• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

WEP key??

Nicole.

savvy?
Bells
Switch
2332-4987-6402
Black Famous Mushroom
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
I have had Animal Crossing Wild World for a very long while now and I really felt like to play with someone over wifi. I do have the internet, and I'm willing to play with some people, after I get this issue out the way. The issue is that I have tried to get a friend code but it can't find my internet. It then keeps saying that I have to register my WEP key. What if you don't have a WEP key? I don't understand what it is? Could someone please help??

Do you have wireless internet (probably so)? Your WEP key is a security measure so that no one else can use your wi-fi. Usually, either an administrator (the person who set up your wireless router) makes a password up or it comes with one. Whats the brand of wireless router you have?

I have had Animal Crossing Wild World for a very long while now and I really felt like to play with someone over wifi. I do have the internet, and I'm willing to play with some people, after I get this issue out the way. The issue is that I have tried to get a friend code but it can't find my internet. It then keeps saying that I have to register my WEP key. What if you don't have a WEP key? I don't understand what it is? Could someone please help??

Ask your network administrator. If you live with your parents, your father may know it. If you live in a boarding school or apartment than the landlords will have it.

If your network doesn't have a WEP key than leave it blank when It asks for it. Also, check with your network administrator to see if you have a WEP and not a WPA.

the Nintendo DS and it's games do not support the newer day encryption such as WPA

EDIT

Also what Kaiaa says has a lot to do with it. If you "cant find you internet" than there is a good chance you don't have wireless internet

EDIT 2:

Can you connect on other wireless devices like 3DS or Wii?

Last edited:
Because I don't want to accidentally give you faulty advice, try going here http://store.virginmedia.com/index.html
You should be able to get your question answered by a professional. I know there is a way to reset your router and set the WEP key up again (I've done it before!) but I don't remember!

If it doesn't have a WEP key, you can:
Use the Wi-Fi USB Connector from Nintendo. Good luck on finding that discontinued item :p
Use the AOSS button on some compatible routers
Just not use Wi-Fi

The games released after DSi are compatible with WPA and all that. The Wii is compatible with almost all!

I wish I didn't lose my R4; with Wild World on it :3

Back