• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

☞ !The Miscellaneous! ☜

Status
Not open for further replies.
But being a vegetarian means your eating a dead plant, does it not?:rolleyes:

#plantlivesmatter

plants aren't hung upside down with their throats slit and mocked and made an embarrassment of. I'd rather eat a ''dead'' plant then eat something that used to walk and talk XD

yes!! It's one of the best decisions I've made tbh :') It feels great knowing you're not eating a dead animal
#meatismurder #morrissey lol

Hahaha agreed. My main motives were my personal health (which has certainly improved) and the environment-- vegetarians have a much smaller carbon footprint than meat eaters. I love animals too though ^_^

Go for it! I recommend transitioning slowly. First cut out red meats, then cut out turkey and chicken, and lastly cut out fish. It's easier than going cold turkey (pun intended). If you need some inspiration I could recommend you some documentaries to watch, people don't really realize just how damaging the animal agriculture truly is until you look at it up close

Then don't eat from places that hoard cows in factories where they can never see the light. That actually makes the meat taste terrible, anyways. You can go to a local grocer that raises livestock in your area, and maybe even go visit their animals at the farm and see how well they're doing.

The truth is that many people claim that all large corporations treat their animals poorly, when this is not the case. Take it from farmers all across the US to tell you that they raise their animals with everything they need. They never abuse their animals. Companies can get into serious trouble for abusing animals. And many people rely on animal agriculture and livestock for an income, so by convincing people that animal agriculture is bad, that may make some people lose their jobs.

I don't want to come across as mean or anything, but being a vegetarian isn't really any better than being an omnivore. It's just a choice some people make. Sometimes because they can't eat certain types of meat. I planned on going vegetarian once, when I thought that animals were tortured for their food, but I see it like this: as long as you appreciate what you eat and aren't a jerk about it, then eating another animal is okay. At least they're not alive!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

plants aren't hung upside down with their throats slit and mocked and made an embarrassment of. I'd rather eat a ''dead'' plant then eat something that used to walk and talk XD

most people don't mock nor embarrass their animals.

And plants are torn from their roots or stems and cut up into chunks or squeezed until there's nothing left. That sounds pretty brutal to me...

Last edited:
Then don't eat from places that hoard cows in factories where they can never see the light. That actually makes the meat taste terrible, anyways. You can go to a local grocer that raises livestock in your area, and maybe even go visit their animals at the farm and see how well they're doing.

The truth is that many people claim that all large corporations treat their animals poorly, when this is not the case. Take it from farmers all across the US to tell you that they raise their animals with everything they need. They never abuse their animals. Companies can get into serious trouble for abusing animals. And many people rely on animal agriculture and livestock for an income, so by convincing people that animal agriculture is bad, that may make some people lose their jobs.

I don't want to come across as mean or anything, but being a vegetarian isn't really any better than being an omnivore. It's just a choice some people make. Sometimes because they can't eat certain types of meat. It's I planned on going vegetarian once, when I thought that animals were tortured for their food, but I see it like this: as long as you appreciate what you eat and aren't a jerk about it, then eating another animal is okay. At least they're not alive!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

And plants are torn from their roots or stems and cut up into chunks or squeezed until there's nothing left. That sounds pretty brutal to me...

This isn't Brewster's Caf?. No need to be that serious. lol

I don't want to come across as mean or anything, but being a vegetarian isn't really any better than being an omnivore. It's just a choice some people make. Sometimes because they can't eat certain types of meat. It's I planned on going vegetarian once, when I thought that animals were tortured for their food, but I see it like this: as long as you appreciate what you eat and aren't a jerk about it, then eating another animal is okay. At least they're not alive!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Agree to disagree :) I have no personal issues with people who eat meat, but being a vegetarian is, I believe, substantially better for the environment. I think that buying your animal products from a local farmer is a fantastic idea! I actually buy my eggs from a small farm in my community :) each person should do their own research and make the best decision for themselves. I don't feel worried about people losing jobs in the animal agriculture industry because for every meat product I don't eat, I eat something else--obviously my personal purchases don't make a difference but if you apply this to a larger scale, jobs would be created in other food industries.

Agree to disagree :) I have no personal issues with people who eat meat, but being a vegetarian is, I believe, substantially better for the environment. I think that buying your animal products from a local farmer is a fantastic idea! I actually buy my eggs from a small farm in my community :) each person should do their own research and make the best decision for themselves. I don't feel worried about people losing jobs in the animal agriculture industry because for every meat product I don't eat, I eat something else--obviously my personal purchases don't make a difference but if you apply this to a larger scale, jobs would be created in other food industries.

Of course. There are pros and there are cons.

I think those places you described that "mock" their animals seriously need to get out.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This isn't Brewster's Caf?. No need to be that serious. lol

I know I went totally overboard there lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

If it makes anyone feel better... here's a lemon.:lemon:
lemon.jpg

That actually wasn't me haha but I think by abusing them they sort of make a mockery of them. I can see how someone would think that.

Omg I love lemons. I peel them and eat them like oranges. It's obliterated the enamel on my teeth.

I see that the votes for villager/song of the week are going...

I guess I'll vote All Star by Smash Mouth again just because it'd be really funny to see that...

For villager, since someone already voted Phoebe...Er...I don't know, I'll have to think about it.

(Also, please excuse my absence recently, I've had the flu really bad and now a load of other problems are arising...But then again my presence really doesn't matter so...yeah. :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.