Town Theme/Style Suggestion Thread

Toot

Bells
Is this a thread yet? If so, mind throwing me a link?

I just got a third copy of New Leaf for free. Lol.Love those idiot at the Gamestop in my neighborhood. I was thinking of a theme/or a style for the new town (Horror, Beach, Royal, etc.). Do you guys have any clues? I can't think of anything good myself :p.

Last edited:
Zen, Royal sounds fun, Sweets/Food (villagers including Merengue, Frita, Zucker, Chadder, Tangy, Croque for a chef), maybe color coordinated.

This sounds cliche, but my advice is to pick a theme that you'll actually have fun with. Whatever you choose should make your town more fun and should be something you'll enjoy arranging. If you just pick a theme that seems nice but it ends up being less fun for you to put it together and to play in your town, it's not going to be worth it.

I really love color-themed towns, where even the villagers have to be the same color.

Pastel themed, those are really cute
Zen you should look up examples of dream towns, they are very relaxing c:
HOrror/Scary - look up the aika village if you havent, very creepy feel
Princess/Prince feel, more deep blue colors with gold would be expensive but nice

You could just do about anything, search up random dream towns or look for dreamcodes on tumblr for ideas :) enjoy.

Cool. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll take them all into consideration.

I had an idea the other day for a aqua themed full of blue flowers, shells, and frog/duck/croc/octopus villagers. Maybe their houses can be set on little "islands" so to speak?

I had an idea the other day for a aqua themed full of blue flowers, shells, and frog/duck/croc/octopus villagers. Maybe their houses can be set on little "islands" so to speak?
Lol that's what I'm doing with my cycle town. I'm filling the top half of my town with gold roses as a sandy beach and the lower half with blue roses as the water. It's still under construction though. :p

I was thinking similar to Angerfish, using a QR code (If you can get one or make one) that looks like water, and put little islands wherever the buildings are (Houses, shops, caf?, camping site...)

Maybe do a town of natural enemies? Like, a forested side (cedars) with deer, then a modern side with lions and tigers?

Or try to do a story town, where all four houses are in a row and the story progresses from one house to another? Could be horror like Anika or romance or sad or depressing... I like happy, so i suggest a fairy tale theme and the 4 houses could be one character growing up.mlike, one house when Cinderella was little and happy, then one where her mom died and her dad remarries, then one with the evil stepfamily taking over, then the castle and happily ever after last...

Or, do a forested town with all night villagers and always update at night.

Last idea: a heaven and hell town. The upper half is all light and sweet and good with pastel villagers and the lower half is all weeds and trash and dead trees and the evil looking villagers.

Back