• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Who's playing on a regular 3DS

I am getting the XL because I've compared the two and I think the XL is better.

But if you don't have the money don't bother. It's fine, really.

I'm playing on the regular and I like it better the 3DS doesn't have any anti-aliasing so there is more jagged edges on the larger screen.

I have a aqua blue 3DS, the first that was released, but I would love to get a XL. Unfortunately I'm only 13, meaning I only have about ?55, -animal crossing and guide, to my name at the moment, and my mum would frown upon me at such "a waste of money when I already have a perfectly good 3DS" Some people just don't understand. :(

They almost look the same. I have a 3DS and XL, and I can't tell the difference except it's a little more clear on the original 3DS.

Either way, looks amazing.

Oh, don't worry, it looks fine! If you'd like to see for yourself what it looks like, here is a video of Animal Crossing being played on a regular 3DS.

I'm playing on a normal 3DS. The AC XL looks cool, but I have no desire to upgrade.

Agreed. AC:NL plays just fine to me. The XL seems a bit bulky to me in general, and the gameplay's no different for New Leaf.
I WISH Nintendo had kept the DSi or DSLite sized screens for the 3DS but it's not a perfect world )':

I have a regular 3DS that I share with my brothers. I'm sure it'll be fine playing it on there. It's the same as when I played Wild World on the DS.
....For three straight years.....
xD

I've played and I have the original. Totally fine. I haven't seen the XL pictures though.

Back