The Resetting Thread

this game is really annoying I just feel like resetting but at the same time I got soo much done so i'm still stuck on if I should or not.
i've come to hate where my house is, even though i paid it all off i put it right near a cliff and neighbors are always moving wayy too close to me. like i have tammy there right now and i luv her but she's way too close. So that's one issue. I always get sad when i see other peoples houses cause they have like huge backyards and front yard designs and stuff and then theres mine that has nothing.
my paths aren't a problem, if i do reset i'd just choose another one cause i'm getting annoyed with them too, a lot of people seem to have the path.
i have no space for pwp's anymore, it seems like i literally only have like 1 spot left and even though i only have one lake, the town map is weird and narrow in certain spots. it's really annoying.
ok and my last problem is the fact that i've lost sooo many good villagers and i just lost maple and i'm so pissed off cause someone really nice on here gave me her like just a week ago?? and then she randomly moves like wth i always talked to her. i'm just so annoyed with the game and i feel like resetting but at the same time i feel like just quitting the game and just waiting for pokemon x to come out lol and just forget acnl. i'm just for the most part disappointed in how the game does this. imagine like a 7 year old playing the game theyd probably cry omg.

so thoughts? i have a lot of friends that can hold my stuff btw

Last edited:
this game is really annoying I just feel like resetting but at the same time I got soo much done so i'm still stuck on if I should or not.
i've come to hate where my house is, even though i paid it all off i put it right near a cliff and neighbors are always moving wayy too close to me. like i have tammy there right now and i luv her but she's way too close. So that's one issue. I always get sad when i see other peoples houses cause they have like huge backyards and front yard designs and stuff and then theres mine that has nothing.
my paths aren't a problem, if i do reset i'd just choose another one cause i'm getting annoyed with them too, a lot of people seem to have the path.
i have no space for pwp's anymore, it seems like i literally only have like 1 spot left and even though i only have one lake, the town map is weird and narrow in certain spots. it's really annoying.
ok and my last problem is the fact that i've lost sooo many good villagers and i just lost maple and i'm so pissed off cause someone really nice on here gave me her like just a week ago?? and then she randomly moves like wth i always talked to her. i'm just so annoyed with the game and i feel like resetting but at the same time i feel like just quitting the game and just waiting for pokemon x to come out lol and just forget acnl. i'm just for the most part disappointed in how the game does this. imagine like a 7 year old playing the game theyd probably cry omg.

so thoughts? i have a lot of friends that can hold my stuff btw

i feel the same way and i'm going to reset next weekend. i'd do it if you feel like it!

I'm seriously considering resetting. Mostly for the sake of a fresh start, but I'm getting unhappy with my town :3

My town map is getting annoying to work with, as I can't find much space to put PWPs, and I don't have any good places for villager houses any more.
Some of my villagers (and their house placements) are starting to annoy me. I manage to play every day, but recently It's just been to talk to my dreamies, water my hybrids, dig up stuff then run around aimlessly. The problem is, I have T&T emporium, quite a full catalog, a fairly full museum/encyclopedia, loads of hybrids and bells (I know people can hold stuff).

What would you do if you were in my shoes? If I did reset, I'd get someone trusted on here to hold my stuff and I'd give stuff away c:
Help meee D:

:/ I one time felt like resseting when I could not find any room for my PWPS, but I was so far in the game that I just erased all my PWPS, took off all my paths, and cut down almost every tree. It was almost like a new start, and it helped me build a nice town

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hehe, also I was talking to you Jellybeans :3

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's a hassle but like me you are so in the game that you can't let it to, and maybe you don't have to go totally crazy like how I did, but then again maybe you do ;)

I've cut down every tree and am building up enough saplings to place them again, but honestly I don't have the energy to do it any more :/
Also, with school, and real life, I don't have much time to play.

OK, I think I've made a decision. As soon as I can find my 3DS, I shall reset (after TTing a bit :3)

I decided to reset this afternoon. I got fed up of most of my villagers and realised I'd made mistakes in where I'd put some of my unmoveable PWPs such as the police station and the cafe.

Ah well, back to the drawing board!

im currently looking for my new town rn!!
im looking forrr:
- as straight as the rivers can possibly get!! no windy rivers
- plaza near in the middle or bottom of the map (not too close to the edge) with the town hall to the left of it
- triangle grass preferably, maybe circle
- apples
- no ponds near the train station or too close to the town hall, and not too many in general
- beach on the left side
- retail to the top far left corner (not too picky about this one but i'd love it)

ive gotten close so far but i'm still working on it lmao ;w;

Last edited:
I've cut down every tree and am building up enough saplings to place them again, but honestly I don't have the energy to do it any more :/
Also, with school, and real life, I don't have much time to play.

