We Need More Mods to Combat Spam Threads.

piichinu

live laugh love :)
Bells
Pink Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Rose
Coco
Ruby
Heart Glow Wand
Toy Hammer
Toy Hammer
Toy Hammer
Toy Hammer
Yoshi Easter Egg
It's ridiculous. I'd like to understand why certain threads aren't locked or deleted as soon as they're posted. I believe that this is the only solution to the problem. I do realize that the staff team is awfully busy but perhaps some new members who are able to devote all their time to this site are needed.

I very rarely see mods online in the online users lists whenever I come on, which is often.

Unless they come on invisible, it seems like there are never mods on.

The issue you run into is that more mods can equal more bad mods. Then you run the risk of legitimate threads getting locked because of a mod who doesn't really know what (s)he is doing. I think it would be better to educate users on how to deal with spam threads (don't post in them) because telling a spammer to stop spamming just encourages them to spam more. And you can't completely stop them from making alts and coming back to cause more trouble, so more mods isn't necessarily the answer. That doesn't mean one or two more wouldn't help though.

No we don't.

Yeah they're on invisible.

If they are, they shouldn't be. What if someone needs help? Sure they could pick a mod at random and hope they're online but it shouldn't be that way.

One could argue that if regular members could go invisible then mods could but they're mods. Their job is to help other members. If they can't handle it, they shouldn't be mods. I know firsthand that being a mod can be annoying when you have people bugging you 24/7 but you're a mod, that's how it is unfortunately.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The issue you run into is that more mods can equal more bad mods. Then you run the risk of legitimate threads getting locked because of a mod who doesn't really know what (s)he is doing. I think it would be better to educate users on how to deal with spam threads (don't post in them) because telling a spammer to stop spamming just encourages them to spam more. And you can't completely stop them from making alts and coming back to cause more trouble, so more mods isn't necessarily the answer. That doesn't mean one or two more wouldn't help though.

We don't need more mods. We need ones that will be online often enough to help members.

No we don't.

Wrong.

The issue you run into is that more mods can equal more bad mods. Then you run the risk of legitimate threads getting locked because of a mod who doesn't really know what (s)he is doing. I think it would be better to educate users on how to deal with spam threads (don't post in them) because telling a spammer to stop spamming just encourages them to spam more. And you can't completely stop them from making alts and coming back to cause more trouble, so more mods isn't necessarily the answer.

Wrong.

Last edited:
If they are, they shouldn't be. What if someone needs help? Sure they could pick a mod at random and hope they're online but it shouldn't be that way.

One could argue that if regular members could go invisible then mods could but they're mods. Their job is to help other members. If they can't handle it, they shouldn't be mods. I know firsthand that being a mod can be annoying when you have people bugging you 24/7 but you're a mod, that's how it is unfortunately.

*farting noise*

I think permanent bans need to start happening.

Preach it.

Care to elaborate more on why you think I'm wrong?

Oh come on it's someone using the name "carfax alt". I doubt you're going to get any real serious response.

the mods have never been good at things like this. maybe on rare occasions, but imo they're just always really slow. i rarely go to a mod if i need anything anymore, unless i really need to. since i joined tbt, there are like two or three messages ive sent to mods but never got a response back. idk whats up with that but im letting it pass

It's ridiculous. I'd like to understand why certain threads aren't locked or deleted as soon as they're posted. I believe that this is the only solution to the problem. I do realize that the staff team is awfully busy but perhaps some new members who are able to devote all their time to this site are needed.

It's not as straightforward as you seem to think. Sometimes threads simply go unreported. Sometimes we're online and doing something else and TBT is just open in the background. We could be working on something else here on TBT (a different report, a PM, staff discussion, responding to other threads like this one) and simply not looking at reports while dealing with that.

Adding more staff isn't an obvious fix as it seems. Other than it taking us a long time to determine who would even join us, that doesn't necessarily mean we'll be faster at getting to a problem the second it happens. We could double our staff team and still there would be times when no one is online. We all sleep, go to work or uni, etc. Anyone else we take on would also (presumably) have a life.

I very rarely see mods online in the online users lists whenever I come on, which is often.

Unless they come on invisible, it seems like there are never mods on.

- - - Post Merge - - -

We don't need more mods. We need ones that will be online often enough to help members.

Right now 3/7 of our staff are online. We're just on invisible.

If people need help they can message us and we will see it shortly. Most of us, if not all, are online daily. Just because you message a moderator who is online that second doesn't mean that we can take care of if straightaway.

Last edited:
Back