Mafia The Quest for King - Mafia | Game Thread | GAME OVER

I was quiet yesterday because I was busy -_- like I literally pushed both tessa and ribbit after the claim, and I was pushing tessa as mafia even before yesterday EOD went down, like I said before in all probability tessa just wanted to push me for king because she knew i looked bad from it

Also they (ribbit/tess) probably thought I was gonna be less likely to kill ribbit than volt, and town also has less to gain there from volt being made king as opposed to me because I was less clear

if you think that makes me mafia then prove it rather than just giving hypothetical scenarios lmfao
Post automatically merged:

tbh i was kinda tinfoiling ness last night but i figured he would probably die if he was town

I was the alternative king push because I wanted to be king myself, I didn't completely trust volt at the time

in regards to roleclaim I think all townies remaining are probably just normal townies? given loads of PRs are dead

also why are you less suspicious of geoni over me and annika?

I mean I don't get why maf would kill Geoni over the PR claim

It's possible, but I just want to know current roles and what they are and who's left.

In regards to less suspicious of geoni over you and annika, it's just vibes.

going sleep almost 1am here gn

i'll be here tomorrow at some points but prob not too long cause work

fyi I'm townie (toad) if that wasn't obvious already btw, just in case you wanted my claim before i leave for a while

anyway gn

hmm 24 hr day is scary

umm mmm

it’s true jacob was pushing for tessa earlier so i agree he should be town but i had a smol tinfoil yesterday

no i agree with killing tessa and kinging volt
my thoughts are unrelated, about the 3rd maf
but they might just die tonight so…
when i was saying this
i noticed jacob removed ness from his suspect list and i was kinda confused why

like before the claim he was pushing ness and tessa, and i dont think they were unpaired

so he mustve changed his mind based on ribbit being mafia but…i dont think she was unpaired from ness either really

OH THAT REMINDS ME WHAT WAS YOUR THING FROM YESTERDAY YOU WERE HUSH ABOUT.

Oh wait I get it now.

Why did you think 3rd maf was gonna die tonight

no i didnt think that
i figured ness might die bc everyone stopped considering him fsr

i thought it might still be him but i kept quiet to see if he’d die

With volt being more likely town after killing ribbit I think it’s somewhat likely that maf team outside of Tessa is just laying low, I think ness siding with the idea of killing ribbit is prob a better look for him
hmm actually jacob does explain it a bit
fair enough ig

Gotcha

what's your role
um townie (toad)

hmm
ehh
eHhH
i kinda wanna say jacob is just town. ~probably~. i think.

derived from enderwiggin’s read on him from a while ago

but hm
that leaves you and geoni and i’m not quite sure who would be maf between you

or maybe he’s mafia. idk someone hell

idk i just think him advocating to get king while pushing ness and tessa is townie, that’s a lose-lose situation if he’s mafia

although…hold on i have to check if he was advocating for king before the claim

help** not hell oh my god

Both you and Jacob have been kinda doing this "I think the other is town i think" thing back and forth. 🔎
yea!! ok look i dont claim to be good at reading him, i’m working on the same information you have

but enderwiggin was killed with him as a confident townread

he also pushed tessa and ribbit… & ness, which is bad for maf to push

that’s mostly why i’m. THINKING he’s town

hmm 24 hr day is scary

umm mmm

it’s true jacob was pushing for tessa earlier so i agree he should be town but i had a smol tinfoil yesterday

when i was saying this
i noticed jacob removed ness from his suspect list and i was kinda confused why

like before the claim he was pushing ness and tessa, and i dont think they were unpaired

so he mustve changed his mind based on ribbit being mafia but…i dont think she was unpaired from ness either really
im ngl im not sure if i get what you are saying

Also they (ribbit/tess) probably thought I was gonna be less likely to kill ribbit than volt, and town also has less to gain there from volt being made king as opposed to me because I was less clear
i'm sure about that because you even got a vote from geoni from being so set on ribbit