OK, I think I've made a decision. As soon as I can find my 3DS, I shall reset (after TTing a bit :3)

I think that's a good idea. :) Before I suddenly lost my data, I had the idea of resetting in my mind, but I wanted to wait a few more weeks before I decided. It could've been worse for me, if I hadn't been thinking about restarting...
I wish I could have donated some furniture to others, at least, but life can't always be like that. :(
Wish you luck with your new town!

i just reset and it was the best thing i ever did except i left beau behind and that's my one regret :( i'm afraid i wont get him ever again.

i just reset and it was the best thing i ever did except i left beau behind and that's my one regret :( i'm afraid i wont get him ever again.

I know the feeling of leaving villagers behind. I'm really stuck on my resetting. This would be my third reset if I go through with it but... I quite like basically all of my villagers. The only two I dislike are Rolf and Teddy, and I only dislike Teddy because of where his house is. I finally managed to get Diana and Mira and I'm so happy to have them. I was even lucky enough to get Zucker, but... I'm just not feeling it in this town. I restarted originally because I got fed up with my town and just started to hate it. The second town just didn't have any good villagers except Kitty and Roald, and I figured there's no point keeping it if I just talk to two villagers. It is Animal Crossing afterall, not Town Crossing. :p However, I think my second reset was too soon after the first, and I just didn't want to do everything all over again so quickly after doing it for the second time, which left me with this town and I got bored of it very quickly.

Now I've had a break though, and I'm willing to dive back into the game again, but I just don't know if I want to. I wouldn't mind doing everything again, considering I haven't properly played for a long time, but I'd feel so bad to leave those villagers behind. Although, I really don't think I could put up with all of the other problems with my town... even if I have apples as my town fruit (because they're the best).

Last edited:
I'm worried about starting again in the summer, and I think I might end up feeling sort of like Diableos. I don't want to have waited so many months and get caught up in a resetting loop, and then feel like it's not quite worth it. :( I would love to start sooner, but...so much interferes with that. I have things to do after school on every single day of the week except Friday and the weekend, and for the first few months I don't want to miss a lot of days in my town. Ah, well...hopefully it'll be worth the wait! I'll just be a year behind the people that started in June. :/ But it's not that big a deal to me.

Last edited:
I have considered this several times, and upon the arrival of last night I made up my mind to delete Midori. I have just finished the entire process, and I will not be getting a new town until summer; with school in session, there would be no time. I will be deleting all of my Blogs as well, and I will be editing my signature. Midori just wasn't the right town for me, and I never had a lot of time to check the daily activities in my town either.
I will miss everyone in Midori deeply. You were all so kind, and I hope that you will be forever happy in the void of deleted towns. It is time for me to move on, though. Every one of my sweet villagers and animals will be following me in the next generation of a new town, and as will be all of my other deleted ones. I cannot express my gratitude to all of you. Thank you for being there every day and cheering me up, giving me laughs, and most of all, handing down memories. I will never forget any of you.
*I cannot give any further detail on this, except that I may delete this post once everyone has seen it. I will wait one month before deleting this post.*
In Memory of Midori
July 27, 2013-October 7, 2013
I will never leave you behind.

Last edited:
I feel like resetting would be fun. To start over and have a whole bunch of things to do. Now that I know how the game works, I feel like I could make a really pretty town from the beginning!
But then I think about all the hard work I have put into Termina and all the wonderful villagers I have that I could probably never get back.
I just know that if I started over, I would probably end up trying to decorate my house just like I have it now. I'm not a huge fan of many of the furniture sets and I like how my house is so if I reset I'd probably end up with the exact same house.
I'm not bored to the point where resetting is my only option yet, so I'll put it off for now.

I reset (deliberately) for the first time yesterday to try to get someone else in my campsite. It didn't work. I tried again today and it didn't work. I guess I'm not going to be seeing Resetti's "angry cap".

To anyone who's on the fence about whether or not to reset.. I'd thought I'd just come and say.. do it! And I'm talking from experience.

According to my 3DS game log, I reset roughly 9,000 times. It's ridiculous I know and I'm not proud, but I'm extremely picky and have slight OCD which makes it impossible for me to settle for a town I don't like.. it just niggles away at me until I have to reset.

