• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The Resetting Thread

I've reset my island a few times, and I did it again but I think I might be done after this one. I have always struggled with finding a name that suits my island aesthetic - I feel like I've always made it too specific for what I'm going for..

This time I restarted, found an island I really like/met my requirements for being able to play. (Idk what is wrong with me but I really can't play any animal crossing games if I don't have apples as my native fruit. It feels bad in my brain and Idk how else to explain it.)

I named it the same name as my old New Leaf town: New Eden. In NL, I went for a future theme - got robot villagers, went modern with decorations around town. This time I think I can make it anything. If I wanted to do modern again I could, but I think it would even fit a horror/steampunk island too. Anyway, I'll post a picture of my new map and if any of you are interested I can post pictures of how well the layout is going to work for me. I finally feel like this the island I'm NOT going to want to reset ever.

Lots of luck to all of you friends out there also resetting and starting over!

I’m resetting my island today after having the same one since release day. I’ve found I’ve grown bored with it, having accomplished everything. I’ve been watching froggycrossing’s YouTube series and loving it. I’m excited, but also a bit nervous.

Things I’m looking for…

RS farther from the airport
Larger land outcropping (can’t think what it’s called)
Better rock placements

I don’t care about fruit or flowers or villagers.

A little late, but according to this article, "All of the rocks you break will respawn in a random spot on your island, but note that only one rock will respawn each day.". This may help you remove one of your dealbreakers when finding a new island!

I'm pretty sure they are referring to the beach rocks that can't be moved or terraformed.

Just resetted recently. I am currently at the plaza being upgraded to get Isabelle. I have a problem with continuously resetting if I spend a long time away from the island cause I feel guilty. I don't recommend resetting for that...it is not like you can't readjust to an old town. Especially since you can basically wipe current towns without resetting.

Welp, I did it. Since the original GameCube version of Animal Crossing I had never reset an Animal Crossing game, not even once. But a couple hours ago I made the decision to reset and get rid of UA Academy as I'm not even sure what I was doing with it. It was an original-looking island at least, but I know I can make something better, so I started a new island called "Lurolona" after Lurolona Village from the anime The Rising Of The Shield Hero. Named my character Naofumi. I reset enough times to get the green airport. I wanted peaches as my native fruit, but I got cherries, and didn't care to keep resetting since I already got the green airport (and I can get the other fruits anyway, so it doesn't matter).

I had been thinking about this for awhile, but am glad I went through with it. I did lose a ton of progress, but since the game isn't being updated anymore and I have friends who can get me anything I need in the game, I'm not really worried about it. I'll probably open up a new Island Journal thread at some point to showcase my efforts in building up the island. I am going to make it more fantasy-themed this time in the spirit of the anime, and also have it resemble the anime location as closely as possible. ✌️

I can’t decide if I want to restart my second island. I like it but I’m not as attached to it as I once was. I have some questions that would help me decide. Most of them about transferring characters from one island to another. I would very much appreciate some help.

If I make a new character on my second island and get her to where she can craft ,cook and terraform what goes with her if I move her to my main island.

If I upgrade her house and put in her storage all the fruit , veggies and items I want for my new island does she get to keep all her items.

I know all characters on the same island have the same patterns. Does she keep the patterns she moves with or do they get replaced with the patterns on my main island?

Do you keep your nook mile achievements?

I have the DLC on my main island. If I complete it before I move my new character to the new island do I keep the DLC DiYs or do I have to redo the DLC on the new island.

Decided to reset today and it has been an extremely freeing experience.

My former island was my original from March 2020 but I had flattened it with the intention to someday come back and terraform it all (which was never going to happen). Felt overwhelming every time I thought about it.

Going to stick to no time traveling and minimal terraforming when I unlock the option. My only plan at this point is to create a lake and dock (always love seeing them on islands).

Resetted again after a year, I just needed a new name. Funnily enough I ended up with the same map prototype on accident.

After a while the maps are all basically the same, but it sucks if you don't get one detail right when it's easy to just roll the dice one more time. But then again all the maps are the same and you should only care about river exits, secret beach location and those outer rocks. Maybe the next game will have more of a Minecraft approach.

It's so annoying that we can't just change our island name or recolor the airport. I'm currently bothered by my native flowers, but obviously that doesn't matter at all. Not gonna reset when my fruit and airport color match on a neat island that doesn't leave my bothered by pixels.

