• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Resetting Thread

I forgot to water my flowers yesterday and I had a lot gone today
It makes me want to restart.
I also took my river into account and thought it takes up too much space, so I can't work around my town properly. Should I restart?

yes

I am seriously considering resetting. My brother messed around with my DS, and now the times in the game and the ds don't sync. For instance, the year in AC is 2024, and on the DS, it's 2013. I just need to know if blowing up my town will fix this. (Also, he sacrificed Apollo, the first villager I EVER talked to, in the process of his crazy time traveling. I need him back.)

*is playing at the moment and MARINA moves in* .....

This just got harder.

I am seriously considering resetting. My brother messed around with my DS, and now the times in the game and the ds don't sync. For instance, the year in AC is 2024, and on the DS, it's 2013. I just need to know if blowing up my town will fix this. (Also, he sacrificed Apollo, the first villager I EVER talked to, in the process of his crazy time traveling. I need him back.)

This just got harder.

I would probably reset :3 And, as for Marina, get a friend or a trusted member on here to hold her for you. Then, when you get a new town, then just get them to move her out. I could help, but there are lots of others available to help too! :3 But, it's entirely up to you.

I think I might be catching a wiff of the resetting bug. I see people with those amazing towns with the big areas for PWP's and my winding river just doesn't allow that. At first I was like, big, winding river = cool landscape, but really it's just a pain. I barely fish anymore anyways.
I have a lot of my dreamies, and some really nice patterns, furniture and landscaping...but errrgh.

i dunno...I don't want to lose progress but I wanna enjoy this game to the fullest, if I'm playing it year round.
What do you guys think?

Hey guys, just reposting previous concerns. I really fell in love with this awesome pattern, and I want to landscape a certain way, but my town doesn't really allow for that...
I also would really like a left side beach with a southern facing waterfall, after seeing towns with these I was completely disastified with my own layout.
Basically, I've worked *fairly* hard at my town, and I'd rather not redo everything, but then again I know I'll never really be happy with it. Should I reset? Or a better question, would you reset if you had a layout like this:

attachment.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, just reposting previous concerns. I really fell in love with this awesome pattern, and I want to landscape a certain way, but my town doesn't really allow for that...
I also would really like a left side beach with a southern facing waterfall, after seeing towns with these I was completely disastified with my own layout.
Basically, I've worked *fairly* hard at my town, and I'd rather not redo everything, but then again I know I'll never really be happy with it. Should I reset? Or a better question, would you reset if you had a layout like this:

You answered your own question, doll. But I'll help you out in simple terms anyway, hehe. If I were you, yes. I would most definitely restart. If your unhappy with your layout now, when will you EVER be happy with it? Stop settling, just because you've 'worked hard'. Everyone has, I'm sure. But it's pointless if your working hard on a town you don't even like. If you restart, you'll be able to find a layout you DO like, and then work hard on THAT town. Trust me, it pays off in the end, and you'll enjoy it a thousand times more than your old town. Because you'd actually like it. Think of it like this. It's better to restart now, instead of in 3 more months. It's 100% worth it, trust me. I must warn you, however, that resetting is highly addicting and can actually MAKE you more picky then you intended to be. But once you find the town that fits all your criteria, it's just impossible to keep resetting, and the experience of the game is enhanced by 100+ percent. Good luck with whatever choice you make.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just an update on my new town, and some inspiration for others on the verge of resetting.

