• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mafia The Quest for King - Mafia | Game Thread | GAME OVER

Code word interactions? I remember ribbot having a strange pathologist code word justification but how was volt interacting with that?
me and dan exchanged coded messages for a bit. he softed to me that he was doctor on d2 by using honkai star rail cryptic language lol
Post automatically merged:

It probably would have been smart if we kinged Dan lol roleblocker wasn't going to live forever
it is smarter in hindsight but we werent sure the cc was true lol

Code word interactions? I remember ribbot having a strange pathologist code word justification but how was volt interacting with that?
So here's the scoop. Volt and Damniel are Genshin Impact nerds. Daniel cleverly told Volt that he was the doctor by using the word for "healing" that they do in Genshin. Volt picked up on that, and Daniel didn't die on D3 morning.

Because it's been discussed elsewhere.

There are currently 10 people still alive.

Assume for this sake that Ness is in fact Hero and kills the King that kills him. Assume for this sake that Jacob is town.

Mafia will not kill Ness, obviously, because he is the King-Kill target. They will find another target. That is three town members dead. Seven people alive.

It is assumed that there are three mafia members for this game (5 town to 1 mafia member ratio seems like a fair ratio).

So of those seven people, with three mafia, four town, we would have to King-Kill mafia tomorrow, because if we kill town, we lose.
Didn't find what I was looking for but this feels like someone who ain't entirely informed so I'm inclined to give it some townpoints. Not entirely unfakeable but I like posts like these.

So here's the scoop. Volt and Damniel are Genshin Impact nerds. Daniel cleverly told Volt that he was the doctor by using the word for "healing" that they do in Genshin. Volt picked up on that, and Daniel didn't die on D3 morning.
That's crazy. Next time I play (probably never) I'm going to soft cop by calling myself pikachu.

@voltairenism The most important thing you'll need to consider for Day 5 is Tessa's D2 EoD!! She made multiple ISO's on Oath; you'll need to determine whether she was doing that as a last ditch bus or as an attempt to get townie points

I feel like we far enough in the game that we shouldn't rely on gut reads

yeah, there's a good point in that, I'm just anxious to kill off some mafia. but I want us to feel confident in who king kills today so that we don't have to worry about kat mod kill
If it isn't locked in yet that Tessa is 1000% mafia, she subtly tried to prevent me from killing Ribbit here, and then went on to awkwardly push Ribbit for king on D2.

Oath iso yippee
(Also off topic but kat i will answer your questions in due time dw)
P#39 weird opener but i wont take much from it. Beginning of day is a lot of humor
P#142 early trent-oath interaction. Could be the start of a pocket, especially since trent’s game so far has been null asf. Biggest thing that stood out to me was the “especially since we can’t afford to lose town this early” because it makes no sense. This is the ONLY time that losing town won’t greatly impact us. The agreement to trent’s statement was poorly justified.
P#185 “I wouldn’t say i’m joke posting”
….
P#189 leans a lot more towny for me… i feel like recognizing that one’s take might not be entirely true/justified and then to publicly say that is pretty town-oriented thinking.
Posts that are weird and don’t really contribute to the game at all in a way that is towny: P#223 , P#422 , P#542 (justification and then a quick backoff from the ness hate)
P#571 one of two questions so far that is seeming to get answers not about himself.
Oath defending himself posts: P#612, P#625 P#628 (which actually is a bit better because the point stood pretty well) P#649, P#721
P#631 is like a meld of the two questions trying to get answers and questions defending himself. I do like that he’s staying strong in his first take because i feel like he backed off after earlier comments, this time he stuck to it.
P#703 another weird emotional pocket with trent- also oath was hating on meta earlier and pulls up with meta to defend himself? Weird.
P#730 nice a readslist! (with the main trs at the time as town and a few maf without any justification hmmm….)
P#773 actually very bold because if he does flip mafia that would mean good things for town.

