Update Information List

Very helpful thak you! Do you know if amiibo figurine characters appear randomly like the other npcs or do you need the figure to get them?

well I GUESS this somewhat makes up for them ruining harmless fun (net glitch)

though is there no restriction anymore to bridge placement vs buildings/pwps or is the restriction just much more lenient now?

It's probably more like the distance needed for other PWPs instead of having an abnormally large buffer zone.

I don't know if you want to add this or not but contrary to what some people are assuming the duplication glitch has not been patched. My friend got it to work yesterday.
Odd that they wouldn't patch a glitch used for exploiting yet they patch a completely harmless one.

I'm pretty happy to see that the update has fixed most of ACNL's biggest problems, mainly:

• Giving you the power to dictate exactly where you want to plot a villager via paths
  • Using Amiibos to bypass the 16 villager cycle
  • Quadrupling the amount of storage you get
  • Making home decoration much easier
  • Making villagers ping more often to help with getting PWP requests
  • Changing the bridge space requirements to something more sensible
  • Allowing you to "escape" from Club Tortimer

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't know if you want to add this or not but contrary to what some people are assuming the duplication glitch has not been patched. My friend got it to work yesterday.
Odd that they wouldn't patch a glitch used for exploiting yet they patch a completely harmless one.

They might have not patched it because that glitch has to do with the way the game saves and it may have been too difficult or risky to patch it.

"shaking trees with equipment" Uhm I tried this and it doesn't work for me, anybody else?

Can you only skip the 16 cycle with an amiibo card, or has it been totally reset? - So could I move a villager from one of my towns to another even though he hasn't been on main street before the update?

It's probably more like the distance needed for other PWPs instead of having an abnormally large buffer zone.

so basically 2 building/pwps can be right next to the river on opposite ends and the bridge can still be built there?

someone that doesn't mind potential failure needs to confirm this

• Quadrupling the amount of storage you get

I was about to ask what you meant by "quadruple", since there was only one secret storage

then it finally clicked after all this time that every character should be able to obtain a secret storage

good ****ing riddance, mail storage

They might have not patched it because that glitch has to do with the way the game saves and it may have been too difficult or risky to patch it.

I mean that's what playtesting is for, but hey

so basically 2 building/pwps can be right next to the river on opposite ends and the bridge can still be built there?

someone that doesn't mind potential failure needs to confirm this

Well probably not right next to the river, but as long as there are at least 2 spaces between the bridge and PWP/building in any direction, then it looks like it would be fine as shown on post 58 in this thread.

I mean that's what playtesting is for, but hey
The developers can't playtest everything; that's why almost every game has glitches. People could discover new glitches as a result of the update.

I feel like the villagers walk further away from their homes now. I'm finding villagers in places of my town I've never seen them before.

Something I found out last night, villagers now sit on the chairs at Club LOL on Saturday nights when K.K. performs.

Back