I got the game on June 9th, 2013. I kept my first town for a week and a half. I got bored and annoyed by the inconvenient-ness of the layout, and restarted. Then I didn't stop. I'd keep towns for up to 3 days at most, then reset again. This went on for a couple MONTHS. Finally, I decided I should make a list of all my criteria/must-haves, and once I found a town that fit them all, I'd keep it. Then when I'd think about resetting again, I'd look back at my list and realize that it can't get any better and that resetting will be pointless and drastically wrong. So on August 30th, I found the town of Magenta. Had peaches, triangle grass, specific-river layout, cove for my house at the top right, east-beach, Re-tail above Plaza, a Teardrop-shaped Pond, and a Town Hall located near the center. It fit every single check box there was.♥ I've had this town for 14 days now (2 weeks). I would never have found this town if I gave up. So to those of you thinking about restarting, do it. What is there to lose? Kind members on TBT are willing to hold your valuables for you. Dream villagers already achieved? So what? Find new ones. You'll meet brand new friends in a new town. A new town means a new start. If you're forcing yourself to stay in your current town simply because 'it's been too long' and you've 'put so much work into it', you need to get out of that negative thought process. Because, personally, I'd rather start over and be in a town I ADORE and earn everything all over again, then settle with a town I simply can't stand just because it's been 2 months. It hasn't been a year, people. Not even half a year. It's better to restart now, then restart in 3 more months. It's worth it in the end. It really is. If you're thinking about restarting now, if you hate your layout, if you don't like your town, when will you like it? When will you stop thinking about restarting? Just rip off the band-aid and you'll be so grateful in the end that you did. Goodluck to you all.

Last edited:

This just got harder.

You can fix that by clicking on the second option Isabelle gives you when you choose the pg you want to play with, and then you select the time settings ^^

I went and reset my town, that I worked so hard on.
It was an amazing decision.
I now have a better river design, meaning I have more space.
I don't have to work so hard to get dog villagers, I already have 2 good ones.
I finally am able to see other villagers in my town that I've been wanting, like a deer villager (Fuchsia) and Skye.
I don't want to take up too much space with flowers, so it feels really spacious in my town.
The Re-Tail is near the dock.
The Town Hall is at the back of my town.
The Town Plaza is close to the beach!
My home is in a gorgeous location, in an isolated area overlooking the ocean and an alleyway to reach my house.

I decided yesterday that I was going to reset and posted on tumblr looking for someone to hold my things. A user I really really respect on there actually offered to hold my things on her beach which was awesome, so I dropped off my bells, flowers, and the furniture and clothes I want to keep and reset my town. I was absolutely in love with it. The map was perfect and I had a lot of really good villagers, as well as a lot of popular ones that I could trade or sell (I'm talking Diana, Ankha, Stitches, Octavian, Marina, Beau, Julian, Rodney, and Phoebe- I wasn't joking when I said I had good villagers lmao) and had just remodeled my town hall. But I was in need of a fresh start- I want to meet new people and work towards villagers I eventually want. I want to collect a lot of pictures- not just pictures of the villagers I want to keep for a long time. Idk, so I reset and now here I am looking for a town that fits my criteria.

I need:
- Private beach
- Apples, cherries, or peaches
- A lot of open space
- And just a map that is visually pleasing to me

And then I'd like, but it isn't necessary:
- Simon, who is really my only dream villager and at this point is the only villager I'd keep forever. I could always trade for him later, so if I don't get him, I'd like at least one top tier villager to trade for him in the future
- Circle or square grass
- The river shape I like where it starts out horizontal and then turns south, leaving the map really open and having a little peninsula so yeah it's nice
- Re-tail either right next to the beach or midway through the map so I can get there quickly from the museum AND the beach

So yeah, I have my work cut out for me but I'm really hopeful that it will be a positive change and make the game fresh again.

My criterias:

- specific river layout (must be simple, not winding)
- no pond infront of the town hall
- not too many ponds
- green or blue townhall
- circle grass if possible
- apples or peaches
- beach on left side
- townhall beside the plaza
- horizontal dock entrance

... I'm too picky >.<

I don't want to reset on my town, but I'm honestly not 100% happy with it. Though since I'm a very sentimental person, I feel bad for many things, inanimate and not - Animal Crossing has always invoked many emotions within me and as TEMPTED as I am to reset on NL, I won't. Not like I did on the last games.

