• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Themeless Mafia-Mafia Win!

There are so many sides of an action.

Town action, Toad starting off a conversation to get more information and reactions from other players.

Mafia action, Toad starting off a conversation to blend in with town and be the least suspicious.

The question regarding whether the person above you is Mafia or not is literally the only thing that made me question Toad's intentions, honestly. Don't take my judgements too seriously.

and with that shameless contradiction i will vote tensu

- - - Post Merge - - -

(voting intensufies)

?????????

Before suspecting OR dismissing him in order to get a knowledgeable and sound opinion of what he says. All I said to Lani was that we should wait and gain more info on him before suspecting or dismissing him by making a final decision. Idk why this is still an issue as he's already replied regarding skipping over the questions so right now I give him a null/town-lean?

- - - Post Merge - - -

(voting intensufies)

I gotta admit that gets me every time

- - - Post Merge - - -

But idk why that irrelevant contradiction makes me a suspect?

Not really sure about Toad, someone has to start the conversation and it doesn't make them mafia but being suspicious of them is whatever.

Wording and how he starts the conversation is what you should be looking at honestly.

The RQS will be posted by someone eventually so it's definitely not something I would be suspicious about.

I'm just really impressed with the sheer amount of people that joined, a good mix of old and new people

here's your heaping helping of rqs
1. What's your gender? Do you have a nickname you'd like for us to call you?
2. How active do you think you'll be this game? What’s your timezone?
3. If you have played before, what’s your playstyle?
4. What alignment do you think you would prefer to play - mafia or town? Why?
5. If you had to guess, would you say the person who posted above you is mafia or town? Why?
6. YOU HYPED?

Nothing stands out here, he hasn't said anything making him a mafia lean. He's just starting a conversation because some needs too and the RQS is the probably the most basic way to do so.

here's your heaping helping of rqs, theres a relative good mix of old people and new people, so I'll reuse this
1. What's your gender? Do you have a nickname you'd like for us to call you?
Male, Toad or Toads works fine
2. How active do you think you'll be this game? What’s your timezone?
I start clinical rotations on tuesday, so business hours will be a no go on most week days... but most nights
3. If you have played before, what’s your playstyle?
I'm emotional, talk a lot when I'm here, and over analyze... but I'm working on it always
4. What alignment do you think you would prefer to play - mafia or town? Why?
Town - the one time I was mafia, it was terrible
5. If you had to guess, would you say the person who posted above you is mafia or town? Why?
to me it looks like uttumori... they changed their avatar, so they probably have something to hide
6. YOU HYPED?
SO MANY PEOPLE

Nothing here either, number 5 is a joke. Just in case people couldn't tell. Lol.

He hasn't said anything that makes me suspicious of him, sure his intentions may be hard to see but like I said, someone needs to start to a conversation no matter what their alignment.

Toads null for me at the moment.

Zendel how about instead of posting who you think is null you post who you think you in any way suspect.

The question regarding whether the person above you is Mafia or not is literally the only thing that made me question Toad's intentions, honestly. Don't take my judgements too seriously.

Honestly I wouldn't take anything too seriously at this point. Most of us are goofing around (me), some of us aren't even here and some of us don't know what to do. Haha.

A heated start that hasn't really helped in the slightest, well for me anyway.

Zendel how about instead of posting who you think is null you post who you think you in any way suspect.

Can I breathe please.

I am null about everybody, I still need to adjust to what is happening, give me a few and I'll gather my thoughts.

Can I breathe please.

I am null about everybody, I still need to adjust to what is happening, give me a few and I'll gather my thoughts.

There are plenty of things happening that you could form an opinion on. Tell me someone you're suspicious of and why please.

Didn't they just say they weren't sus of anyone

I want him to give me anything he can about someone. He has the most posts in the game right now and the majority of those posts are fluffy. Even if he tells me someone he's townleaning I'd be content with that.

So, from what I understand, the issues at hand at this point are Tensu's contradiction in their posts, and Zendel's lack of having suspicions. I don't believe the second issue has any traction to it, since it's far too early, but I'll dip my hand into the first issue for a second.

With the things that were already brought up, Tensu doesn't seem to exhibit any actual suspicion on me, and decides to tell everyone to chill out until I gave a response to the questions about not answering the RQs. With this, I want to bring up another quote...

