Mafia The Quest for King - Mafia | Game Thread | GAME OVER

i love when it gets to this gamestate. chatting in thread

ig without tessa here there isnt much to do besides waiting. if she flips mafia great we will search for the last one(s). if not we put the tinfoil hat on tomorrow
There’s a small fraction of me that believes Jacob is a method actor, and another fraction that questions why we’re all townreading Geoni exactly

And then I question whether Oath has defeated me through the power of doing nothing
Post automatically merged:

She said nah

Waiting for my daily Geoni wall post to brighten my day 🤭

There’s a small fraction of me that believes Jacob is a method actor, and another fraction that questions why we’re all townreading Geoni exactly

And then I question whether Oath has defeated me through the power of doing nothing

She said nah

Waiting for my daily Geoni wall post to brighten my day 🤭

I don't get it, how does she have a point with "nah"?

Same with Geoni, primarily because that would be some content.

Why?

if you have thoughts, something we need to know about volt or a potential better candidate for mafia, now is a great time to share.
no i agree with killing tessa and kinging volt
my thoughts are unrelated, about the 3rd maf
but they might just die tonight so…

Ew I have like ten minutes for this phase but I see red so that's bueno. EoD was interesting in that it seemed like there was no real Dan vs ribbot stances going on with pretty much everyone on Dan's side. I get the impression that ribbot might have just not expected the counterclaim being so identical flavor wise and it blew some sort of lid on mafias plans with it and they all just bussed them. Jacob being so obsessed with being kinged over Volt became kind of icky like volt was just gonna kill ribbot so why did it really matter who was going to do it? And then Tessa (who I've been had some sus on) promoting it out of the blue I think they like outed themselves lmao. If yall are the team can you just forfeit so I don't have to keep playing this game I regretted signing up for? Outside of those two the only fringe alternative for me is Oath I guess. If it's Ness his claim has to be some next level reverse psych 'maf would never make a claim like this' kind of move.

@voltairenism who do you want to king more out of Ness, Oath, or *bats eyelashes* little old me?

Ew I have like ten minutes for this phase but I see red so that's bueno. EoD was interesting in that it seemed like there was no real Dan vs ribbot stances going on with pretty much everyone on Dan's side. I get the impression that ribbot might have just not expected the counterclaim being so identical flavor wise and it blew some sort of lid on mafias plans with it and they all just bussed them. Jacob being so obsessed with being kinged over Volt became kind of icky like volt was just gonna kill ribbot so why did it really matter who was going to do it? And then Tessa (who I've been had some sus on) promoting it out of the blue I think they like outed themselves lmao. If yall are the team can you just forfeit so I don't have to keep playing this game I regretted signing up for? Outside of those two the only fringe alternative for me is Oath I guess. If it's Ness his claim has to be some next level reverse psych 'maf would never make a claim like this' kind of move.

@voltairenism who do you want to king more out of Ness, Oath, or *bats eyelashes* little old me?
funny question bc i just voted oath haha. just bc i dont think there will be any votes there

Oh and I am mostly cool with Annika except I hated her sort of low hanging fruit approach to wanting me dead before the counterclaim situation last phase. Out of everyone though I want to vote with Volt, Annika, and Ness.

They say you can see a light when you’re on death’s door, from my eyes the light looks more radiantly beautiful with each passing hour

funny question bc i just voted oath haha. just bc i dont think there will be any votes there
Oath vs Annika vs Ness king for my vote. I'd probably say my preference is Ness > Oath or Annika. If you want to know why it's still mostly the vibe check lol

There's no rule about crowning the previous king is there?

Gotta go but I might have a few when waiting for my haircut.

anni look at it from this perspective: what would killing geoni tell us?

the push right now is for information, and if there’s another potential mafia who’s interacted and has more information to give at their death, we should go for them

i mean i don't know what it'd tell us, i just want to kill a wolf

my method of play is to, like, measure everyone by how townie they are and kill the least townie one

i don't think geoni has been very townie at all. ofc he's not contributed much, but what contribution he does have doesn't really inspire hope to me

i still think tessa/ness are somewhat townie even though i'm reconsidering my reads on them...

maybe it would be better if they were mafia and we would be able to glean more, but i personally think geoni has the highest chance of being red
(well actually i think dan does, but i don't wanna kill dan if no one else wants me to lol)

that makes sense i can see your thought process

in that case who did you want to king?

general consensus of the town is leaning into them
@voltairenism how real or fake do you think this exchange between Ribbit and Annika is? Annika’s first message feels genuine

even if geoni is town i don’t think we lose anything by voting him (which ftr i do not, geoni hasn’t even seem that interested in the game and his reads aren’t reflecting him trying to actively scumhunt)
This gives me like 60% confidence that Geoni really is town

i agree with tessa here:

everyone has been (for the most part) universally tring them and they have been tring each other. there could definitely be a maf in there we could miss.
Oh my goodness gracious, she was definitely trying to bus Tessa 👁️👁️

sure, in particular i find these two lines to be what make me think that:

tessa avoiding answering both makes me think one of these is a bus— from mafia games i’ve played on other sites i’ve noticed 9 times out of 10 the town is a little more desperate to prove themselves; on the other hand the mafia try to separate themselves from their team mates. i also might be being paranoid, but arstozkan seemed a little eager to jump on ness’ read.

atm, i have a hard townread on damniel, but i think someone like volt or trent would be a more interesting king pick. i’ll think more on today before deciding who to vote.
Well I think things definitely come full circle with this post in the beginning lol, she herself was trying to distance from Tessa 😓

Food for thought: Ribbit has interacted the following players:

Geoni: 2-3 interactions
Jacob: 2-3 interactions at EoD 3 (she proposed kinging Jacob on Day 2 in an Ender interaction)
Annika: Multiple interactions and mentions throughout the thread
Oath: Zero interactions (barring Ribbit mentioning Oath coming across as “disinterested town” that everyone dogpiled on)

Tessa: zero interactions lmao

Volt I’m gonna be real I have no clue how you should proceed after this phase but I do think you should try and glean information from Tessa’s interactions assuming her high probability of flipping red. The truth is somewhere in the middle here.

To me, the most likely scenario is that it’s just Jacob and he’s really good at pulling out the emotional beats. On the other hand I think I should have stuck to my gut about killing Oath. And on my third hand I think Annika has managed to seep through the cracks.

Maybe look to see if mafia were worried about trying to save Oath and suggested other targets?

@Trundle Will any player that doesn’t vote this phase be modkilled? (Example: Tessa)

Last edited:
Back