• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

which of these games should I get next?

which one?

• Luigi's Mansion 3

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Mario Party Superstars

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Pokemon Brilliant Diamond

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
White Rose
I have three Switch games on my wish list right now:

• Luigi's Mansion 3
• Mario Party Superstars
• Pokemon Brilliant Diamond

problem is I can only afford to get one at a time, so I have to make a choice of one between them and wait til later for the other two. I've been trying to decide for about 2 weeks now and just when I think I've got it narrowed down to one I change my mind. here are my thoughts to consider:

• I've played both Luigi's Mansion games and I really enjoyed both (despite the second game being more linear), and when the third game was released in 2019 one of my friends got it and he loved it. he says it's a lot like the OG which I like. I haven't seen much of the game because I want to keep spoilers minimal but from what i have seen it looks awesome.
• Mario Party 1 is probably one of my favorite games of all time and since this game includes content from all 3 original N64 games I'm super excited for it. I would like to know if it includes any extra modes (like the duel/buddy mode from MP3 and possibly a new minigame island) and how many minigames return but other than that im pretty much sold on it now.
• I've been wanting to play a new Pokemon game for a while, but I really don't like SwSh because the plot seems lame and badly paced, the national dex isn't present (yes, the Nat Dex is a deal breaker for me bc I love collecting pokemon), and one of my most favorite Pokemon (Absol) is locked behind paid DLC meaning I would have to use eggs to shiny hunt for it (which I would rather not do). I'm still a little iffy on the DP remakes because I don't know if they include the national dex but if the content that is given is promising enough then I might just get it. (also as of right now I have no interest in getting Legends Arceus.)

so basically it's mainly a tie between LM3 and MP Superstars. I'm still on the edge about Brilliant Diamond though I do really want it since I crave a Pokemon switch experience beyond Lets Go.

what do you guys think? which one should I go for? what are your opinions on these games?
(poll will close 2 weeks from today so help me decide now!)

Luigi's Mansion 3!
The graphics are clean and beautiful and plus it's October so it's the prefect time for a "spooky" game. If you have someone to play co-op with then it's even more fun. (though it's still great in single player too!)

I would go for Brilliant Diamond tbh, but I’m biased. Never really cared for the Luigi’s Mansion games aside from the first one, and not interested in Mario Party Superstars either.

I'd go for Pokemon or Luigi's Mansion. It might be just me but Mario Party is only fun with friends and I don't play with friends often enough to warrant buying it.

Luigi's Mansion 3 is fun both with the story and online. Though it feels like a seasonal game so I really only crack it open around October. Mario Party Superstars looks like a lot of fun so I voted for that one. Mario Party games always have lots of replay value. I really would suggest not getting Brilliant Diamond. It's just very visually unappealing and usually the longevity of remakes/remasters of the older Pokemon games is pretty short lived. I see no one really talking about Omega Ruby or Let's Go! anymore. My only interest in it is if they bring back Mega Evolutions.

usually the longevity of remakes/remasters of the older Pokemon games is pretty short lived. I see no one really talking about Omega Ruby or Let's Go! anymore.
tbh though Omega Ruby is currently my favorite Pokemon game, not only because it's a remake of RSE (my favorite gen/region) but it also includes all Pokemon up to gen 6. if the DP remakes cut Pokemon like SwSh did then I'm gonna pass.

Go for Pokémon Brilliant Diamond. Mario Party gets a bit repetitive if I’m being honest. Luigi’s Mansion isn’t a terrible choice, but my completely biased opinion is making me lean towards Pokémon. I’m sure you’ll have fun with it!

tbh though Omega Ruby is currently my favorite Pokemon game, not only because it's a remake of RSE (my favorite gen/region) but it also includes all Pokemon up to gen 6. if the DP remakes cut Pokemon like SwSh did then I'm gonna pass.
Here's what has been confirmed so far
so its looking like the dex cut is here to stay sadly

Tough choices between those two. I have Luigi's Mansion 3 and it's such a good game. I haven't beaten it yet, but love the environments, the level design, puzzles and bosses.

I pre-ordered Mario Party Superstars, and the multiplayer value is very high. Plus if there's more game events on TBT, you know? 👀 (I won't host, don't come for me) It depends what you want as a player.

Do you want puzzles and spooky goofy bosses or hone your craft to be a killer in MPS? Decisions..🤔

The only game I have played on the list is Luigi's Mansion 3. It is a well-made game, but I went into it with really high expectations and came away a bit disappointed. It looks great and I loved seeing the different environments, but I thought the gameplay was kind of shallow and not as fun as I imagined. That said, if you are a fan of the series and know what to expect going in, you will likely enjoy it more than I did.

Here's what has been confirmed so far
so its looking like the dex cut is here to stay sadly
I was going to comment on how they probably were just copying the dex from the originals but then saw that it wasn't confirmed if Eevee was in the game. Like whaaaaat! How could there be no Leafeon and Glaceon???
Guess we'll see how it turns out when it's released.
Post automatically merged:

ORAS is my favourite Pokemon game as well! I thought they did an excellent job remaking gen 3 and adding new things to keep it fresh. Hopefully it's the same with these gen 4 remakes but despite what I said earlier, maybe just wait for research to be posted online to make your final choice. That way you know exactly what you're getting into.

LM3 was an awesome game. Great story, creative enemies/bosses, looks fantastic. Much like the predecessor, the online is great ONLY if you get a team who knows what they're doing. Also if I remember correctly, there's achievements (which I always appreciate) so if you're a completionist you'll get your moneys worth out of both on and offline play.
Best reason to choose this? The longer you wait to play this game, the less people there are going to be in the lobby for online play.

Mario Party Superstars is also amazing. The updated boards/games look fantastic, and as you'd expect (although I haven't seen them all yet) the mini games they've chosen are the cream of the crop. Remember an awesome mini game from Mario Partys past? It's probably in here. Online play is also a hugely welcome addition.
Best reason to choose this? The online lobbies are jam packed right now.

Brilliant Diamond....I would wait on this. In the past I would pick up new Pokemon games immediately, but Sw/Sh came along and part of Pokemon died for me. The removal of Pokes from the games moving forward was an expected loss, but the removal of moves was unforgivable.
As it was mentioned above, the Dex cut and Moves cut have clearly remained, so I will probably never again recommend a Pokemon game without seeing a crop of reviews first.

I own both Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Mario Party. It honestly depends on what you’re into right now. MP is definitely a more casual kind of game. If you’re like me, you’ll play a few sessions (online maybe w randos) and get bored until you feel like playing some again. Luigi is more in depth, but not as long term as MP. However, Luigi did have online multiplayer.

I’d personally go for Luigi’s Mansion 3 but if you’re into something more long term, that you can play w friends (online or local), go for MP.
Post automatically merged:

Also, and as for DP remakes, I’m honestly gonna say no but only because they look awful visually lol. I’m not a big fan of that gen, bc the Dex is not really good but also - if you’re into storyline (which tbf, has never been Pokemon’s strongest asset) - Sw/Sh has a better storyline than DP, imo.

I forgot to mention here but I ended up buying Mario Party Superstars yesterday! only two days in and i couldnt resist lol. it's been fantastic so far!

thanks to everyone who voted! I think my next game will be LM3!👻👻

Nice! I'm sure Mario Party is great. But I do agree with the others - whenever you're ready for a new game, do check out Luigi's Mansion 3. I haven't played the first 2 games, but it's fantastic and a lot of fun. The developers did very creative things with it!

Back