I mean I don't get why maf would kill Geoni over the PR claim
do you mean ness pr claim? i thought everyone and their mom was suspicious about that. i guess thats food for a wolf!geoni world tho

Last edited:
for the record volt, i’m sure you know already but you should avoid hinting to who you’re planning on killing so the mafia potentially crosskill

everyone should just assume they might be targeted and defend themselves accordingly

um also i have more time today so i’ll be around for a while, everyone lmk if you have questions

I was planning on checking the flips and posting tonight but thank god I checked it earlier. Not a hige fan of the shortened phase as someone with a busy lives. We sign up for games with an understanding that the host will consistently stick to the phase lengths and EoD times @Trundle .

I wasn't as confident about Tessa as I was about Ribbot so that's pretty satisfying that my two strongest early game wolfreads were wolves. Volt would have to be playing an insane towncred strategy to be winning as a wolf here so at lunch I am going to focus my time Jacob and Annika ISOS because I read Oath's ISO last phase. He's not wholly out of my PoE here but I still enjoyed the uncertainty/tone/engagement against anti-town play.

I ddon't have a wall lol I was just hoping to bait a kill on me lol. I got a solid path for victory I'll present this phase though. Great job btw Volt and honestly Dan you helped this game a lot by being towny and just being sane with your CC jsyk.

first of all I'm gonna try compiling what the dead people were saying
even the ppl that were killed by the king!!
this may not end up being useful but i generally like to

Chris had a couple reads but they aren't pertaining to anyone alive I think
ShinyDungeoneer didn't have many reads for the most part, but they DID mention being sus of Volt here... um... I think it's safe to look past that though

this was Trent's last post, where he talked about his reads on almost everyone, I'll just cut it down to what he said about us five
I don't know if Geoni is doing a bit because I would figure he'd work with current information and then work backwards instead of *waves hands* this
Oath I'm still not convinced is town but whatever we seemed to have moved off that for now
annika doesn't seem to give much up but I also am wasting time here typing this so I can't fully review their posts
Jacob I've kinda just forgotten about
Volt is confusing
he doesn't really townread any of the currently alive ppl
hmmm
I can't tell if he wolfread any of us either though rip

I'm going through EnderWiggin's reads rn, and I'm liking them a lot tbh
he correctly had Trent and Ness as town in this first post (and they were right about me too hehe)
he was probably killed for having a lot of correct reads
Geoni's post feels uninspiring but not overly wolfy. I'd want to see more of them because I definitely know I can vibe with a town!them.

Oath's D1 has been largely forgettable so far, despite the fact I've seen a few of their posts by p5. So I'm going to call that a mafia lean and move on with my life

I'm also loving almost every Annika post I've seen
Oath mafia lean is notable here
Jacob literally is the first person to spot exactly why Shiny was town from D1.

And that makes me feel pretty good about just hard towncoring them for ? reasons.
Hey Annika. I think you're pretty towny. Can I ask you, between Volt or Ness who do you have a stronger townread on?

And could you articulate the reason for that read?
I'm shamelessly defending myself here but I'd include if people were suspicious of me tbf (I'm going through Daniel's reads later and he was notably suspecting me for quite a while soo)

this next post is Ender explaining the Jacob TR:
I can hunt for the Jacob post, but it was their first post about the now-dead Shiny. Because when I started reading D1 I saw Shiny's entrance to D1 and was like "This is never mafia" and then Jacob's first post about it points out the exact sequence that gave me that reaction and said something very similar.

I know mindmeldy posts can be bad but just like, given how people were not really sure of Shiny, a hard townread based on the exact read I was thinking of is just a ~good look~

And I'm not reconsidering that one until later tbh.

This was the post.

It's not even front and centre which I'd expect if it was a performative read
as a side note, he was right that he always dies quickly ahaha
I like being king.

