• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What small details do you notice in this game.

The CRONCH walking makes in snow :3 also the different sounds digging and covering holes in different seasons, in fall it's really dry sounding, in winter it's snowy sounding (eek idk how to explain but it's deffo cute and mentionable) and summer/spring are pretty much the same and more "normal" I guess.
I also really like the sound snowflakes make when they're floating around 🥺

Something else I've noticed very early on about this game is that when you fly to a different island or fly back home, there is this white, cloudy looking streak in the sky just like planes make in real life. It might be easy to miss seeing how people tend to have their focus mostly at the ground.

Last edited:
The variety of rice inside different colour of rice cooker.

Plain rice in white rice cooker, seafood paella in red rice cooker, small green peas on top of white rice in black rice cooker and ginkgo nuts on top of white rice in brown rice cooker.

I love the tree and flower animation when it's windy!

This isn't animation but I also love the lighting in this game!! Especially a sucker for the moon light on trees and the ground when you're high in the cliffs!!

The things that have always kind of blown me away in these games are the sounds. In New Leaf, I was shook when I took my Mayor's shoes and socks off and heard them run barefoot for the first time. So when this game came out, I paid extra attention to the sounds. The thing that got me this time was the water sound effects. When you're inside your house you can hear the rain, when you walk by Nook's Cranny you can hear the rain hit the tin roof differently than it hits the ground - and as someone else said, you can hear the water slosh in the watering can when you run with it. The sounds in this game are honestly so soothing.

I really love that when it's raining, if you're in your house and look at the window you can see the rain hitting the window. I feel like it's just something so simple, but I really love it.

I notice that villagers would sometimes stay up late or wake up early than they normally would. :) It’s kinda nice sometimes. Make me feel like I’m less alone when I’m playing at night.

I love the detail in Daisy Mae’s Turnip hat as you’re talking to her. The turnips are so detailed, especially the leaves as they move. The colors are beautiful. (The wet nose is a detail I *don’t* love though!!)

I also love the colors/details on the red snapper and coelacanth and some other fish.

Every time I was near able sisters I'd think 'what is that chirping sound...?'
Then I realized, it's their little sign squeaking when it swings in the wind :')

Back