• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What do you think of NH's take on the personalities so far?

I like talking to all of the current personality types I have on my island. It feels less cut-and-paste than New Leaf’s dialogue interactions.

The Lazy ones certainly are a wild ride. I did Hugh a favor and got him a tree-stump bug. Told me the reason he wanted one was to ask it questions about itself. Okay, why not. After I gave him the bug, he told me he couldn’t wait to introduce this rare bug to the other bugs on his floor. Why Hugh... why

Well Jock still talks about Working Out and Stuff, but it’s not as bad as in the older Games.

Cranky is ruined. They are way to nice to be a Cranky. Pretty much the Male Version of Female Normals for me. I miss GameCube Animal Crossing already. Why couldn’t they keep the sass and salt?

Because some kids and some parents complain and Nintendo said "alright let ruin it all for the majority" because of logic...I mean reason. This is one big reason why this game will never be an ideal AC game.

When the minority speak for the majority, that a recipe for disaster!

i feel like i'm getting along with the jock villagers a lot; they've grown more friendly.
normal villagers are and have always been my favourite villager type.

the only personality type i don't like is smug villagers. i feel like in new leaf they were more gentleman-like whereas in this game they're a bit more conceited. not the type i'd get along with.

I generally quite like the dialogue in the game, because it's quite funny a lot of the time. The lazy villagers in particular seem to be much, much loopier than before, which I'm honestly a big fan of, and in general it reminds me of Wild World's dialogue a lot given there's an amount of sass, but it's not GameCube sass, which despite all these posts I see about how it's the GREATEST THING EVA I'm just not a big fan of? The intros aren't great, though... seems they repeat way too much.

However, I'm also a bit meh on the way errands have been handled in this game... why do you only get them if they're doing the "hmm" thing now? Surely that's part of the point of playing this game?

I generally quite like the dialogue in the game, because it's quite funny a lot of the time. The lazy villagers in particular seem to be much, much loopier than before, which I'm honestly a big fan of, and in general it reminds me of Wild World's dialogue a lot given there's an amount of sass, but it's not GameCube sass, which despite all these posts I see about how it's the GREATEST THING EVA I'm just not a big fan of? The intros aren't great, though... seems they repeat way too much.

However, I'm also a bit meh on the way errands have been handled in this game... why do you only get them if they're doing the "hmm" thing now? Surely that's part of the point of playing this game?
If you speak to them maybe 2 or 3 times, sometimes they'll give you an errand. For example, Ava tends to get a lot of gifts that were intended for someone else (usually Canberra). She often asks me to deliver the gift to Canberra on her behalf.

u actually have to make an effort to talk to them in this game. ive been sending them letters every day (tho ive slacked a bit) and try to talk to them once in the morning, afternoon, and evening (and also whenever i enter their house). ive had villagers come up and gift me something randomly multiple times per day, and have observed many conversations between villagers. it may take a bit for them to warm up to u, but they will u just have to interact with them.

I do talk to them first, but they still don't interact with me much. At least my original two villagers don't. The ones I invited from elsewhere seem to talk to me more on their own.

Back