• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Things you would like to see in the next Animal Crossing game?

Say you was to go on holiday or just decide to take a break from ACNL, there should be an option to pause the world so that your villagers won't move out and you don't have to worry about weeds growing and having to waste your time pulling them all out. You can only pause the world though when you're speaking to Isabelle to prevent exploits. Then after you confirm you want to pause it with Isabelle you set a date for it to be unpaused so the option to play again isn't greyed out. (If you was to pause it with Isabelle it won't let you in the world until the date you set it to unpause comes).

Or you can have multiple fruits at once on one Tree.

I will update my reply if I think of more ideas.

- More hairstyles.
As someone with really, really curly hair, and as someone who personally dislikes a lot of the current hairstyles in ACNL, I don't think that there's enough options for me to really feel like my character is unique. There's so many villagers out there who have the same hairstyle and face as my villager. The feeling of a unique character is kinda hard to achieve when there's not too many hairstyles! I would love to see more curly hair, because when its done right, it looks amazing.

- Being able to preview what exterior house items look like on your house.
For example, say I want to get a white fence around my house, but I won't know what it will look like until the bells are spent and the day has passed. Then I decide I don't like it. Maybe they could add a little modern technology to Animal Crossing, such as a little tablet display of your house, and what the fence would look like around your house. (Similar to when Isabelle asks you where you want to place your public works project, except on a screen you can look at in Tom Nook's shop.)

- More control over where animals houses are placed, and being able to keep track of your animal's emotions.
Basically, everyone wants to decide where your animals live. Self-explanatory. But I think more villager interaction, such as more dialogue tailored to how a villager is feeling on that day, more variety on what they say to you based off of events that happen within the town, etc. For example, say one of my animals is feeling angry, because they had a fight with another animal over something. They'd act grumpy when you talk to them. Another example could be that maybe an animal's best friend moved away to another town, they would be sadder that day.

I think there's an overwhelming consensus that there needs to be a way of deciding where villager houses go/move villagers out.
One thing that I haven't really seen is each class of villager possibly opening up a store on main street. Have villagers have work hours a couple days a week.
Basically more villager interaction and real-life simulation, to a degree.

Choosing house locations, more dialogues, a way to avoid losing favorite villagers and only having ones you want. A way to increase friendship without messing up houses or villager clothes.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also other skin shades for mayors.

I'd love pretty much all of the features from Happy Home Designer, especially the outdoor features. Including the outdoor decoration features. There should be a toolshed next to your town hall that you can place items inside of, order public work projects from (and pay for them there) and have the option to edit the town from. When you go into edit town mode, you get something basically like the happy home designer edit mode, with an inventory inside of your toolshed to choose from to set down items or public works, wherever you want, and move them as you wish.

Also, as mayor, you should be able to pay nook to zone places for animal homes to be placed. You get some plots zoned by default, but you can pay him a sort of small fee to move that zoning wherever you want it to be. Then new animals will only move into the zoned areas. You should also be able to work part time in nook's homes for credits that can then be used to move zoned areas. Your part time work includes, once a day, doing a home consultation for one of your town's animals, that will come in and ask for a house theme. The closer to the theme you get, the more credits you earn - if you're nowhere near the theme, you lose credits, but the animals will keep the home you design for them (meaning you can also decorate your animals houses however you want).

You should also be able to open up some specialized places on main street like a restaurant or school or such, decorating them however you want to (you'd need to provide furniture and such yourself), which will then make a very small amount of bells every day.

And of course all of the added features from happy home designer, plus maybe some extras. Including lots of pattern slots. ..And, more villager interaction, somehow. Minigames you can do with animals, of some sort. ...I'm very ambitious about what I want, I think, lol.

um we need to be able to host parties. Like when it's somebody's birthday but like just for the heck of parties.
Also a friggen toolbox would be hella awesome as extra storage bc let's be real, tools take up so much space. > <

It'd be cool to have lioness villagers.

Also, Stella, Ketchup, Twirp, Pierre, Cleo, and some of the other really cute villagers from the Gamecube game, brought back.

HD NESS!

Bring back little NES minigames!
Bat characters
Maybe amazing sort of mayorshipness

What the bit block did in one of his videos

My gosh, something revolutionary!

TAKE ACNL TO THE SKIES!! FLYING IN A LITTLE PARACHUTE OR PLANE WOULD BE EPIC

Even though you're the mayor of the town, it doesn't give much options for you to customise the actual town, where all the shops are built. I would love to be able to choose the layout of the actual town which options for type of shops, etc, rather than simply upgrading the current shops.

I have dark skin, so it would be nice for me to be able to see my actual self in the game haha.

Desiging actual building would be cool too. Rather than the regular house patterns you see, you could develop all sorts of different types of houses and shops. It would be cool.

i dont think nintendo will ever change the noses and im glad tbh. it makes the game more unique

What do I want to see in an AC game?

-The ability to break rocks
-More elaborate room shapes
-A wider variety of decorations (Harmonious is really lacking I mean come on)
-Personality-based advantages over being friends with villagers (Jocks will go after bee swarms for you, Uchis will make sure you're doing okay, giving you medicine if you need it (I KNOW THEY DO IT BUT IF THEY ALONE GIVE YOU THE MEDICINE WHEN YOU'RE STUNG AND YOU'RE ON GOOD TERMS ON THEM REALLY WOULD BE NICE), Normals will whip up various kinds of food, etc)
- Closer relationships with villagers, even asking them to move in with you, which keeps them in your village unconditionally (Not saying I want to get SUPER close to Lolly, here. Talking roomies, etc. This would be at the friendship level that would net you the villager's picture)
- More things happening to the Mayor (Mayor can randomly catch a cold, maybe gets hurt, doing something, etc)
- MORE DESIGN SLOTS (You don't know how awful it is that you have to make a completely new character just for slots for pathing)

There's a bunch more I forget, but I'll think about it at some point.

I would love a "maybe later" option when villagers ask you for a favor. And in clicking this, they'll ping you later in the day. This is just so if you're in the middle of something and may forget about it. I know I forget a lot when I'm running around for everyone, I can't keep track!

I would love a "maybe later" option when villagers ask you for a favor. And in clicking this, they'll ping you later in the day. This is just so if you're in the middle of something and may forget about it. I know I forget a lot when I'm running around for everyone, I can't keep track!

"maybe later" would be sooooo handy!

A way to skip dialogue or at least make it go faster (I'm extremely impatient when I want to sell my stuff to Reese)

More villager personalities

More villager species

Easier PWP placement

The ability to choose where villager's houses will go

Being able to move the rocks would be handy
Better placement for pwp's, kind of like on sims?
Choosing designated areas for villager houses before they move in

Back