• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • Join us ~~now~~ for a super special secret staff stream! Don't h8, spect8!

What's the story behind your town name?

I named my town New York which seems boring and lame to some but here is my reason - I live about a 2 hour train ride from NYC and while I haven't been there much, the times I had been were always magical and I was in total awe of the city. I was kind of obsessed with it long before I ever got AC. Still it seemed almost natural to name my town that (though I admit, before I reset my game I named it Seoul because I had no other ideas even though NY should have been obvious from the start)

Mines named after my cat haha. I made it up when I got a City Folk with a wii and wanted to come up with a name quickly so I could play. It was meant to be Snowville but letter limits forced it to became Snowvile.

My town back in Wild World was called Zooville, which really annoyed my neighbour because I'd copied her town's name- to be fair, I was 7/8.
City Folk, I called it Eastbell and I've kept that name for New Leaf. My brother recently got into Animal Crossing, so he's called his town Westbell. We're sibling towns now. :roll eyes:

My friend got New Leaf for Christmas, and being the imaginative rebel she is, she called her town 'Town'. As one might expect, she regrets that now. :D

My first ACWW town (i was like 7 keep in mind...) when Kapp'n asked me where i was going i said "home"...yeah not joking i didn't understand what i was supposed to do lol.

In ACNL, i did not carry that over lol but i had Astoria for a while because i really liked the name but i decided to restart and now my town is Palette based on Chuggaaconroy's LP of ACNL because that's what got me back into animal crossing and what convinced me to buy a 3ds xl C:

I don't remember the name of my first city on WW, but I remember naming a new one Da?n'sha, because I was into a heroi-fantasy phase and I found it really cool.

My current city on NL is named Bullet, because I've created it during a band phase. When I started playing on this city again after one year, I just hated its name, but now it's grown on me again. I think it sounds pretty steampunk, and that's just what I like right now!

Well, many of my friends know that I LOVE studying space and planets and that sort of stuff, so the town name "LunaMoon" popped in my head because i couldn't think of anything. Plus moon-moon sounds cool. Also, acnl at night looks stunning.

Tricera was supposed to be a cycling town at first and the very shortlived cycling thread had a dinosaur theme. My mayor is named tops to finish the word btw. Now it's a very barely medieval town.

I wasn't really thinking too long what to name my post apocalypse town, so i decided to go with a very simple apocalypse sounding word to make it obvious that its post apocalypse themed, since i suck at making themes obvious. Kinda wish I had gone with Apocaly instead of Apocalia since idk the end is more pleasant in Apocaly, but eh ill deal.

Litreally went lazy and Named it New Leaf. What sucks is I got my town perfect, all my dreamies and my bells and my rare sets. I would change my name if I could but cant lol

I personally named my Town Starvale because I bought myself Wild World a few months ago, for sentiments sake and since I had a DS Lite, and that was the name of the town on the game when I went to make my character since it was a USED game lol so I just kept it up, and then asked my little brother (he's 17) to let me borrow the 3DS so that I could play New Leaf ^_^ and thus my town is still Starvale, I wonder if the person who named the WW town is on this forum 0-0 that'd be cool haha

The background story of my town's name Escissia:
I'm a huge fan of Pok?mon. I'm playing it in German because it's my first language. Escissia is the German name of Vaniville Town in Pok?mon X/Y. I liked it so much that I chose it as my town name in Animal Crossing :)

pallet from pokemon, kanto region cause I'm unoriginal.
back when i played red and blue as a kid, i used to love coming back to pallet town after getting all the badges. it was just a peaceful little hometown and i guess my acnl town reflects that.

Wishdrop was originally going to be my cycle town but I have terrible willpower and it ended up being my main... Bunnyhop was the name of my town in City Folk. :) Also, there's a street where I lived called Bunnyhop Lane/Trail and it's the cutest thing. So yeah.

I wish I had a deep story that went behind my town name but I literally went to a town name generator and got Hollowrow or something like that. I changed the ending to -wyn, then ta-dah -- Hollowyn!

For a while now I've been thinking of resetting, and when/if I do I think I'd probably change it to something more
original lol.

My town is veeerryyy loosely based of the cartoon Over The Garden wall.
It was supposed to have characters and a forest-y lore about it but im lazy

I found a list where you combine a word from the first group to a word from the second group and came up with Everleaf. I really like it.

Jericho is a biblical name that means "city of the moon." I created the town at night, and I plan on making it somewhat angelic themed.

Back