Why do people want certain villagers?

whyamiffab

Bells
im a complete noob and i dnt know why but does ech villager benefit the town a certain way and thats why people want them? also these are my villagers Nibbles, antonio, Miranda, Benjamin, Ricky and hans is moving in. are they good villagers to have?

im a complete noob and i dnt know why but does ech villager benefit the town a certain way and thats why people want them? also these are my villagers Nibbles, antonio, Miranda, Benjamin, Ricky and hans is moving in. are they good villagers to have?

Villagers don't really have an affect in the town other than what their personality suggests for PWPs. Most people choose villagers they want because they like how they look~ I'd say choose your own villagers. Some people might not like those villagers you listed, but if you do that's enough. c:

Some for looks, sometimes they had them in other games. Certain personalities give you certain PWP's so that's another reason.

Different personalities can suggest different PWP projects.
As for people wanting certain villagers it's mostly how they look. Some villages are just more visually appealing to different people.
Any villager is good to have as long as you like them. What other people like shouldn't decide who you have in your town. ^^

For me it's just because I think the villager is cute. Also, I'm trying to get 1 villager of each personality, so that helps decide too.

For me, I wanted Aurora, Roald, Friga, and Hopper just because I love penguins. Then I wanted Punchy, Hamlet, Peanut, and Fauna because they were cute. Fuchsia hangs around because she's kinda cute too and she grew on me. And finally I have Julian for the same reason most others want him - he's a friggin' unicorn!

Personally for me its a combination of nostalgia and experiences from previous games.. and looks

Some people also go for "themed" towns -- all-rabbit, all-wolf, carnival theme, whathaveyou. One of the more important things I've learned is that, regardless of how "hideous" looking a villager is, as long as you spend time with them and make an effort to do errands and make friends with them, chances are they'll grow on you in no time.

Meh, there are certain villagers that i like. Personality wise and appearance.
For example Chrissy is my wife, Walker is my bro

It's all personal preferences. For me, certain villagers like Caroline are just the cutest thing ever and I love their personality. Other ones like Lucy and Rosie are ones from other towns and having them brings back lots of happy nostalgic feelings.

Half of mine are for looks, while the other half are for nostalgia.

Molly, Drago, Fuchsia, and Julian are from looks
Pierce, Elvis, Whitney, Savannah, Aurora, and Cookie are from nostalgia

It's all in our heads, for the most part. There isn't any difference between the game mechanics of Wart Jr. vs. Chief, Rocket and Muffy will both give you medicine for your bee stings. But we string together the random stories they are programed to tell, things they are programed to do and the things we come up with on our own and end up sentimental about certain characters.

Then, there's just plain having certain character designs that appeal to us. Most of the popular ones are good looking in a kind of mainstream way but even the less well liked ones will have somebody saying "You know what? I don't care what people say. Unibrowed squirrels are AWESOME." or something

For me, it's all about looks. If they're new, I chose them for their looks. If they're old, I liked how they looked in the older games. It may sound shallow, but eh. If I'm going to have the same dialog no matter who lives in my town, I may as well choose who looks good. In real life, personality trumps looks. In Animal Crossing, looks trump personality.

For me, my dreamies are about if I had them in past games or not. Whitney, Wolfgang, Rod, Bree, and Margie I had in one of my towns at one point and loved. The others I find really cute >w<!
I wanted Beau from the beginning, I saw a picture of him and was like I need him in my town, Marshal was the same. Midge is just a pure cutie pie.

The honest answer:

My starter villagers were crap... AND all the random villager's I get are crap... AND all my campsite villagers are crap. So give it up for me, but I want villagers that aren't ugly and fat and extremely small (points a finger at the ducks and birds). But in all seriousness I don't want all those popular villagers either.

Most people go for cute villagers or villagers with good looks, or their type (cats are popular, dogs are popular, cub bears are popular i.e. cute) or sometimes on occasions, their personality which is why everyone adores wittle marshal the smug. Though I really like pigs because they are mostly normal types, which suits me.

For me it's because I think they are cute.

For me, visual appeal and nostalgia. :) I tend to be a little too anal retentive though, there's some villagers I'd like such as Kyle and Static, but I refuse to have them because their house exteriors are really ugly lol

I was so happy when I got Savannah as one of my first villagers. She was the same character I had when I first started Wide World. I would be sad if she moved lol. I want to get all the cute villagers as well. I can't wait until this mouse moves! The little creep put his house right in front of mine! Lol.

Back