• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What rating would you give this game?

GameCube: 9/10
Wild World: 8/10
City Folk: 9/10
New Leaf: 9/10

These would be my ratings but nostalgia is a big factor, so realistically it would be more like

GameCube: 8/10
Wild World: 6/10
City Folk: 8/10
New Leaf: 9/10
New Horizons: 8/10

Gamecube: 8/10 (nostalgia being a huge factor, though)
Wild World: 7.5/10
City Folk: 7/10
New Leaf: 7/10
New Horizons: 8.5-9/10 (mostly because of glitches. We’ve yet to see more updates and patches, but that’d be my vanilla score).

Unlike the majority - I think - I didn’t like NL as much. It felt incredibly unlike Animal Crossing, despite its huge amount of content. To me, more content doesn’t mean a better game, tbh. I see lots of people calling out Nintendo for the lack of NPC’s compared to NL, but NPC’s in NL were so barren and bland compared to previous entries.

I also give it an 8 out of 10 for now. I feel like the game was a little rushed at this point which makes sense because they had to delay it. I'm honestly of the mind that they had to release the game by a certain due date that was probably unrealistic for what they had planned. The delay happened since they had an awful work/home life which sounds like they were tiring themselves out trying to meet this deadline and any further delays would've pissed off fans and shareholders. That's why I think there's so many bugs currently and probably why certain features are having to be patched in instead. While I'm completely understanding of that it does still kind of bring the game down a little. ; v ; I feel very sad for the developers because I know they've been working hard and they're probably exhausted and frustrated as well.

Other than that though, I've been having a lot of fun with the DIY system and terraforming! I also love how much they've done with decorations and how much you can do to make things look nice. The NMT islands give me a way easier way to look for my dreamies as well which I really appreciate. I can see myself playing this game for a really long time, just as I did with New Leaf!

For all of the games I've played...
Gamecube - 9/10
City Folk - 7/10
New Leaf - 10/10
New Horizons - 10/10
...I'm super biased though aha

10/10 only thing getting me through this lockdown

I would end up giving it a 9/10 later on, but for now, it’s an 8/10.

I remember back when New Leaf first came out, I thought it was like the best game. It only had a few flaws, but one year later, I learned that those “few flaws” were major flaws with the game, and they were a big deal, hence why I’d give ACNL a lower rating than at launch.

New Horizons would be the opposite, where I would give it a lower rating at launch until later (when more content is entered). For everything wrong with New Leaf (except for villager dialogue and Saharah, New Horizons did much better.

7/10.

As long as the game is fun and all , it lacks on a lot of things New Leaf used to had , sure it got added more features but so did others features or things got removed.
But we can say it's pretty early to make a rating , especially because we still have DLC to come.
Post automatically merged:

As for the other games:
Gamecube : 7.5/10
Wild World : 8/10
City Folk : 6.9/10
New Leaf : 9/10

i would rate it either a 3.5 or 4/5, i think! i've gotta admit, it isn't my favorite. perhaps that's due to nostalgia, though. this game is certainly lacking in many areas. enjoyable nevertheless.

Imma only rate the AC games I've played :')

Wild World - 6/10, barely played it, looks ugly, it made me like Gaston tho
New Leaf - 9.5/10, super fun!! been playing it for 6 years!
Happy Home - 8/10, really fun for someone like me who just likes to decorate even tho I'm not good at it
New Horizons - 9/10, I feel like if there was more content and less glitches, it would be a perfect 10

Back