• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Whomst here speaks French.

I can understand some because I took French in middle school and continued it in high school (regrettably), in total about 7 years. I wish I had chosen Spanish instead. Or Korean so I could just cheese my language requirement. I'm not that interested in French culture and I doubt I'll ever go to France. My dad is fluent though because he went to a French high school, so sometimes I'll hear french tv shows in the background but that's about it for french stuff in my life lmao.

1. How long have you been speaking it, how old were you?

Je parle fran?ais depuis trois ans, sans parler de mon age parceque de la vie priv?e.

2. Why did you learn?

Parceque J'aime le d?fi . Je pense fran?ais est tr?s bon pour apprendre si tu parles anglais

3. Do you think it will be useful ever in your lifetime?

Oui, je pr?vois de visite la France.

Last edited:
Hey your french is like, super good! Nice conjugation too, I know how tedious is can be in French... even I can't conjugate verbs correctly.

Thank you that means a lot. ;.; I really studied verb conjugations hard so I?m glad that?s paying off!

I used to had French classes in my school, but to be honest, except for maybe like a few words, I'm not
able to talk or to understand anything in French without having the help of an translater. I only decided
to choose French classes back then because the other classes weren't really my thing, besides I thought
it would be easy to learn it, but honestly, I had so much trouble to understand something. Looking back,
it was definitely easier for me to learn English.

I’m considered bilingual, though I’m not 100% confident in my spoken French. I took French Immersion throughout grade 1-12 and continued it in university. No matter where I look for careers it’s a huge asset to have in Atlantic Canada. I’m thankful I got to grow up learning it :)

I am French and I can speak it fluently !
Although I mainly speak English, now.

1) Depuis 2014? J'avias 9 ans.
2) Je pense que c'est beau.
3) Oui, je prevois d'y vivre.

Forgive me if I messed up. I'm not too confident in my skills, lol.

I wish I could, French is a really beautiful language. I've always been fond of classical french music even if I can't understand it. La Vie en Rose in particular is really special to me, I always kinda start crying whenever I listen to the original by Edith Piaf. :,)

I hate how in french there are formal and informal ways of saying Hello, Bye, you etc.

Back