Anyway, after about a month of talking to Rover, switching the DS off and on again when I didn't like the maps and going through the whole thing again, I have finally got a town and I can safely say that I'm never going to reset again.

Luckily my efforts paid off and although there were times where I was beyond frustrated and just wanted to stop playing altogether, I finally have the perfect town - and I had a LOT of criteria - I even had two dreamies as starting characters.

So, if you're thinking of resetting, just remember that the town's faults will eat away at you. It's better to loose the progress now than to wait a few months down the line when there's more to loose! And your efforts will pay off! Seriously, I'm yet to meet someone who is worse for resetting than I am.

Hope my advice helped!

To anyone who's on the fence about whether or not to reset.. I'd thought I'd just come and say.. do it! And I'm talking from experience.

According to my 3DS game log, I reset roughly 9,000 times. It's ridiculous I know and I'm not proud, but I'm extremely picky and have slight OCD which makes it impossible for me to settle for a town I don't like.. it just niggles away at me until I have to reset.

Anyway, after about a month of talking to Rover, switching the DS off and on again when I didn't like the maps and going through the whole thing again, I have finally got a town and I can safely say that I'm never going to reset again.

Luckily my efforts paid off and although there were times where I was beyond frustrated and just wanted to stop playing altogether, I finally have the perfect town - and I had a LOT of criteria - I even had two dreamies as starting characters.

So, if you're thinking of resetting, just remember that the town's faults will eat away at you. It's better to loose the progress now than to wait a few months down the line when there's more to loose! And your efforts will pay off! Seriously, I'm yet to meet someone who is worse for resetting than I am.

Hope my advice helped!
Now I'm really curious to see what your town layout is like, lol! My only nitpick about town layouts is that I wish I had a south-facing waterfall cus they're pretty, but ah well. My friend who had the game for longer helped me pick out the best of the 4 to choose from. My house could be less close to the beach as well, but I'm making up for it with a swanky backyard XD Its... unique, at least!

I don't want to risk making a thread in the wrong spot, so this might work here...

Would anyone be able to help me reset? I have some things on my two characters that I'd really like to bring with me to my new town. I have no idea where else to ask this.

All I need for you to do is let me into your town for an hour or two and hold my items. I'll let you catalog whatever I drop, and can even pay you in bells. Can anyone help me?

Now I'm really curious to see what your town layout is like, lol! My only nitpick about town layouts is that I wish I had a south-facing waterfall cus they're pretty, but ah well. My friend who had the game for longer helped me pick out the best of the 4 to choose from. My house could be less close to the beach as well, but I'm making up for it with a swanky backyard XD Its... unique, at least!

Ooh that sounds cool! I wish I wasn't as picky but I knew that if I 'settled' I wouldn't have stuck with it. This was some of my criteria:

- A specific river layout (there's only one I really like)
- Circle grass
- Apples
- Green/brown train station
- Yellow town hall
- Certain ramps
- Big cove in the beach
- More than one pond
- The lake in the river to be in a specific part
- No buildings in the top right (I have plans)
- South-facing waterfall <3

There's more but I can't think right now! My town has 9 of those points so I had to let a few things go but it was really worth it :D

Ooh that sounds cool! I wish I wasn't as picky but I knew that if I 'settled' I wouldn't have stuck with it. This was some of my criteria:

- A specific river layout (there's only one I really like)
- Circle grass
- Apples
- Green/brown train station
- Yellow town hall
- Certain ramps
- Big cove in the beach
- More than one pond
- The lake in the river to be in a specific part
- No buildings in the top right (I have plans)
- South-facing waterfall <3

There's more but I can't think right now! My town has 9 of those points so I had to let a few things go but it was really worth it :D

I'm also very curious to see your town and your villagers now! I didn't have a specific river layout or grass type I wanted, but I wanted apples, a blue or green train station, dark blue/brown town hall, ramps that lead to two separate beaches, one (or two) ponds, south-facing waterfall if possible, town plaza in the centre of the map, no houses too close to buildings or in the way, little to no rocks in the way of plans... and it goes on.

With the current town I have, I actually ended up letting a lot of it slide because I was so fed up with resetting. I can't deny that I'm happy with the town, but there are just some aspects of it I'm not sure if I'll grow to like or not. I may end up liking them and this was probably the best overall town I saw after all of my resets.

Back