What's the story behind your town name?

Digimon Adventure.

Best anime.

Go watch it.

That's basically where my town name originated from.

Last edited:
I remember when I first played WW, I named my town D'ni after the Myst books because I was reading The Book of Ti'ana at the time. My current town is Balamb from FFVIII. I would have preferred Daguerreo from FFIX, but too many characters. ><

The character limit is totally lame. I actually wanted to name my town Wintergreen but had to go with Blanket (which I ended up coming to love anyway) because it wouldn't fit & I was trying to come up with a wintery-themed name.

My town is Racetown. I couldn't really think of a name, but I love racing, and now that I've used that name for a year it's really catchy.

When I started CF I didn't have a name in mind for the my town, so I thought "It's my town so I'll name it My Town!" And it worked out really well! So I decided to keep up the theme in NL by naming it 'Our Town'. :p

Well honestly...I was eating a cupcake at the time of my reset. So it became Cupcake lol but before that...it was Brantley...because I love Brantley Gilbert. lol

Starfall. I want my town to be modern and futuristic (Star) yet elegant and beautiful and the same time (Fall).

Mines called New York. I don't know what i was thinking.

this made me laugh idk
-

My town's name is Rimn.
It doesn't really have a special meaning to it i just thought it was unique and pretty tbh.
But it is somewhat inspired by this character i like named "Rin" (or at least i like to tell myself that)

Well, it's a little complicated.

My first town is named Zion (meaning Paradise.) and my second one is named Ruin (which is obvious.)

The sotry is this: Zion takes place 200 years before Ruin, but they are the same towns (just at different points in time.) Zion was considered a paradise, but it changed when a zombie outbreak happened, causing the town to become almost abandoned except for two little puppies (Isabelle and Digby)Together they worked to make the town in the same condition is was before and it almost works. When animals start moving in, Tom Nook takes pleasure in making then "disappear" (basically he is a zombie and needs other zombies to overthrow the duo of cuties.) When the old mayor comes back, it is clear she is infected and her named changed (from Pawn, as she unknowningly let Tom Nook inflict the zombie outbreak, to Jiangshi, which means Stiff Corpse/Zombie in Chinese "A jiangshi, also known as a Chinese "hopping" vampire or zombie, is a type of reanimated corpse in Chinese legends and folklore".) It's up to her and Isabelle to protect the Citizens of Ruin.

But, I lost 'ruin' as my dad threw away the second cartridge, so yay paradise forever <3

Mayberry is the town in The Andy Griffith Show. It's a cute show with a cute small town. So is mine. :)

My old ACWW town was called Toyland. For years I ran a website (called "In my Toy Box") where I sold 80s toys. I love 80s toys and I have a nice little collection.

Last edited:
My town's name is Nikoro :cool:

Niko niko = Japanese onomotpeia for smiling

Kokoro = Japanese word for "heart"

...I'm not as weeaboo as that sounds, lol

chai tea really came to mind because I have chronic depression and anxiety and my video games (animal crossing in particular) have always been my escape when I feel sad.

i don't care what people think but it calms my depression and helps me when hints overpower me. something about opening my town and talking to all my villagers and just the way they talk to me, etc... is always positive when I've always had negative friendships with people and it makes me feel good and it's different for a change..... just being in my town is my escape and calms me. just like tea calms me (particularly chai & chamomile) when I am up in bed sad at night, etc. I've always turned to some warm tea and animal crossing in particular (even back to wild world and city folk) whenever I felt my depression was coming on and I guess I still do, so idk, I guess it all just clicked and connected....?

Last edited:
my town name (Garden) is very simple and generic but i wanted a word that was clean and evoked a sense of "cultivated nature" c:

- - - Post Merge - - -

chai tea really came to mind because I have chronic depression and anxiety and my video games (animal crossing in particular) have always been my escape when I feel sad.

i don't care what people think but it calms my depression and helps me when hints overpower me. something about opening my town and talking to all my villagers and just the way they talk to me, etc... is always positive when I've always had negative friendships with people and it makes me feel good and it's different for a change..... just being in my town is my escape and calms me. just like tea calms me (particularly chai & chamomile) when I am up in bed sad at night, etc. I've always turned to some warm tea and animal crossing in particular (even back to wild world and city folk) whenever I felt my depression was coming on and I guess I still do, so idk, I guess it all just clicked and connected....?

this is very sweet mayor cailey~i'm glad that both ac and chai tea can bring that comfort to you c: i find ac very calming as well. i use it to "turn my brain off" after work. i love chai tea as well~which kind is your favorite?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Cloud Kingdom has sentimental meaning to me, it's a metaphorical place I used to write about that was a safe haven for me while I was going through a rough time and trying to move on. My town's real name is just Cloud but it's short for Cloud Kingdom, since Animal Crossing has always been my little safe haven.

aww i never knew the story to your town name! thanks for sharing Fae c:

Last edited:
this is very sweet mayor cailey~i'm glad that both ac and chai tea can bring that comfort to you c: i find ac very calming as well. i use it to "turn my brain off" after work. i love chai tea as well~which kind is your favorite?

thank you, hehe ^^; yeah they both definitely help me rough a lot of issues I have/have had. I buy a brand called tazo and it's the chai tea latte one. to be specific, I love vanilla chai black tea, and occasionally cinnamon spice chai tea as well!

Last edited:
thank you, hehe ^^; yeah they both definitely help me rough a lot of issues I have/have had. I buy a brand called tazo and it's the chai tea latte one. to be specific, I love vanilla chai black tea, and occasionally cinnamon spice chai tea as well!

I love tazo too! n_n yum, now I want some!

Complete exhaustion from the end of a very stressful three months of work, a lack of creativity, struggles with the eight character limit and an eagerness to start playing quickly resulted in me deciding to name my town after myself. So I named my town "Rosetown."

I regret it now as I feel obligated to makes roses a major feature of the town and I have never been fond of those flowers. My name was picked to honour my great-grandmother, not the flower. Maybe I could put in lots of benches overlooking flowerbeds of roses...

Back