what tv show deaths hit you hardest?

Joffery from GOT I lol'd ;-;
Harry Morgan When I found out how he actually died from Dexter.
L from Deathnote,
A bunch of Naruto character. I used to watch it in English every week from season1 premier to finish season 9, ( before shippudden aired) I started watching it in Japanese at the time it was only on episode 50 wow,( 2008) so long ago o_o,
Itachi, Asuma, Pervy Sage, third hokage, Lady Chiyo so on~

Wolverine (James howlett) From Marvel. Though he havent done it yet they annouced it D:

Lelouch(?!) From Code Geass I think he's still alive but still.

Though this isn't from a tv show I've been interested in Vocaloid before they really got popular at the time it was 2007 and just watching all the Pv's and songs of Len dying Breaks my heart Q_Q The amount of times len has die is to damn high. When Rin dies its sad also @_@

Last edited:
I don't often get invested in tv shows.. buuuut..

Kenzi from Lost Girl.
Seriously, she is the heart and soul of that world. She had the best humor and the best role. She was the notorious "free-roaming claimed human" in a fae world. Her death was completely unexpected. It just popped up in the season finale, "Oh by the way, you have to sacrifice yourself."
And they totally RUINED her character in the last season. What are you guys doing. Why is there all of this drama and conflict. Did you hire different writers?! That was not my Kenzi.
rip Kenzi, collector of rare wallets. :c

Beth and Hershel from The Walking Dead.
We've lost a lot of people on this show. And I didn't care for many of the characters we've lost. Sophia was sad just because it was a little kid, but the rest of them? Pffft. Whatever.
Beth and Hershel, though.. They were so sweet and so loving and so giving. rip Hershel and Beth. :c

Okay, I may have also been upset about losing Lizzy and Mika. I really thought Lizzy would have been more cut out for this world than most, if only she could just get past seeing zombies as friends.. But a kid that's not AFRAID of a walking corpse? She's cool in my book.

Last edited:
Keith Scott from One Tree Hill. That was shocking and I hated that I still had Dan grow on me throughout the next season. It was great, I miss the show even though I'm not a teenager anymore.

Excluding movies, I can't really think of any tv shows that had deaths that really affected me. I still have yet to see the Fin Hudson tribute episode on Glee.

It was sad when Brendan Fraiser died on Scrubs. That was a great episode.

I may be the only Boardwalk Empire watcher but Jimmy in season twos end was hard worse was Owen Slater in three and I am behind on this current last season Richard Harrow season four was tough though too. I am like one season behind on everything but didn't mind the spoilers.

Mine have got to be Primrose in The Hunger Games Mocking Jay
and Beth in The Walking Dead.

So shocked.

The death of the Mother in HIMYM... Too bad her death wasn't even shown (we can't even see her funeral) but Cristin Milloti did a great job as her. That meeting that fans have been waiting for was perfect. Years of build-up and it was worth it. Shame it had to end that way, I would've liked it better if they didn't shove it all into one episode. I liked the bittersweet feel of the original ending, but the alternate ending left a better feeling afterwards.

Other than that, I haven't watched many shows with deaths. The one with deaths usually happen to a character I don't care (enough), or that I'm not emotionally invested to the show enough to care.

Last edited:
Not necessarily a death, but more so a change, even though the personality of the character essentially dies off and transforms into another. Regardless, it hit me, the speech, the music, everything about it got me.

Kramer.jpg

goodnight sweet prince

Does anime count?

If so, Mami from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Like,
her head was bitten off by a caterpillar monster. >.>

If not, Greg's almost death from Over the Garden Wall. He risked himself for his brother and got turned into a tree because of it... Deep.
YES OVER THE GARDEN WALL SCREE
I didn't cry (well I shed a tear or two), but it was still really heart-wrenching. The music and the feels and bb //u v u
I hope they make more episodes of that...and that's a rock fact ♥

OKAY.

It's a show about a funeral home, and appropriately, they kill off the entire cast in the final sequence. It's really well done.

Last edited:
Reviving this thread lol
SAO spoiler, newest episodes.
Just watched the episode where Yuuki passed away ( SAO ) I've been crying for about a hour with sniffles and stoof, ugh The tears ;n;
It was devastating to see her pass away, her life story was so unlucky, Parents passed away, her and her twin sister got AIDS from a bad blood transfusion, her sister died about a year before she did, and parents a year before her sister. She was put into a "clean room" And been 24/7 diving for 3 years now ( Basically She's been in a virtual game for 3 years, barely returns to the real world)
While her life story was so sad She was able to make wonderful friends with other hospice people, She got her and her friends their name into a momentum for clearing a boss level, she was able to experience real school with help of Kirito and Asuna, she was the best swordmen in their game, and in her final moments the players of ALO payed a tribute to her as the Best Swordmens with her own original skill that she passed on to asuna.

Last edited:
Rewatched the Waters of Mars the other night.

:{ that's literally one of the saddest episodes of Doctor Who

Doctor Who - The 10th Doctor's regeneration

Merlin - Arthur

NCIS - Kate Todd

Criminal Minds - Reid's girlfriend mostly because how he reacted since she as an individual wasn't explored much and Hotch's wife

Lost Girl - Kenzi and Hale

Rizzoli and Isles - Barry Frost (though they didn't exactly have a choice in this)

Sleepy Hollow - Captain Irving

Agents of SHIELD - Agent Tripplet and Agent Hartley and Agent Hand

Fullmetal Alchemist- Nina and Alex
Attack on Titan- Petra
That is really it lol, otherwise I am heartless

Tera Knowles on SOA. I was screaming and yelling at the TV so mad at what was happening. That whole show is so damn emotional for me.

Moira Queen on Arrow. Dont think I spelt that right but anyway. I need to catch up on the finale but this show is intense. It was hard for me to watch a son witness their mom die right in front of them.

Hershel on TWD- Oh the feels. I can't tell you how mad I was. I hate the damn governor. So glad he got double tapped. Also I'm not upset Merle died I just thought the scene how Daryl saw his brother and had to be the one to kill was pretty intense too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I liked her, but I didn't care for her. Her actor couldn't act for **** lol.

Mine:

Lady Chiyo - Naruto (I was bawling)
Sister Mary Jude - AHS
Catelyn Stark - GOT
Andrea - The walking dead (Love and miss her so much...)

- - - Post Merge - - -

ANDREA THOUGH

ps i love kidd too

Yes sister Mary jude. Can't forget so many deaths in that show. Especially in freakshow<3

J.T. from Degrassi. Jesus, I cried for HOURS.

Oh my God, and Cam from Degrassi. OH GAWD I'M GETTING TEARY JUST THINKING ABOUT IT. To this day, I can't watch any Camaya scenes without bawling.

If anime counts and you've watched FMA and FMA brotherhood, you HAVE to cry when May Hughes dies. Yeah it's really sad when Ed and Al die and things but everyone loves him.

I cried while watching this, and I mean hard crying.

Back