymond and less popular (yes IK there are amibos for bob and not for Raymond)
No one can answer that question, at the end of the day people have tastes, and sometimes it just happens that a lot of people explode with that same taste

Perhaps in the future, Bob is the new Raymond, it's not exactly a matter of being cute or not cute sometimes, trends do also exist and what may seem beautiful today it will be boring tomorrow

And spending a bunch of NMTs as well! Just know that it’ll be somewhat time consuming but you’ll get him eventually ^-^

Also adding on, he’s probably popular due to some rooted gay fetishism but nobody wants to talk about that subject tho >•> Or probably because he gives off a “bishounen-vibes”.

Of course! ^^ I'm hoping the campsite works just because the amount of NMTs possibly needed...I don't want to think about it LOL.

And yeah, I definitely got the sense that certain groups of people are fetishizing him...

Post automatically merged:

I did not see that, omg, that's insane?? I think that even went up from the last time I checked, because last I saw he was at $350 max. I seriously hope people are rational enough not to buy into that, he's just not worth it (and that's coming from someone who wants him!).

Oh no Bob is super popular and I think he's cute but like Raymond is in a suit, has glasses, and heterochromia and people eat that up like turkey at thanksgiving.

I actually want to get raymond just to get rich off people who spend a thousand NMT for him, I'm literally gonna start repeatedly kicking marshal until I feel shame (revenge for him leaving my NL town)

Then you become the people that feed of what you said didn't make sense (?)

No offense here

Oh no Bob is super popular and I think he's cute but like Raymond is in a suit, has glasses, and heterochromia and people eat that up like turkey at thanksgiving.
And bob is a cute lazy villager with a blossom shirt, eyes that just show he's a lazy cat at heart (insert another random cute thing about bob, in this case everything)

I think it largely has to do with the fact he has no amiibo (atm). That and he is kind of seen as a 'pretty boy' like Marshal. People also just love the cat villagers. Tbh I don't really care for him (or Sherb? He just looks generic to me and Kidd is already a blue goat) But people like what they like.

And bob is a cute lazy villager with a blossom shirt, eyes that just show he's a lazy cat at heart (insert another random cute thing about bob, in this case everything)
none of those traits are common in anime bishonen, unlike raymond's outfit and personality. he is just the perfect recipe for a gijinka.
I feel kinda bad about my signature picture now LOL. it's just a joke guys my love for raymond is 100% pure and platonic I promise ;_;

Back