Tips for beginning Wild World?

1. flowers will wilt and they can wilt FAST. there is no way to permanently prevent them from wilting like there is in new leaf. don't worry though, you can always bring them back to life if you water them the day you notice them looking wilted!

2. you can't fully upgrade nook's shop without someone from another town purchasing something from it (this is now only possible over local play. i believe there is still a way to connect with people online but i don't think we can talk about it on the forums)

3. your town is sorted into 16 4x4 acres of land! to get "perfect town" status you must have 8 of these 16 acres perfect. (perfect just means they're decorated nicely with flowers, trees, and no trash like other games in the series)

those are the biggest tips i can think of!! i hope you enjoy wild world :D it's the first one i ever played

If you play with multiple people, everybody must share the same house. That's not much of a tip, but it's something to be wary about.

1. flowers will wilt and they can wilt FAST. there is no way to permanently prevent them from wilting like there is in new leaf. don't worry though, you can always bring them back to life if you water them the day you notice them looking wilted!

2. you can't fully upgrade nook's shop without someone from another town purchasing something from it (this is now only possible over local play. i believe there is still a way to connect with people online but i don't think we can talk about it on the forums)

3. your town is sorted into 16 4x4 acres of land! to get "perfect town" status you must have 8 of these 16 acres perfect. (perfect just means they're decorated nicely with flowers, trees, and no trash like other games in the series)

those are the biggest tips i can think of!! i hope you enjoy wild world :D it's the first one i ever played
Thank you for all the tips! I'm really looking forward to getting started!
Post automatically merged:

If you play with multiple people, everybody must share the same house. That's not much of a tip, but it's something to be wary about.
Ah I see, thank you!

Villagers ask to move out very often. Like every two days it felt like. You'll notice little posts outside and those are the only spots houses can move onto.

Once you get a piece of foreign fruit from Mom in the mail, plant it. And when it grows, plant the resulting fruit again until you have a lot of foreign fruit trees. Foreign fruit sells for more money, and that's particularly important in the older games, because bells are very hard to come by.

Create a 2nd player in town, even if you don't use it. That will unlock spotlight products at Nook's, and you'll need them if you want to get certain rare items (including two of the paintings you'll need for the museum).

If you find a coconut on the beach, plant it above the sand - not directly in the sand.

Check the lost and found (Cooper and Booker at the gate) for more/new items. Especially in the beginning when you have no bells this is handy.

Regularly check the recycling bin in the townhall for even more furniture. I found that when I put something in (like a coral or shell) it’s more likely I find actual furniture in there as opposed to leaving the bin empty (does this make sense?)

And lastly: I keep all my letter slots full of letters. Those letters I use as an extension of my inventory space. Usually I keep al my tools in old opened letters to free up the pocket slots. :)

that‘s all I have for now! Enjoy!

edit: @CylieDanny this thread might be interesting for you as well! 💜

Back