The Resetting Thread

The Master of Resets is here!

I'm resetting because my dream town needs apples/peaches and less than 3 swamps. Then there's me epic failing at house positioning or nailing it.

And if I have any kangaroo as a starter villager, better.

Took the plunge today and reset my town. Took four hours and the help of one VERY helpful player to do it.

It might be too early to tell, but I can already feel my new town will be amazing. The layout isn't as cramped as my old one, and I love that I have Cherries as my native fruit! The villagers leave something to be desired, but that is fixable. I do want to keep Marcel at all costs, though.

My old town felt too tight and cramped because of the winding river I had, and I hated where I had put my permanent buildings (Police Station and Roost). Plus, as a Floridian, I got sick of seeing oranges everywhere. XD Overall, my new Galbadia is a breath of fresh air and I feel like it has more potential than Mordor. :)

Ah, I have a few things I would like to see in my town when I start again as well!
~Apples, for sure! I probably won't take anything else unless the villagers are perfect, along with the layout.
~Circle grass, preferably. The other two are okay, but I really want circle grass.
~Nice villagers! No matter how perfect my town is, I won't settle for horrible villagers, unless I really don't care at the moment.
~A straight river that hardly bends. I don't like super-curvy rivers, but slight ones are fine.
~Any kind of waterfall, but preferably south! I had south in my last town, and I loved it.
~Lots of space, and a nicely-centered town plaza. I don't want a plaza that is just thrown out somewhere, and I need lots of space for Public Works Projects.
~A brown/green town hall. I had a greenish-one on my last town (Lindsey from LinandKo has it), but there's a brown one I prefer better. But there's one I really don't want that's a yellow color, so I'll probably accept anything besides that one unless my village is *almost* perfect.

That's pretty much it, but I'm sure I'll end up adding more later on. :) There's a lot to look up to here, but hopefully I can find a town this summer that's close enough!^^

Last edited:
I'm resetting at the moment and am having a hard time finding a town. The only criteria I have are as follows:

Plaza at the top of the map, next to the beach. (So if it's a West Beach, I'd want the Plaza at the very top left. If it was East, I'd want it at the very top right.) With enough space in between it and the beach to build my house. [For some reason I'd think it'd be cool to be next to not only the beach, but the heart of my town as well]
Great neighbors. (Not decent, not average, not bad, not horrible. But great. Or even better. Only because I have so little criteria, you know?)
No large private beach with no ramp. (I hate these. So inefficient on space.)

That's it. However, I prefer Cherries, or Apples. Pears might be accepted if the town/neighbors are great.

I reset last week because I lost my favorite villager, Apollo, for the second time, and didn't feel like cycling through 16 villagers again. I kind of regret it, I had perfect town, with fairy-tale theme and it was entirely pathed, but I also don't mind because I had fully paid off my house, every room had full and colored sets, and I had all the shops, so there wasn't much to do anymore.

I'm still looking for a good town, though, and I was wondering what you guys would suggest for a layout that isn't too cramped so I could fit my pwps in. I'm mostly worried about the placement of the river. My old town had a river that cut straight through the middle.

I was wondering if the river would be best if it went straight through the map, or if it cut off like a corner section? (I really hope you guys understand what I mean) It'd be cool if you posted pictures with what you suggest would be best :p

I been resetting my mule town trying to get decent villagers. I have have a nagging feeling I need to keep on doing it till I am toally happy.

I'm wondering whether or not to reset my town. I'd love to have a new layout because my current one is so so and I'm fed up of my villagers (apart from Shep who just moved in :3). Only thing is I've unlocked nearly all the shops on main street (apart from Katrina's place) as well as the 2nd floor of the museum and the cafe and I really dont want to lose some of my furniture especially the unorderables! Also I have oranges and I'm sick of how the perfect oranges look! I really want cherries or apples.

But yeah, help please? What should I do?

I'm wondering whether or not to reset my town. I'd love to have a new layout because my current one is so so and I'm fed up of my villagers (apart from Shep who just moved in :3). Only thing is I've unlocked nearly all the shops on main street (apart from Katrina's place) as well as the 2nd floor of the museum and the cafe and I really dont want to lose some of my furniture especially the unorderables! Also I have oranges and I'm sick of how the perfect oranges look! I really want cherries or apples.

