• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Rune Factory thread!

Participated in the bean festival today and failed miserably. Next day, I over worked myself without noticing my stats and ended up in the hospital. Im hoping my luck starts to go up.

Ive meet with and talked to everyone in town. Everyone has their own uniqueness/quirk associated with them. Almost wish there were more characters but Ill take whats given. Both Karina and Marian are currently tied for my affection but im leaning more towards Marian.

I plan on going monster hunting soon. Days just dont last long enough xD

Last edited:
Oof good luck with the minster hunting, I got killed by a Woolie alot because I was so low level.

I got killed by one of the weakest monsters in game.

So I've been experimenting between both magic and spears. I don't remember there being skills in the earlier game but I welcome the change. It feels more like an a normal RPG now. As far as adventuring goes, I've only traveled a small distance because I've been working more on the farm daily and I put the monster difficulty on hard mode. I know how hard the game is by itself but I want to make things more interesting.

bringing this thread back heyoooo
Something I've been thinking about is that I really hope future Rune Factory games hybridize the way Rune Factory 3 and Rune Factory 5 handle the character events. I still think 5 handles it better than the way it's so heavily based on RNG in 4, but it's still not ideal—I spend a lot of 5's early game trying to dodge pink map markers so I can get to the one I want to start, and it's not always fun when one gets locked behind another character's just because they share the same location, or when you end a multi-day character event in one location and it immediately sends you straight into another, especially when you typically only have time IRL to play through 1-3 in-game days at a time...
crycat.png
I started a new file to romance Beatrice and am experiencing woes, can you tell

But one of the things I'm really loving while playing 3 Special is the character events being done through requests. It's really nice just taking them on at my own pace, when I feel like I want to get to know a certain character better. That being said, I initially mistook "asking someone to hang out" as equivalent to later games' asking someone if they want to go on an adventure, and now I'm accidentally dating everyone and Wells is questioning my intentions with his granddaughter 😭
I haven't done all the girls' events yet, but Sofia's last one actually made me feel so bad. With all the emotional confessions of love from her, and Evelyn and Sherman congratulating us and talking about how they'd miss her when we got married and she'd move in with me, while here I am liking Sofia as a friend and actively planning to marry Shara... 🧍‍♂️

So where my hopes of hybridization come in for future games is that I definitely want them to keep the more overtly romantic events locked behind confessing your love to a character—I've no complaints about 5's three special date events followed by a fourth final one—but handling the bulk of pre-dating ones through the request board or similar. The early character events that are just short cutscenes (like most of the second events in RF5) could even be left as map marker events for variety/a more natural feeling. But overall I think it'd be a nice solution from 4's "just keep playing or continually reset event days until you get the one you want" and 5's pink map marker chaos.

I don't mind the regular town events being left random, as long as it's not a prerequisite for plot/romance progress it's usually a pretty fun way to do it imo.

Back