• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What's the one thing you hate the most about the Gamecube version

Acre scrolling, very small storage space, having to send letters to the Faraway Museum to have fossils identified, and not getting a warning when your villagers were leaving. :(

Definitely the Faraway Museum, no storage space, sometimes the cranky villagers came off just a bit too harsh?

I think by far my #1 complaint was having to send fossils to the Far Away Museum. I could deal with the acre scrolling, and limited storage, but I'm impatient as heck and I hated waiting for the fossils to come back in the mail.

It's hard to talk about the things I dislike about the GC version because it's mostly about it not having the features future games had: online system, better storage, more npcs and things to do.

But as I played it before the other games came out? I'd have to say I disliked always having to wear a viking hat as a boy, I thought it looked weird even then. That being said, there was still a lot to do that kept me entertained and I miiiiss the topdown acre system despite having gotten used to the rolling log graphics - which took a long time to adjust to.

The map grid bothered me a lot. Also the side-scrolling? Screen or w/e. It gave me a headache. @_______@

Small storage and the fact that you couldn't remove your hat.

Some things that I hate the most in the Gamecube version is that you can't go to the island unless you have the GBA connected to the Gamecube (which is why I'm having a hard time paying the debt and end up quitting of playing it), your villagers forgot to tell you about moving away (Rosie...:[), and fossils being sent to the mail.

I can't think of anything I hated... for it's time it was a good game. Maybe had more shops than nooks? I guess. o3o

The villagers are total jerks. One of them is always stealing stuff off me, the cranky ones are super rude and insulting, Bill painted my roof bile green which really annoyed me because I had it a lovely blue colour. They Move out randomly without warning.

the only thing i hated about the GC version was mr. resetti. and how you'd never be able to skip over his horrible rants, and the more it happened the more he escalated.

the original animal crossing for gc was my first real game when i was a child and i grew up with my town over the years and it kills me to think that in my freshman year of high school i reset my old main town and remade it- given my town from that time is still alive and i'd like to go back and play it again (even if the motion in the gc games are so sharp and awkward after you've gotten used to the smooth sailing of the 3DS.) I never knew animals would repaint your roof! i don't think i've ever come across that! wow.

I really didn't like those flat bushes / piles of leaves. I thought they were an eyesore and wished I could move them.

This has been forgotten, but time to bump this thought up:

Every time you buy from Tom Nook, he gives you raffle tickets, always.

Tom Nook is always stupid. In the first version, he force gives you raffle tickets, even if you buy one furniture piece to fill your pockets. In the current version, he makes you stay in the tent as your first house renovation. He's always bad.

Back