• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Town names and the meaning behind the name

My town name is Laputa (So original XP)

I named my town this because I love Miyazaki's movies so much and I was watching a marathon of them with my sister right before I got my game so it only seemed fitting to name my town after one of his works <3

Harajuku is my main town, it has a very colorful cutesy populated city theme - much like the actual place in real life.

Kyoto is my second town - which I'm going to make dedicated to the real area. Will be more on the country side with less paths and more nature.

Basically my town name's are real places with contrasting themes.

My town name is Laputa (So original XP)

I named my town this because I love Miyazaki's movies so much and I was watching a marathon of them with my sister right before I got my game so it only seemed fitting to name my town after one of his works <3

I like the name of Laputa. (also a good movie)

System - Brain fart.
LIMBO -I just thought it was a pretty nice game, and made this town based on that.
Void - It's where the unwanted (Mostly) go.
Town - Another brain fart.

Polaris, I have a huge interest in Astronomy and I didn't know what to name it, so I decided to look at my interest, so I chose astronomy as the interest to name my town. Polaris (aka the "Northern Star") is the brightest star in Ursa Minor (aka "The Little Dipper") and it's located and the end of it's "handle". Polaris never moves in the night sky because it's located above the northern axis on the Earth's rotation.

Edit: Also, it's only visible in the Northern hemisphere. So people in Australia, South America, etc. can't see Polaris.

Last edited:
I named mine in GC, WW and NL LalaLand... Cause who doesn't want to be lost in LalaLand?

I named mine in CF Zephyr. I thought the name sounded cool and it's a world in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage that I used to hate because it was too hard for me, but now I love it because I can get through it and can enjoy the storyline of the world. :)

oleawood is a combination of oleaceae and wychwood. the former is the name of a botanical family, generally known for olives but i picked it because lilacs belong to it and they're my favourite flower. wychwood is a name i use in other places (also a development not far from where I live) so i added the 'wood' as a suffix.

i don't have any other towns so that's all i've got, haha.

My town name is Fornix. (Most original name in Animal Crossing)

My town theme is the 50s, and so.. Fornix the 50s town hahaha

Mine's called Mortem, which means "death" in Latin. I also think postmortem photography is very interesting (as creepy as it is), but "Postmortem" is too long, so I just went with Mortem. I saw this theory thing on Tumblr that your town in AC was where you went after death, and it was like a heaven place. It sounded really cool (even though I explained it really badly). Anyways, I plan on making my town a peaceful zen town, which could be heaven-ish, I guess.

My second town will be called Pumpkin or October (not sure which yet) and it will be a Halloween and fall themed town, pretty self-explanatory.

My town name is Fluorite, after Fai d. fluorite from Tsubasa Reservoir chronicles. LOL

I read part of the series as a kid, and really loved it for a while. I just went with fluorite cause it sounds nice and brings back memories.

Termina from Chrono Trigger and Legend of Zelda. I really wish I'd named my town something cozier though ;n;

Last edited:
Moonsong is a combination of two words. One of my interests is in astronomy with the moon being my favorite celestial body. The word song is just something I thought up that would sound nice.

Well my town is called Paradise. I thought "hmmm, where does everybody want to be?" and the obvious answer was paradise.

Heh...me and my family surnames and names of ancestors I admire and had tragic lives but I want to honour them this way.

MaeRose, WolfKott, MaudMae, Roseberg (I hadn't thought of combining the shorter surnames yet), Mrazek, and RoseWolf. Yeah...I have too many towns...

My town's name is Vinyamar (ignore my sig, that's my old town) Vinyamar is a elven city in lord of the rings that faced the sea. I love lord of the rings and my town is by the ocean so it made sense. ^^ My name (amarie) is also a LOTR reference

Back