But yeah, help please? What should I do?

Get a trusted friend or TBT member to hold your unorderables for you. Then, if I were you, I'd restart. If you're not happy now, when will you be, you know? Stop waiting and rip off the band-aid. Even if everything was unlocked, it'll be fun to unlock them again and experience the feeling of a brand new town. I highly recommend resetting. ^^

I don't have any friends who play AC:NL and I wouldn't know who to ask here :p But yeah you're right! I think I will restart! :D I'll just need to find someone patient (might take a while to find my perfect town) to hold all my things first though :p

Last edited:
Lately I been really picky. I been resting my village till I get at least 4 starting villagers I like....there is always ones I hate.....so many restarts!

I like resetiting because it allows me to do something I wish I could do in real life, reverse something I regret doing.

I like resetiting because it allows me to do something I wish I could do in real life, reverse something I regret doing.

this.

Oh, and after 20 resets I have my ideal town. 2 swamps, peaches, Yuka as a starter neighbour, and nailed it at house positioning.

I did a swear a million resets. I finally have at least 4 starting villagers I like. Vic,Coco,Snake,Ozzie and Gwen! I don't like gwen so much. I had her before but she is alright.

I had yuka a few times in my restarts but maybe I will see them again. I hope whoever moves into my village is not someone a hate...ahhhh I would hate that. No more restarts! I seen Rover so much!

Last edited:
I reset my favorite town thus far quite recently and I'm sort of in mourning. I didn't really want to reset it, but I realized way too late into the game that I had chosen a bad town map and now I'm nervous that my new town map isn't good enough. I know that isn't true. It's a fine town map with lots of space and the Re-Tail Center is very close to the dock, so that's a plus. The best thing about the town is that my native fruit is apples. I've had peaches as a native fruit in every game I've started so far, so this is nice.
The villagers are okay, too. I find it a bit odd, though, that all the cat villagers seemed to have segregated themselves from everyone else. I've got Purrl, Tangy, and Moe in my town and they all live right next to each other in a little cluster that's far away from the rest of the town.
I'm sorry to carry on like this. I guess I'm just worried because this most recent reset has me second-guessing myself.

On my main, I restarted and was pretty happy. I had another game so I stored a lot of my stuff there. But I left stuff all over the ground and it was like mehhhhh why do I need this now?
I was happy after restarting for a new layout with one pond. But restarting my mule town, I spend a few days restarting cause I hated the villagers. I was missing my old one after that!

I reset my favorite town thus far quite recently and I'm sort of in mourning.
I understand that feeling. Especially when I went into 3DS Camera and saw photos of my old villagers. It felt like something heavy was in my stomach.

Honestly, if I could have my first ACNL town back (actually first AC town period) I would. Even though I put non demolishable PWPs close to my river making it difficult to have 3 bridges that were spaced out appropriately. And made other newbie mistakes.

This last reset I named the town after that first town (Flan Bay). It has oranges as the native fruit rather than peaches, and the layout and villagers are different, but I think it would be unhealthy for me to try to replicate that town. I just hope the town name serves as a reminder that resetting isn't all roses.

Last edited:
Hi, I would really like to reset, but I have soms dlc and other items I don't want to lose. So would anyone be able to hold my items for me in her/his town for maybe 2 days or shorter? Thank you.

I understand that feeling. Especially when I went into 3DS Camera and saw photos of my old villagers. It felt like something heavy was in my stomach.
That's how I felt when I restarted my very first town of Cypress. :( I only had it a little under a month (maybe over? I can't remember), but even so, I felt like I was in a sort of...depression, since I really loved that town. It had its disadvantages, but compared to other towns I've had I really don't know why I restarted. :(
Even so...I had to move on, and forget about the past. But I let my memories stay with me; I still have a video clip of Cypress when I was in Elmer's house saved on my phone. :) I will never delete it! <3
I'm really hoping that my next town during the summer is the best one yet!

Back