• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Woods Expedition Has Ended!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The event was pretty fun for me!! I loved the riddle www
Thanks for hosting this!

How we're we supposed to go off of forum posts for the puzzle? Your always going to have that one person who posts and then messes it up

This also crossed my mind! But that's why the mods chose fairly old threads, that very likely wouldn't be posted in again. 1. The mods prefer to keep old and dead threads the way they are and 2. The few people who were able to figure out that the threads are clues are likely polite enough to not ruin the thread placement for any other users by posting!

It's not impossible that someone could have disrupted things, but it didn't happen!

Can someone answer a question for me please? One of the first things I thought of was page number but also realized settings of number of posts per page could vary from person to person. Mine is set at 40. Page number, post number etc were all considered. Obviously I had no luck but would like to know if settings had anything to do with this riddle at all. Thank you.

i think the personal settings control how many posts you see per page within a thread, but not how many threads you see per page on a board.

i think the personal settings control how many posts you see per page within a thread, but not how many threads you see per page on a board.

I agree with this. And even if you don't see the same number of posts per page in a thread, the post numbers do not change.

This was another really fun event! Part of me died from the riddle though but it just adds to the fun of it.
Thank you for hosting this!

Thanks for another awesome event! I had a lot of fun making my way through the woods and solving the riddle (thanks oblivia!); I can't wait for whatever's next!

I thought it was cool that there were challenges similar to the fair to win candies. I just don't like that it seemed very rushed to complete them before they disappeared. I would have tried harder on some of the challenges if I knew they weren't just going to end so soon. I also hated the riddle. The riddle events are more impossible than the character mirrors. I never understand any of them. Thank goodness purple candy wasn't the last event. I still miss orange though.

I'd like to thank everyone that was involved in the planning and running of this event. Great job! All of the tasks were fun and I'm glad that I took part. I'm definitely looking forward to next Halloween's festivities, as well as all of the other events between now and then.

I'd like to thank everyone that was involved in the planning and running of this event. Great job! All of the tasks were fun and I'm glad that I took part. I'm definitely looking forward to next Halloween's festivities, as well as all of the other events between now and then.

The horrors that may await us. 10 riddles instead of 1.

i was sure that the riddle answer was something to do with legend of zelda lol

Last edited:

Nope! And if you mosey on over to the thread titled, "The end" in the woods, you can find the answers!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Now I'm gonna be on here all day waiting for the new flowers to release :x

Oblivia, I am envious of your mind. Amazing riddle :D

It was a really fun event all in all! I barely made it to the end but even if i wouldn't have it was so much fun and would really love to see somethig like this play out next year.

Also to all those who I said " use logic" while figure out the riddle this is what i meant. PC meant Pokemon Center forum and so on once you got that, it was just figuring out which thread had the right word. I personally messed up alot even if i knew i was in the right forum lol

This was a lovely event, but how do i solve the riddle though, is there an explanation, or just the answer "boneyard".

I'm thought so too because of the carrot clue (epona), the hylian advocate (link) and idk when it said brothers I thought of ingo lmao

This was a lovely event, but how do i solve the riddle though, is there an explanation, or just the answer "boneyard".

I separated the riddle into columns once I caught on to something. The columns each had something in common. It went something like,

Board/Page Number/ Username/Post Number/ Letter

So, you'd figure out which board to go to based on the clue for it, then use the number given to find the page, then a clue as to which thread you had to find based on the username of the person who created it, then the post number in the thread, and then count out the letters in the post until you reach the number given.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The staff are gonna have a tough time topping something like this! Oblivia is a mad woman!

Thank you so much staff for the hosting this event, it was such a treat participating! I think I speak for everyone here when I say we appreciate all the hard work you guys put into these things and keep it running smoothly! I know for a fact being the Woods Expedition Guide isn't easy, considering you have to check everyone's entries for all the sections and tell people problems like if their link isn't working or they didn't have a description, etc. A big thank you from my heart, thanks for everything guys! I hope to participate in future events and the halloween one for 2017. c: Just please make the orange candy anything but a riddle XD
Can't wait to see what is in store for Christmas ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back