I know but isn't it a bit too early? That joke alone doesn't see like enough proof to convict someone as mafia now. I mean, with that kind of logic, I could vote Cleb as mafia for not answering the questions fully. They both are bit sus but it's too early to start pointing fingers now imo

Note the bold piece of the quote. If they wanted to wait for my response to form an opinion, why say that I'm suspicious in an earlier post in the first place? The original piece showed a contradiction in suspicion versus dismissal. It seems like it's bigger than just that, with what seems like a complete 180 from their original point.

I won't place a vote just yet. I want to at least see opinions from other people about this, and more importantly, a response from Tensu about this.

There are plenty of things happening that you could form an opinion on. Tell me someone you're suspicious of and why please.

The only person who I think has a possibility of being scum is Heyden. The way he went against Primarina seemed too aggressive for me and I feel like Primarina's reaction was exactly what he wanted, for all we know Heyden could have read over Primarina's other games and realized how defensive Primarina can be, making him an easy target. 1. Primarina gets very defensive and I've noticed this, it can be a sign of a struggle because the townies are pressuring him. (Something you often do Ness, pressure people) Heyden may have seen this in his previous games and want to place the attention on a newer and more defensive player because when Primarina tries to defend himself he makes himself look even worse in my opinion. And the exchange between those two is evident of this. (Sorry if I offend you Prima but it's just my opinion, don't take it to heart as it is subjective)

This is hypothetically of course, as I don't know if Heyden read over Primarina's other games and realized how easy he is to set off.
But even then the way he placed the attention on Primarina seems odd, it is apparent that Prima is new and more experienced scum mafia players will more likely than not try to put the attention and pressure on newer players at the beginning of a game so they aren't the ones in the spot light, of course.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hypothetically = hypothetical, sorry.

So, from what I understand, the issues at hand at this point are Tensu's contradiction in their posts, and Zendel's lack of having suspicions. I don't believe the second issue has any traction to it, since it's far too early, but I'll dip my hand into the first issue for a second.

With the things that were already brought up, Tensu doesn't seem to exhibit any actual suspicion on me, and decides to tell everyone to chill out until I gave a response to the questions about not answering the RQs. With this, I want to bring up another quote...

Note the bold piece of the quote. If they wanted to wait for my response to form an opinion, why say that I'm suspicious in an earlier post in the first place? The original piece showed a contradiction in suspicion versus dismissal. It seems like it's bigger than just that, with what seems like a complete 180 from their original point.

I won't place a vote just yet. I want to at least see opinions from other people about this, and more importantly, a response from Tensu about this.

I didn't mean suspicious per se, I sorta just meant that you're not "off the hook" or completely town lean (for a lack of better words) until you gave more clarity as to why you skipped those questions. Again, I didn't really have any contradictions in my earlier posts because I cleared up what I meant about "suspect OR dismiss". I honestly am not suspicious of you because of the answer you provided about skipping the questions.

I want him to give me anything he can about someone. He has the most posts in the game right now and the majority of those posts are fluffy. Even if he tells me someone he's townleaning I'd be content with that.

In every game I have played you have been the one to motivate me to make reads and contribute more, why?

Thanks.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The only person who I think has a possibility of being scum is Heyden. The way he went against Primarina seemed too aggressive for me and I feel like Primarina's reaction was exactly what he wanted, for all we know Heyden could have read over Primarina's other games and realized how defensive Primarina can be, making him an easy target. 1. Primarina gets very defensive and I've noticed this, it can be a sign of a struggle because the townies are pressuring him. (Something you often do Ness, pressure people) Heyden may have seen this in his previous games and want to place the attention on a newer and more defensive player because when Primarina tries to defend himself he makes himself look even worse in my opinion. And the exchange between those two is evident of this. (Sorry if I offend you Prima but it's just my opinion, don't take it to heart as it is subjective)

This is hypothetically of course, as I don't know if Heyden read over Primarina's other games and realized how easy he is to set off.
But even then the way he placed the attention on Primarina seems odd, it is apparent that Prima is new and more experienced scum mafia players will more likely than not try to put the attention and pressure on newer players at the beginning of a game so they aren't the ones in the spot light, of course.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hypothetically = hypothetical, sorry.
The only person who I can think of right now who may be scum is Heyden

This is a correction to the first sentence as it didn't make sense.

Back