• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Villager gender ratio?

I have three female and seven male, all chosen based on species and color scheme. I don’t care for personalities or gender.

I have 5-5 but that's mostly coincidence. I need one of each personality and then I have one extra of Lazy and Peppy.

I either end up with 5:5 or 4:6 splits depending on what personalities I have duplicated at any given time. I always have at least one of all 8 types so I never have under 4 or either gender.

4 boys 6 girls

The only "male" personality I like is lazy. My 4 boys are two lazy, Roald (he cute), and Lopez (going to let him move out next time he pings so I can get Melba).

I don't quite understand why some villagers have one personality type that only sticks to a certain gender. Is it bad that I wanted to see like Normal male villagers? No offense, but it just seems weird how some of these personalities seem to be locked to one gender personality. I always found that weird in general.

Right down the middle, 50/50. And I ship 'em all based on interactions. Twiggy and Aurora can't stay out of each other's houses, there's gotta be something there.
Aw that's so cute! Yeah I'm glad I'm not the only one at the very least it's just gonna suck picking which female villagers I want as I prefer there designs a lot and as for males I only really like Gonzo so far (thought I'd hate him!) I won't have a jock I think I really hate the personality if I'm honest...
Post automatically merged:

I don't quite understand why some villagers have one personality type that only sticks to a certain gender. Is it bad that I wanted to see like Normal male villagers? No offense, but it just seems weird how some of these personalities seem to be locked to one gender personality. I always found that weird in general.
Yeah I think each gender has 4 personalities each right? I hope with the next game Nintendo realizes there can be lazy female villagers! Or normal male villagers or female jocks

I never really thought about this! My village has 5 girls and 5 guys, actually, because I wanted a pretty even mix of the different personalities.

My current dreamie list is a 50/50 split, but it just turned out that way. Sometimes I end up with 6:4 (usually more female).

As long as I have one of each personality and no more than 2 of any personality I'm happy.

Admittedly, I seem to like the male villagers more than the females...even like the ones who look more masculine make me happy (Like Quinn), my islands kinda split between

Female: Hazel, Quinn, Sprinkle, (Yuka recently left tho pfft-)
Male: Rolf, Frank, Sasha, Kidd, Sherb

I usually have an even split of 5 female 5 male, mostly so I can have at least 1 of each personality for the conversation variety.

Mines pretty even because I always make it a point to have one each of each personality and then the remaining two can be anyone but they’re not permanents so they can come and go.

the majority of my favourite villagers are female, so i always have more female villagers than i do male. my current lineup isn’t permanent, but right now i have 8 females and 2 males oof. it doesn’t bother me much, but i’m planning on only inviting male villagers to live on my island for the next lil while so that i have a bit more variety. 😅

I always try to have 5 male and 5 female villagers, with each personality present to have a good balance.

I used to try to get one of each personality type and then an extra male and an extra female. However I don't have a smug anymore and only have 3 males on the island right now. I would prefer smug to jock tbh, but it didn't work with my theme at the time of redoing.

Only just went to look how my gender ratio is, honestly it's not really factored in to how I pick villagers. Currently have 6 males and 4 females, I do prefer the male personalities far more than the female and uchi was difficult for me to find one I wanted to keep long term. I have one of each personality for variety but genders don't bother me if one outnumbers the other

I have 5:5 right now. I always get 1 of every personality, and my duplicates happen to be 1 male 1 female (extra smug and extra normal)

Back