• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What's Your Favorite Animal Crossing Game?

Favorite Animal Crossing Game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its a hard decision to make. There are strengths to each game. PG's atmosphere and music and dialogue is incredibly unique and charming. WW has the best villager interactions and systems in the franchise. NL has a good balance between player expression and town life. NH just lets you go crazy with customization at the expense of the villager dialogue and systems.

They're all great.

CF? NOT YOU

I never played NL but so many people seem to love it it makes me wonder whether I should buy a copy. Do you think it would be worth it after playing NH?

ACNL and ACNH are very different. I love both of them. You have people who feel like NL is better, but I've always felt like they were just to different to view one as better than the other - if that makes sense. NL is a little more grindy, I think. But there's a lot to do that makes playing pretty fun. All in all, I'd say YES. It's def worth it to buy a copy and play it on the 3ds if you have the system. You can love/enjoy both games. =D
Post automatically merged:

Its a hard decision to make. There are strengths to each game. PG's atmosphere and music and dialogue is incredibly unique and charming. WW has the best villager interactions and systems in the franchise. NL has a good balance between player expression and town life. NH just lets you go crazy with customization at the expense of the villager dialogue and systems.

They're all great.

CF? NOT YOU

To be honest it makes no sense to me. Why does it have to be at the expense of villager dialogue and games? Like, they could add that stuff back in so easily and ACNH would be a REALLY strong game, I think

i love new leaf so much but i had to say new horizons solely for the fact that you can put furniture outside... terraforming might feel too "out there" for an animal crossing game but i just like that it's all optional and you can play it any way you want!

Played all except the Gamecube game and New Horizons is definitely my favourite.

New Leaf seems to be a fan favourite and while I liked it it’s definitely not my fave. The lack of outdoor customizing really hurts it for me and the fact that villagers can just randomly move out on you is the worst. I’ve been playing since the Wild World days and I’m so glad villagers always ask you to move out now.

Despite lacking several features New Horizons has definitely been my fave as it has the most options when customizing which has made having a themed island a blast. If it ends up getting a major update at some point to fix a bunch of its issues, then it will be miles ahead of the other games in my opinion. Right now it’s only ahead by a little bit due to its shortcomings.

Although New Horizons is missing a lot of features from previous games (that I still hope they'll give us at some point!), I have to say it's my favourite so far. It's missing a lot, but they also added a lot, with the terraforming and outdoor furniture options, the ability to move villager homes wherever you want - as someone who's really into the customization aspect of these games, those features alone I think have made me put way more hours in the year NH has been out than I did in the time I played the other games.

What did you vote for? What would you have definitely not voted for? What makes this game your favorite? Is there a feature that is in this game that you wish wasn't in it? Is there a feature in another game that you wish was in it? What's your favorite feature in the game? What's your least favorite feature in this game? Is there a feature in this game that makes this game unique? When did you start playing this game? Was/is this your first Animal Crossing game?

Animal crossing: new horizons was and is to this day my favourite, but new leaf was my first introduction to crossing and has a special place in my heart tbh. I love both games but can't help but love the latest introduction being my favourite, by a hair.

ACWW has always been my favourite just due to the memories and nostalgia I have associated with the game. It also has my favourite AC soundtrack which I still enjoy listening to c:
Although I wouldn’t replay the game now (it’s amazing how old those games look compared to ACNH) it was my introduction to AC and will always be #1 in my eyes!

my favorite is new leaf even though i don’t play it anymore. i don’t really play it anymore because once i started playing new horizons, i feel like i couldn’t go back. The graphics are horrible (but i i expect that from a 2012 3DS game) and compared to new horizons there’s less to do. But new leaf is my favorite because it’s nostalgic to me. i love new horizons but i have so many memories of new leaf, i know i will make lots of memories with nh but i began playing new leaf as a young child and it reminds me of all the happy times i made when i was younger. i also like it because of froggy chair.

Last edited:
I'd say New Leaf is my favorite, but the one for GameCube is a close second. I've played those two the longest and they just seem like the best games to me. New Leaf made up a decent chunk of my life for a few years and playing the GameCube one really just feels like you're living a second life to me.

My favorite Animal Crossing game is still Animal Crossing: New Leaf. There's so much about it that still makes it more appealing than the rest of the series:

- A major factor for me is the layout of the homes. The room sizes are all really well sized and fit plenty, something I cannot say for the rooms in New Horizons. I also prefer the customization options for the exteriors of the homes available in this game.

- Main Street adds some life to the town with its various shops and the NPCs who operate them, there's a ton of furniture and the series standard furniture sets are all still there, there's a bunch of nice clothes.

- Club Tortimer offers plenty to do between catching beetles and sharks or playing the mini-game tours, and to be honest I prefer the wet suit colors present in New Leaf.

- Perfect fruits are cool and that the perfect fruit trees can die after being harvested a set number of times is a nice touch that can even add a nice layer of atmosphere to your town if you so desire (which is perfect for my main, horror-themed town).

- You can set appointments to visit your villagers' homes and buy items from their home if you don't like how it makes their house look.

- You can play two other minigames, Puzzle League and Desert Island Escape, on the in-game 3DS and Wii U items respectively, a sort of feature that the Switch in New Horizons lacks.

- Working for Brewster at The Roost café was fun and even rewarded you with, among other things, a special line of gyroids, another aspect of Animal Crossing games that I like.