Anyways over all take is null-maf leaning. I really want to agree that he’s a townie omgussing but truly i’ve seen just about nothing get done and no wolfhunting from him. Just a lot of spew.

sorry that i can't link the posts, womp womp womp
fr though i'll see if i can repost this with the links before EoD
this is THE post to glean information from, alongside anything that follows it. go forward my champion!

What's your case on Oath Ness? Curious about it cause I'm skimming his ISO and still don't feel that bad about it if I'm being honest.

@voltairenism The most important thing you'll need to consider for Day 5 is Tessa's D2 EoD!! She made multiple ISO's on Oath; you'll need to determine whether she was doing that as a last ditch bus or as an attempt to get townie points

If it isn't locked in yet that Tessa is 1000% mafia, she subtly tried to prevent me from killing Ribbit here, and then went on to awkwardly push Ribbit for king on D2.

this is THE post to glean information from, alongside anything that follows it. go forward my champion!
1713307387281.jpeg

What's your case on Oath Ness? Curious about it cause I'm skimming his ISO and still don't feel that bad about it if I'm being honest.
At this point it's just PoE, I don't think it's him but I'm thinking of worst case scenario

My ideal order is Jacob goes first, then Oath, maybe Annika if it gets to that point. If it's you I accept defeat.

Personally I think Tessa was just subliminally cement to me that I should kill Oath, which imo points to him being town.

At this point it's just PoE, I don't think it's him but I'm thinking of worst case scenario

My ideal order is Jacob goes first, then Oath, maybe Annika if it gets to that point. If it's you I accept defeat.

Personally I think Tessa was just subliminally cement to me that I should kill Oath, which imo points to him being town.
Ngl both Jacob and Tessa being kinda quiet is probably inflaming my theory that the rest of the team kinda outed themselves EoD yesterday and needed me to stay on Jacob while getting just one more Jacob King vote.

1713307606411.png

you are my sleep paralysis demon

Like I'm just saying, I don't have a doubt in my mind that Jacob was never in a million years actually going to kill me as the king. I think this was the ideal plan:

He started Day 3 deadset on it being me, realized the gravity of what would happen if he committed to me, and then pivoted to Tessa to try and make himself king for the rest of the game. When this appeared to be failing, Ribbit made her claim to try and regain control to either king Jacob or herself. Dan makes his claim and then it all falls apart.

Maybe the key to all this is looking at the time stamps of when Jacob's campaign for king fell apart in relation to Ribbit's softs and exact claim timing.

Ngl both Jacob and Tessa being kinda quiet is probably inflaming my theory that the rest of the team kinda outed themselves EoD yesterday and needed me to stay on Jacob while getting just one more Jacob King vote.
sighs if thats the case can we get out, pls surrender

you are my sleep paralysis demon

Like I'm just saying, I don't have a doubt in my mind that Jacob was never in a million years actually going to kill me as the king. I think this was the ideal plan:

He started Day 3 deadset on it being me, realized the gravity of what would happen if he committed to me, and then pivoted to Tessa to try and make himself king for the rest of the game. When this appeared to be failing, Ribbit made her claim to try and regain control to either king Jacob or herself. Dan makes his claim and then it all falls apart.

Maybe the key to all this is looking at the time stamps of when Jacob's campaign for king fell apart in relation to Ribbit's softs and exact claim timing.
yeah like i said before prob only the tessa case could get us pocketed

using this forum on a school computer makes me kinda nostalgic
Using forums in general is nostalgic, discord skype and telegram ruined internet culture.

As it stands now, I think Tessa is most likely to be mafia. That cop claim came outta nowhere, way after it was possible to change the #VoteVolt campaign. The thing that's nagging at me, though, is that it just seems so OBVIOUS. Like it just seems like such a blatant attempt to get the vote off of Volt and save Ribbit. It has me second-guessing.

But until she logs on and talks, it's not enough to make me be against killing her.
I can kinda see it here

Gl have fun all that etc etc

Back