will.

poke it out
Bells
Yellow Star Fragment
の
Star Glow Wand
の
Yellow Feather
im prone to leave the game for several months once it becomes boring and then pick it up again when i'm ready and then i come on here and see everyone playing it all the time and... what keeps everyone coming back to the game? what's the best thing about it that makes it not so boring? just wanting opinions lol :')

I have definitely left my town for months at a time, but I usually play everyday consistently for a very long time before that happens. The reason for me being able to play daily is the progression. Everyday, I get a little bit done so it feels productive. The next day, the fruits of my labour usually are more obvious, for example if I did a bit of landscaping the day before, then all of a sudden I can see they've grown and my town changes and it's exciting for me! Or if I told Tom Nook to upgrade a room, suddenly it's bigger and I can decorate it accordingly. I love seeing my town change over time through the work I put into it every day. Some days are more productive, and there days, I'm just in town to dig up things and do some minimal upkeep. Being a part of this community also helps keep it relevant and fun! Being able to sell villagers or just help other mayors with things really keeps the game exciting and new for me.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the way you play it. If you require long breaks in between then to prevent yourself from burning out, then that's fine! Burning out is never fun, and that's why sometimes, I disappear from my town and just let Isabelle handle things lol. But I always come back after a while, and then it feels like seeing an old friend after a very long time and realising how much I missed that friend and wanted to spend every second with them all over again. :)

Hehe ^_^

I've played the game every day for about a year and a half now and I've never gotten bored. Animal Crossing is my stress relief. I like to sit down at the end of a long day and relax with my favorite animal villagers. I also took things really slow as far as development of my town was concerned. I wasn't in a hurry to open things up or expand my house or landscape. I let everything happen naturally at my own pace. I'd plant a few trees one day, pay off a loan the next day, and so on. I never did more than I felt like doing in a day, but I always had plenty that I wanted to do.

Now that I've finally finished building up my town and all I have left is mainly completing badges, I am starting to feel ready to move on, but not away from Animal Crossing. I have so many ideas for new towns, so I'm looking forward to starting a second town and pouring all my creative energy into that town the same way I did my first town. But I'll never abandon my first town. I still want to finish getting all the gold badges and hang out with my villagers and enjoy the progress I made, so even after I have a second town I'll still check in on my first town regularly if not daily.

Being able to get extra items I want on here to customize my town and house really helps. I just got off a three month break from playing every day but I put the game on ?beautiful town? ordinance so I didn?t lose my hybrid flowers.
Lately the want of hybrid flowers will motivate me because I have to water flowers every day and then I?ll go on the next day and find more. I also got my favorite villagers and don?t want them taking off of me.
It?s nice because when you take breaks from this game villagers don?t move away as often.

I started playing Animal Crossing because it was fun to have another life and make friends in this adorable little village. I looked forward to it every day. I stopped playing for awhile when life got hectic but ultimately I returned for the nostalgia, because the days when I played regularly were some of the best days of my life and I want to reconnect to that. It's like...a part of myself that I want to hold onto.

i returned for the nostalgia. when i was younger i'd play and i have so many happy memories from that. my original town Maple meant a lot to me lol. i started a new town eventually and i mostly play because i love to customize and build a town. i like it to look a particular way. the villagers make me feel supported, im going through a rough time concerning friendships right now. so talking to them always ends up making my day. every few months i take a break and then i end up returning to this game, it will always put a smile on my face.

I’m on a break right now because I’m playing other games on the switch. But usually I return when I have an idea for a room to design, since the landscape of both of my towns are pretty much complete and there’s only rooms left to do. My WiFi hasn’t been working very well on my 3ds so I can no longer do trades and town visits with friends... which was one of my favourite parts of the game :< that’s definitely one of the reasons why I have taken a break and have sorta lost motivation. Sometimes I’ll return for nostalgia and stay for the relaxing gameplay which made me fall in love with the game in the first place!

It brings back good memories and I feel like there is always something to do.
I can always look forward to what the game produces next. :)

it's a good way for me to escape reality sometimes. i just love meeting cute villagers and taking care of my town.. it makes me happy!

I did stop for about 3 months because I couldn't find the time to really play it, but honestly I'm happy I've been able to pick it back up. The game is sort of something to help me with my depression as I've been having a hard time with it recently due to events going on in my life currently (not gonna get into it), and it honestly gives me something to look forward to sometimes like, getting my characters rooms in order has been such a proud moment for me and has been giving me a reason to try to play and it gives me something to look forward to when I can't find the motivation for anything else like working on stuff to sell.
The game helped me when I first started playing too, as much as things can suck, animal crossing gives me a deep reason to come back to it, and I'm so excited for when the switch version comes out.

The reason why I play Animal Crossing is because Animal Crossing is a fun game to play. I currently don't play it at the moment due to other activities that keep me occupied. What keeps me coming back to the game is how much fun I had progressing with my town. It was always nice to see how I envision where I wanted to place things in my town while I was playing the game. Sometimes I got frustrated while doing so; however, I think it was worth it in the end. My ideas for the town at the moment is at a blank and I really don't want to force myself to get it done. My favorite part of designing my town is decorating the houses for my mayor characters and the alts. It's less frustrating than landscaping the town. Sometimes I have to demolish PWPs I had built then rebuild them back up when I want it back.

I play Animal Crossing because its so comforting, fun, and a stress reliever! I have had the games since I was younger and something about doing tasks for my villagers, paying off loans or projects, and buying things for my house and character has just been addictive to say the least. I always play ACNL and I may take a few days or a week off but I always come back because its fun. If it ever becomes a chore and isn't fun I wont play it but until then I will keep checking in everyday!

Exactly what @/Mr_Keroppi said. It's a really good stress reliever at times. Also I played AC a lot back in the day, so I also tend to play it for nostalgia-based reasons.

New Leaf is my go-to atm, predominantly for the nostalgia but it's also just super relaxing and helps me unwind. I also like the fact that my brain doesn't need to be super switched on like for the likes of fps games - I can just sort of mindlessly catch bugs, plant flowers or redecorate my house :]

Back