Also I tend to die very quickly so it makes my survivability last longer.

I'm running on the campaign that chocolates deserve to be available to the wider populace. It'd be the sweet thing to do.

another good post:
This was the first real calling out of it.

Of previous interactions:
Damniel half-sussed/quizzed Shiny
Ness made a friendship deal with Shiny
You got sussed by Shiny and called their reasoning "valid"
Tess called their approach an easy mafia option
Kat says they "failed the shut up test"
Kat then contiues to quiz Shiny, does say they "Don't sus them for it, just don't follow the logic"
Trent also quizzes them. Then you say that "Continued questioning this from Shiny isn't going anywhere" - This I could squint and say was what you referenced about yourself, but you never explicitly point anything townread about them here.
Damniel says that Shiny is effectively null so far.
Ness then DOES gut townread Shiny. Doesn't mention the logic Jacob brought up. In fact they clarify that their reasoning is more about how people pressured them around their answers to self-pres questions.
Damniel then townreads Shiny for reasons about how they were dogpiled, like Ness.
You then come in to explicitly say that Shiny is a ? for you

THEN

Jacob comes in saying the interactions around the King thing are something from Shiny that seems like it comes from town.

Neither Tessa (Who had an explicitly null read "Don't mistake my questions for an alignment lean"), Oath (Who I can't see a single mention of Shiny at this point in their posts.), nor you ("Shiny is a ? for me right now") pointed out that reasoning Jacob did.

Could Jacob be a wolf seeing someone generally townread and trying to find a "new reason" to read it that way and stumbling on my immediate page 1 read? Maybe.

But trying to dismiss that reasoning with your handwave feels like **** my dude.

Like legitimately, I don't care if you disagree and want to quiz my thoughts on Jacob. But that post feels very strongly of trying to hold onto a possible POE slot slipping through your fingers and finding any excuse to dismiss my reasons to townread without actually thinking to engage with my thoughts in a thorough manner.
he really liked Jacob lol
there are other notable parts to this post, though
Oath should probably be the priority to kill today, though. That post gives me 8 year old memories of shrug!wolf Oath

I guess the Oath kneejerk is probably too early. But man that was a mafia-shaped post

Also it's possible Ribbon/Tessa is w/w and I'm giving them too much credit based on weird thoughts on Ribbon.

But I have been mulling that one over.
notably the underlined part
he might unironically have been killed for this alone
but he feels so dependable just reading this, it makes me wanna blind sheep
If it helps I'm aboard the "Oath dead" express.
yeah okay idk about Oath anymore
Cliff Notes:
- Basically all of Ender's reads have been right so far, and he also called out Tessa and Ribbit being w/w before anyone else, so he could've been killed for that rather than his reads on alive players
- That said, all his reads were right so far. So like... I wanna follow them LOL
- Good look for Jacob (and I)
- Implicates Oath a bit, Ender really wanted him for a while

okay I was about to look over Dan's but he has ten pages... umm... I'm just gonna take his most recent reads, from D4

Im beginning to believe your town, but I need you to see me for me I am. Look deep inside
In regardless to the PoE of the 5 Tessa votes: I think the wolves are more likely to be in Annika and Ness. I just dont think it’s Ribbit and Jacob comes off at more town here.
Annika's biggest red read being me without explaining much behind it besides bad vibes and her other kill choice being Geoni (which is just a policy kill) is so meh I feel like she's trying not to cross hairs rn

@Trundle Is Geoni at risk of a mod kill for not posting or voting?
Oath has been even more quiet today but I still think the interaction with Ness who wanted to kill him is genuine. The offer to kill Ness to test the hero role is pretty bold and i don’t think a maf oath trying to coast would say something like that
Geoni can be mafia by pure PoE but that reasoning itself is kinda lame. But I’ve already stated that the whole catching up behavior from EoD was super unproductive and he might do something similar to that today
Cliff Notes:
- He had a TR on Jacob
- It looks like he actually townleaned Oath
- Thought Geoni could be mafia but also mentioned it wasn't his first preference
- Kinda wolfread me but sorta had a hard time reading me in general

okay I'll check Ness' reads in a sec but I saw Geoni post

I was planning on checking the flips and posting tonight but thank god I checked it earlier. Not a hige fan of the shortened phase as someone with a busy lives. We sign up for games with an understanding that the host will consistently stick to the phase lengths and EoD times @Trundle .