I was thinking of getting a second copy once I get some extra money, but if I do then I honestly don't know if I'll even play it. Maybe in a few years or something, but who knows?

You literally have no idea how hard it is for me to resist resetting though.

I am very tempted since yestrerday. Although i have finally my museumshop and gotten alot of things,and i do not have anyone to give my belongings to and i got the island. I am tempted because i did not think about my facial looks and town map. I hate that river in the middle.
Maybe i will reset my acww game first and see where that go's and how i feel aobout it?

I am very tempted since yesterday. Although i have finally my museum shop and gotten a lot of things,and i do not have anyone to give my belongings to and i got the island. I am tempted because i did not think about my facial looks and town map. I hate that river in the middle.
Maybe i will reset my ac:ww game first and see where that goes and how i feel about it?

When I badly want to reset, I pick up WW or CF and reset to my hearts desire. It's not the best solution, but it's OK.

haha Jelly Beans now that is a solution!
I just bought a second copy of ACnl so now i have two towns in which i am super happy with!

I'm thinking of resetting because I'm not happy anymore with my town map. I was at first, but I've recently come to realize it's hard to place PWP's in a way that I actually like. Resetting would mean losing what I've done so far for the museum and such (donations, fossils, ...) but I'm actually okay with that.

The only thing that would bother me is losing my favorite villagers; I really adore Annalisa, Pinky, Ren?e and Sterling. They're the ones I really love (I also have Pekoe and Beau and they're okay, but also a bit meh to me). So that's stopping me (perhaps someone could hold them for me, but I wouldn't know who to ask and also... all four of them?).

On the other hand, I feel that if I were to reset, it might be better to completely start over, so with whatever villagers the game decides to give me.

TL;DR I can't decide, LOL.

I love my town map and everything now literally it's perfect but I'm always wanting to reset. I just want my priority dreamies so much and my mum won't buy me a copy and I don't feel like I'll ever get Merry or Molly, the only villagers I'd ever reset for. I don't really like how much I've TT'd and it's just like... super obvious...

I also want a clean slate... like, especially flower wise.

I'm not happy with my layout, the lack of space for PWP where it'll look nice, and the fact I really want apples and I have cherries. I'm not too bothered about my villagers, minus Diana, Stitches and Lolly, so I'm wondering whether it's best to reset or just try and work with what I have ://

Ended up resetting and got a town today I'm in love with- good map, very good starter villagers, etc. I got apples FINALLY. The face I like. Building placement is perfect I don't beetle hunt much so I don't care if Re-tail is close to the beach. It's close to town hall and the plaza which means I have TONS of open space. Starters are Pango, Maple, Gruff, Alfonso, and Ankha. Side note on Ankha- she was my favorite villager in my town before I reset and the reason that it took me so long to reset- I didn't want to leave her!! So I'm so happy I have her. Overall I'm just reallly really happy with what I got. Most likely keeping Pango and Maple for a long time, and definitely keeping Ankha forever.

Side note- my main goal in this game is to have a town full of snooty, smug, and lazy villagers so I'm pretty happy with what I'm starting with.

I'm brand new here and am lucky to have 2 copies of the game. My husband got bored with his and now I have it. My town is nice on the 2nd one, but now I see all the problems with not having room for PWP's and the river is WAY too winding. Now, this question sounds silly, but I have to ask - if I reset my 2nd village, will having a brand new town exclude it from tomorrow's BugOff? Or can I be a newbie mayor and the Bugoff will still take place?

I'm brand new here and am lucky to have 2 copies of the game. My husband got bored with his and now I have it. My town is nice on the 2nd one, but now I see all the problems with not having room for PWP's and the river is WAY too winding. Now, this question sounds silly, but I have to ask - if I reset my 2nd village, will having a brand new town exclude it from tomorrow's BugOff? Or can I be a newbie mayor and the Bugoff will still take place?

The bug-off will definately take place :3

Back