- Golden Tools are actually worth the effort to obtain since they don't break.

- Even the darn tree stumps had care put into them; cutting down a tree with a silver axe had a good chance of causing the remaining tree stump to have a special pattern like a Triforce, a heart, a flower, a musical note, or even other things.

- Oh, and we can't forget Reese and Cyrus over at Re-Tail, especially Cyrus since he could customize lots of furniture and can even make special things for you like miniature models of complete fossils you brought to him or music boxes made out of giant clams.

---

New Horizons has its own benefits, like the long overdue ability to choose skin color, the ability to destroy rocks if you want or need to so they can spawn somewhere else on the island instead, being able to decorate the island itself. It's a good game, but to me it feels comparatively barren and less interesting. It gets second place.

---

I almost wanted to rate the GameCube game second because of the villager dialogue and certain aspects that didn't return, like bebebese, morning aerobics, Farley the gnome, and the Sports Fair. Nostalgia's playing a part here, but I ranked it below New Horizons because of modern conveniences and the increased inclusivity. I will say, though, that I find the town and the world of the GameCube game more interesting than that found on New Horizon's island.

Last edited:
I voted for New Horizons. I hated Pocket Camp. Animal Crossing doesn’t seem like a game meant for a mobile device. I also don’t like the spin-off games, Happy Home Design and Amiibo Festival. The main series games are much better.

It's tough to choose just one favorite AC game! The original brings back a lot of memories, but the newest one brings the terraforming which changes everything.

There’s nothing quite like the GameCube, that soft comfy blanket called nostalgia tyvm

Tough pick between Wild World and New Leaf for me! I would love to play the OG AC as well but I don't have a Gamecube so I doubt that will be happening any time soon. I have played every game from Wild World onwards though.

Wild World was my first Animal Crossing game and boy did I love it! I remember working a shift at Nook's, making star constellations, having long and engaging conversations with my villagers, enjoying the silly little events (Acorn festival was one of my favourites), going to each villager house for the flea market, unlocking the shop upgrades, the best looking house exteriors in the series (IMO) etc- the list goes on. It was my favourite game as a kid on my DSI. CF was very similar, I only played it on a friends console semi-regularly but I found that it did not hold the same charm. The wii remotes were really frustrating with it and it wasn't worth a lot of time given how similar it was to WW.

Then came New Leaf, the villagers were a little less interesting in dialogue but the new features were extremely exciting! I loved being a mayor of my own town and using ordinances, working hard to unlock PWP's, working shifts at Brewster's, unlocking Mainstreet upgrades, spending countless hours playing at Tortimers island + mini-games with friends, playing hide n seek, swimming, the expanded catalogue plus new villagers etc. It was the best game for playing with friends both local and online imo and had a great balance of things- it wasn't purely designed for those who loved customisation like NH is, but was also designed to enjoy the relaxing, day-to-day relational aspect of ac as well. There was so much more to do in comparison to Wild World and I loved every minute of it. I would argue that New Leaf has just as many features and detail, if not more than New Horizons. As someone mentioned above, thought was put into everything- even tree stumps and appointments for villager visits!

I still play both New leaf and Wild World to this day, they are great games with a lot to offer. Wild World has a charm that I haven't found in Animal Crossing since and is very relaxing, New Leaf is just loads of fun and I have grown very attached to my town over the years.

As for New Horizons, I like it, I enjoy it and I think that some of the new features are just fantastic- BUT, I wish that it wasn't solely focused on customisation, that has never been my thing. If I wanted a game full of customisation I would be playing Minecraft or something of that description, I feel a lot of pressure to mark my style all over my island as that is its purpose- to look good. Without any chores for villagers, lacking dialogue, items, mini-games, expansive shops with working options etc... there just isn't much to do in the way of relaxing, daily activity. I don't get the same charm from it I do from the older games. I still play it but I take big breaks. I play maybe 5-10 sessions over the course of a week (all maybe an hour each) and then stop playing for a couple of months. However, I have much less time on my hands these days than I did when WW and NL were released so perhaps when I have more time next year I might properly get into the game and love it the way that others do. For now, my vote goes to New Leaf for being a wonderful balance of content and charm, I love this game to death.

I haven't addressed PC or HHD as I do not consider them part of the main series but I will say this- I still enjoy both and think that they are great for what they are despite the criticism. Amiibo Festival though? Nope.

Last edited:
This was a tough pick. I like NL, HHD and NH. I voted HHD just because I had so much fun decorating and still may eventually go back to playing it. I did wish the requests were more challenging but at the same time I had fun making whatever I wanted. I just loved all the furniture options.

NL and NH have their own charms and were memorable to me in different and many ways (unfortunately my memory about NL is not there anymore, but I know I enjoyed it). I never had a chance to hang out with anyone in NL but I did trade. In NH, I’ve been having a blast hanging out with people and I still trade :). Decorating outside is great but i am out of ideas; I have run out of inspiration with the current selection of furniture. Nl had such wonderful furniture and clothing and we could customize items with clothing (i think with qr code designs as well). But we couldn’t decorate outside. But we had the museum extra rooms to decorate which was fun. I definitely enjoying interacting with my villagers more in NL. I love being able to buy items from them in their house and them visiting my house and commenting on my decorations.

Back