Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
White Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
questforking_header-png.549372
DRAMA in the Mushroom Kingdom has led Princess Peach to resign from her post. The Koopa Bros. are back to their mischief again! Democracy is a foreign concept to most of the residents; they decided to place a call for help. Who will reign over the Mushroom Kingdom in this trying time?!

The game starts April 5th at 7pm Eastern Time.

DAY 1
NIGHT 1
DAY 2
NIGHT 2
DAY 3

NIGHT 3
DAY 4
NIGHT 4
DAY 5
NIGHT 5
DAY 6
END GAME

The Quest for King
is a Kingmaker-like mafia game. Instead of an individual kingmaker role, the players will vote on their king each day, who will then choose who to eliminate during the night. The king is immune to being killed during the night, but is not immune to other actions.

Setup
- The minimum player count for this game is 10.
- The days will initially be 48 hours long, and the nights will be 24 hours long. This may be adjusted as the game progresses.
- You are not permitted to communicate outside of the thread this game, unless otherwise specified in your role.
- Replacements will be permitted before Day 2 begins, and only with a valid excuse. Inactivity will be punishable by death otherwise.
- Voting goes by plurality. You may not vote for yourself. In the event of a tie, a previously crowned king takes priority. If there is no previously crowned king, then the king will be selected randomly.

Sign-Ups
1. ribbitribbon Framer (Killed N3)
2. ShinyDungeoneer Buccaneer (Killed N1)
3. annika Townie (Killed N6)
4. Jacob4 Roleblocker (Killed N5)
5. Damniel Doctor (Killed N3)
6. Geoni
7. Gabby Replaced by EnderWiggin Townie (Killed N2)
8. Chris Tracker (Killed N1)
9. tessa grace Goon (Killed N4)
10. voltairenism
11. arstotzkan Jester (Mod-killed D3)
12. oath2order Mason (Killed N5)
13. Trent the Paladin Cop (Killed N2)
14. N e s s Hero (Killed N4)

Rules

Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information (i.e. a detective's results).
2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.
6. Getting yourself mod-killed to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
8. Offering favors/items/bells outside of the game for in-game information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
11. Posting a false PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake role-claim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.

YOU MAY ONLY COPY AND PASTE TEXT FOR USE AS EVIDENCE. POSTING SCREENSHOTS OR ANY OTHER NON-TEXT EVIDENCE IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS EVIDENCE THAT IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE FOR ALL PLAYERS TO CHECK (eg. post counts in a thread). IT IS BEST IF YOU CHECK WITH ME FIRST.

Activity:

You must contribute one substantial post at least once every two day phases. This means that if you only make one post, it needs to be more substantial than simply saying "I agree" or "RIP". If you post multiple times, this rule may may be less strict. Please be on your best behavior during this game to avoid being banned.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed under any normal circumstances and can only be done under the orders of TBT staff. Unapproved editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be mod-killed.

Inappropriate posts:
Mafia games can get heated and emotional. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia stays in Mafia.

Play to win.
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game.

The Bell Tree Rules and Guidelines:
All players must comply with the rules and guidelines of the larger TBT forum. TBT moderators can step in at any time if forum rules have been broken. For more information please see the rules and guidelines thread. Furthermore, the Cellar has its own specific rules and guidelines that you should read here before playing the game. For any questions and concerns please contact a staff member.

Last edited:
DAY 1
FEAR is prevalent in Toad Town as the Ninjakoopas have been terrorizing residents - but overnight, they seem to have disappeared. After Princess Peach’s resignation, the residents of town called out for help far and wide, and it seems that curious characters are starting to arrive from all over!

Amongst frantic town meetings, people claim they see a suspicious figure in the corner of their eye, or a shifty look on someone’s face. Toad Town, nay, the Mushroom Kingdom needs a leader, and fast!

The Quest for King is a Kingmaker game with a twist - instead of a Kingmaker role, the town votes on the King. During the day, players cast their votes, and then the King performs the elimination during the night.

The King is immune to death during the night. After the night, the King is reset, and the process starts over. The town may choose to re-elect a King as many times as they wish.

Voting is plurality. You may not vote for yourself. You may only change your vote once per day. Whoever has the most votes by the end of the day will be elected King. In the event of a tie, the most recently crowned King between the tied players will be re-crowned. If there is no recently crowned King in the group, then it will be decided at random.

Voting Thread: https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/the-quest-for-king-voting.627926/

No outside-of-thread communication is allowed unless specifically mentioned in your role.

Day 1 has begun. You have 48 hours to vote for the King!

Last edited:
I am not campaigning for king, I'd rather watch that happen. Besides, I would be a terrible king lol

If we had voted you king, do you think you would vote for a person, or vote for no death?
Hmm... honestly it depends on situation. If I have no suspicions, then no death vote. If I do have suspicions and substantial evidence against that person, I'll vote for a person.

OH YEAH, WHAT'S UP MAFIOSOS AND MAFIASAS AND MAFINBYS? I'm here throwing my hat into the day one ring, make me king! But TomTrent, why should we do that? I'm glad you asked peasant! If made king, I will do one of two things, heavily weighted in the no island removal category while the tiny less weighted side of me thinks it'd be funny if I just chose someone at random (like say Oath) and had them mad at me the rest of the game for their early demise. But TrentTom, that's not compelling! To that I say what else do you want? At most we fish for information about our opponents by removing a night kill, at worst you all dislike me as we go into day two! But Tom the Warrior, this is a closed setup we should be fishing for information anyways? What are you, my boss? It's day one I'm here to relax before we all hunch over and ummmm ackthully each other and bring out the crayola coloring list of yarn theories.

Truly, voting for I, Trent the Paladin, would be good for us all! And selfishly allow me to actually play one of these rps I sign up for but then get cast off day one for the wrong thing of "why should we evict someone day one when nothing has happened other than last hour panic?". With hearts full of love for your fellow Toad, vote me. xoxo <3

I think I’d be a good king
Post automatically merged:

I’m feeling kinda sad rn, my first instinct was to ##VOTE: Damniel for an elim but I can’t do that :(

historical Trent always pushes no elimination but I am always in favor of early bloodshed so that’s a no from me

OH YEAH, WHAT'S UP MAFIOSOS AND MAFIASAS AND MAFINBYS? I'm here throwing my hat into the day one ring, make me king! But TomTrent, why should we do that? I'm glad you asked peasant! If made king, I will do one of two things, heavily weighted in the no island removal category while the tiny less weighted side of me thinks it'd be funny if I just chose someone at random (like say Oath) and had them mad at me the rest of the game for their early demise. But TrentTom, that's not compelling! To that I say what else do you want? At most we fish for information about our opponents by removing a night kill, at worst you all dislike me as we go into day two! But Tom the Warrior, this is a closed setup we should be fishing for information anyways? What are you, my boss? It's day one I'm here to relax before we all hunch over and ummmm ackthully each other and bring out the crayola coloring list of yarn theories.

Truly, voting for I, Trent the Paladin, would be good for us all! And selfishly allow me to actually play one of these rps I sign up for but then get cast off day one for the wrong thing of "why should we evict someone day one when nothing has happened other than last hour panic?". With hearts full of love for your fellow Toad, vote me. xoxo <3
I MADE A TYPO, RUN THE MEME POST BACK 😞

@N e s s you'd remove dan?

I think it would be best that I am king. It would be one of the best plays for town

Do you think it would be a bad idea?
pack it up we got one, look at that early distancing

Back