I wasn't as confident about Tessa as I was about Ribbot so that's pretty satisfying that my two strongest early game wolfreads were wolves. Volt would have to be playing an insane towncred strategy to be winning as a wolf here so at lunch I am going to focus my time Jacob and Annika ISOS because I read Oath's ISO last phase. He's not wholly out of my PoE here but I still enjoyed the uncertainty/tone/engagement against anti-town play.

I ddon't have a wall lol I was just hoping to bait a kill on me lol. I got a solid path for victory I'll present this phase though. Great job btw Volt and honestly Dan you helped this game a lot by being towny and just being sane with your CC jsyk.
lol this is kinda townie

I'm interested in hearing about your Oath read more though

At this point it's just PoE, I don't think it's him but I'm thinking of worst case scenario

My ideal order is Jacob goes first, then Oath, maybe Annika if it gets to that point. If it's you I accept defeat.
hmmm yeah he trusted Geoni

Last edited:
because he said "kill me if ribbit flips town"
and i really don't see a bussing thing going on here
hmmm...?

tbh rereading EoD idk why I thought Ribbit was town, I just realized if she can be kinged consecutively then she could just claim D1 and confirm herself with no repercussions

that's unrelated I just thought about it as I was looking over posts from Tessa lol

anyway she spends a lot of EoD just trying to convince people not to vote Volt and vote Jacob instead
which is um
tbh as I'm rereading EoD I'm kinda reconsidering if Jacob is just mafia bc they both seemed weirdly insistent on him being king specifically but idk help
this could also just be Tessa taking advantage of the situation but it's bothering me as I'm reading through
isn't ness a pr?
tbh i'm a fan of later-game policy kills, i feel like i emphasized that d1. about how i didn't wanna kill the less active posters early on, but now it's time. nothing geoni has given has helped me read him or anyone else and i think he should go is all
I know I was pushing Geoni at the same time, but this is probably a good look for him lol
maybe a lighter read though

the narrative that mafia could somehow win if they got kinged that day kinda makes sense

Ribbit claimed a role that would out her as soon as she got one kill off, when she wasn't even in any danger

Tessa and Jacob both desperately wanted Jacob to be kinged after the claim as well

eh... mmmmmmm....
I'll keep reading

life lifed but i'm really not wanting to read 5 pages rn!

from all of my now outdated knowledge i think we should kill geoni or oath
oh uh
hmM
she suggests Geoni later too
does anyone have meta on her to know if she would suggest one of her teammates be killed?

Last edited:
ugh. I can't put my foot down and just say "this person is town for sure" for anyone,,,,

I still think Jacob looks good from legacies and his pushes but the narrative where he's mafia also makes a lot of sense to me

Tessa never wanted to kill Ribbit so based on one partner she seems like more of a powerwolf
but ik a lot of ppl that defend one teammate and bus the other

mmm but like...mhmhmvhmhvmhgmh

I am at the bus stop in the rain atm. Vibes

Gunna look through stuff when I get home particularly to see how Tessa/Ribbit were interacting with geoni/oath/annika

Honestly a couple of things I’m reading from annika I’m kinda like… I don’t really get why you’re realising this stuff now and not earlier, particularly the stuff irt ribbit which is giving me some paranoia rn, ugh I hate lategame lol

Part of me wants to just say trust my instinct on annika cuz in the pat that has been right for me but at the same time I don’t super know annika capacity for longer length games

Back