But the perfectionist in me is always bothered by the little things, because everything else is always a little better.

But I'm looking forward to grinding a new save file during fall and winter break. Seems like a yearly tradition at this point.

So, I resetted once more. The old name was better, hah.

0Z2wXaD.jpg

My last map and everything was fine (so I was fine getting it twice as seen above), but the town hall was too close to the natural river layout and I don't wanna bother with that. I like when the town hall is in the middle of the area you start with. Also my old map didn't have the "butterfly" stone and I wanted to change that. The peninsula will either be a diving board or a fenced off area. I wanted either that design or the biggest one.

But seriously though, why can't we just restart in the game? Like New Leaf? Just let me keep the achievements and I'd redo everything everytime I'm bored.

But yeah, I'll play this island and probably never play New Horizons again once I'm done with everything the game has to offer. The problem is that I've done everything in the game, but I also like a more perfect island when I'm bored. But I don't see myself going back to it again. Too many good releases coming up on the Switch.

I definitely won't reset with the next main title though, I will think very intensively about every single pixel of the map and play normally like during the first few months of this game. :D

I finally decided that after having not played in nearly two years, I needed to reset. I gave my old, messy, unfinished island a DA so I could go back (and took some screenshots as well) before I deleted the data and started playing AC:NH - Map Simulator 😆

I'm still trying to get one of the handful of layouts I like, as I really would like to have extremely minial terraforming to do (and I never TT). The last one from last session was the worst because it was one of my top map choices - and then it had my least favorite fruit and my least favorite airport color. So I reset again. No idea how long this will go on before I end up settling for something, but right now I am determined to get my dream island!

Has anyone else had an awful time resetting the first three house plots you craft furniture for for villagers? The first two didn’t take me that long, but the third I’m specifically looking for Sylvana and I feel like it’s taking such a long time.

I wasn’t originally going to reset but I changed my mind like as soon as I set the plots down and the third one is kinda far away. I’ve been having to BOOK it all the way to the plot then back to Nook’s tent:cry: I’m too invested to give up now though.

This isn't necessarily a reset-related thing, but I'm not sure where else to put it! I'm planning on flattening my island, and am quite excited to begin doing so -- but the dream address. I don't know if I should update it now so I have a record of its current state, or keep the original dream address which has my original layout and all that. (This is on a second island so I can visit the dream address on the other.) I'm just not sure which I'd like to be able to look back at more! The original version of the island -- original layout, first house, first villagers -- or this in-between stage -- a lot of fun terraforming and a bunch of houses but nothing concretely finished. Would pictures suffice? And for which version? Animal Crossing problems you know 😂

Last edited:
This isn't necessarily a reset-related thing, but I'm not sure where else to put it! I'm planning on flattening my island, and am quite excited to begin doing so -- but the dream address. I don't know if I should update it now so I have a record of its current state, or keep the original dream address which has my original layout and all that. (This is on a second island so I can visit the dream address on the other.) I'm just not sure which I'd like to be able to look back at more! The original version of the island -- original layout, first house, first villagers -- or this in-between stage -- a lot of fun terraforming and a bunch of houses but nothing concretely finished. Would pictures suffice? And for which version? Animal Crossing problems you know 😂
I was just having this problem myself. I am planning on restarting my second island but also couldn’t decide about the dream address. I decided I would updated my dream address for that island right before I restart it. Mostly because I do like that island and how it is now. There are some small areas I think I will recreate on my new island. So having the old island updated will help with that.

Resetting my town AGAIN. I've fallen out of love with my town's name. And need a better one.

I want a town name that includes strawberry or cherry in it somehow. I intially was going to do Strawbury (Strawberry+bury, a common suffix for towns) but my sister said it sounded ugly. EDIT: Any small town sounding name will work. Nothing too mythical or fancy sounding though.

Last edited:
If you're going to reset your island because you don't like the name, you should probably think hard on one that you feel like you'd enjoy using for a long period. Is the strawberry/cherry theme/name one that you came up on the whim or one that has been on your mind for a while? That's something you should really consider. Otherwise a month down the road you may find yourself not liking this cherry/strawberry themed name and be right back where you started.

Oh thats very true. Hmm, well I guess just any nice sounding name really. My last town name is something fancy, but I want something more ritting for a small town.

Back