• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

there was a new friend on my switch i didn't add?? help

SmoochsPLH

Happy vibes ✌️🌈🎈🧸
Bells
Switch
7883-3221-7710
Cherry (Fruit)
Red Lily
White Lily
Yellow Lily
Pavé
Matryoshka Doll
Black Hybrid Rose
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
I apologize if this isn't the right place to put this, but this made my anxiety spike and idk where else to post where I'd get an answer.

I recently (towards the end of 2020) deleted all of my friends on my switch aside from my brother because I friended them mostly through random games and didn't know who 95% of them were or ever played with them.

So the only person I have friended on my switch is my brother and it's been that way for a couple months now. I know I deleted everyone off of there save for him cause he's been the only person in my friend list for months. I know for a fact I deleted everyone else.

So today I wake up to a blue dot on my profile. Wasn't there yesterday haven't had a blue dot in months. Oh someone friend requested me through a game, I figured, I'll go decline it. I went to check it out and...it's a notification for a completely new person named ALFIE in my friend's list.

I didn't accept a request or anything, they were already in my friend's list. I didn't give anyone my switch fc (I have it posted on here, but I still have to accept a request first right??), didn't send any request to anybody, didn't accept any friend request, nothing. And again the only person in my friend's list for months now is my brother no one else. So why is this person already in my friend's list? I didn't accept any new friends???? heeeelp😰

edit:
as a reply pointed out, i should've looked this up first before posting on here. unfortunately, i'm not finding anything online for this, but i'm gonna make a post on the nintendo support forums and hopefully maybe get an answer there.

any other answers on here would be really appreciated since that site takes awhile to reply sometimes. i'm still really anxious about this.

Last edited:
have you tried googling this first to see if it has happened to anyone else, or did you only post here?
i think you might have to try different sources for an actual answer on this one, i haven't even encountered this - sorry but good luck!

have you tried googling this first to see if it has happened to anyone else, or did you only post here?
i think you might have to try different sources for an actual answer on this one, i haven't even encountered this - sorry but good luck!
no i didn't i got nervous and panicked...i really should've done that first sorry

no i didn't i got nervous and panicked...i really should've done that first sorry
no that's okay, i'm just asking for more information on the matter and if you've read/found anything else about it

you may have accidentally misclicked? otherwise i do feel contacting nintendo support directly and possibly removing them from your friend's list while keeping their username/FC written down would be smart!

Hmm... maybe when you unfriended almost all your friends, maybe the switch glitches on one, so even if you deleted almost all your friends, maybe it glitches on one friend and the friend changed their name to ALFIE

no that's okay, i'm just asking for more information on the matter and if you've read/found anything else about it

you may have accidentally misclicked? otherwise i do feel contacting nintendo support directly and possibly removing them from your friend's list while keeping their username/FC written down would be smart!
Hmm... maybe when you unfriended almost all your friends, maybe the switch glitches on one, so even if you deleted almost all your friends, maybe it glitches on one friend and the friend changed their name to ALFIE
Thank you for your answers! I've calmed down more now and asked my brother about it (he's good with technology) and he says it could've been a glitch like Koopadude100 says or that it's someone I had friended, but they hadn't unfriended me on their end or refriended me on their end and that may be the issue.

Thank you for your answers! I've calmed down more now and asked my brother about it (he's good with technology) and he says it could've been a glitch like Koopadude100 says or that it's someone I had friended, but they hadn't unfriended me on their end or refriended me on their end and that may be the issue.
You can see how everyone on your friend list was 'friended'. Probably a good place to start...

ie. you'll see if I request came in from someone playing AC, Splatoon, Mario Kart etc.
Or if they used a friend code...
Or if they were 'grandfathered' in from your Wii U/3DS friend list etc.

Hope that helps.

You can see how everyone on your friend list was 'friended'. Probably a good place to start...

ie. you'll see if I request came in from someone playing AC, Splatoon, Mario Kart etc.
Or if they used a friend code...
Or if they were 'grandfathered' in from your Wii U/3DS friend list etc.

Hope that helps.
It does, but unfortunately I panicked (I have bad anxiety) and blocked them immediately before looking where the friend request came from.

It does, but unfortunately I panicked (I have bad anxiety) and blocked them immediately before looking where the friend request came from.
I think you can unblock them? Not 100% certain here as I've never blocked anyone lol

Maybe you sent a friend request you don't remember, and they accepted it after you deleted all your friends.
This is odd indeed, I never have experience it, so I can't give a lot of advise.

Back