• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mafia The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Mafia: Endgame MAFIA WINS

I think Dolby was justified in thinking that Evan had slipped up as he used to play on Epicmafia, and the term for veteran there is bulletproof. 'Veteran' has become a normal term too, like if someone were to claim 'Healer' and not doctor, there would definitely be attention brought to them , and more rush and panic if it's in the last hour of day, which is sort of just what happened.

Bulletproof has been used on TBT before.

I am all over the place with my reads. That list from earlier? Practically shattered in light of a lot of things.

So what I think would be more productive is to begin collecting all of the alignments that have developed over the game.

Evan vs Dolby

Criticized by Dolby early game especially 'in light of recent events' in that one post where he had Karen and Evan as his scumleans. Then backed off him and went after Zendel with some questioning and posted a couple of smaller reads, then hopped on the Evan wagon. I townread him and then buckled in to the bandwagon because I felt very uncertain about Aron after their townie roleclaim and in general I feel that when I'm town, mafia will take advantage of my strongheadedness and support me if I townread them.

Chick vs Evan - of all the people who participated and posted a lot in those last few hours of the day seemed one of the most enthusiastic

Chick vs Kit - if I'm remembering correctly Chick scumleaned Kit

Me vs Aron - my largest day 1 campaign, they're kinda pushed back from scumlean to slight slight scumlean/null though

Cleb vs Zendel - was a thing early game

Dolby vs Karen - has been an ongoing thing

Dolby vs Dan - iirc!

Dan vs Karen - has been the bane of this game, especially early on

glow vs Dolby - scumread them based on his reads and how he seemed worried about how people see him, and for other reasons

Kit vs me - all I remember about Kit is they just randomly popped in, said they didn't trust me as scum based on bad vibes

bianca...not vs anybody but protected by a couple: Dolby, Aron, and others I need to look back at

I think somone else was vs Zendel as well but I need to look back.

There's more I'll add to later but I thought it prudent to set a list up for the sake of keeping track

Bulletproof has been used on TBT before.

Yeah, it has but
1. It's Evan's native terminology (this would apply to pretty much only him)
2. Toads used vet in all his past games
3. I think that bulletproof is exceedingly rare

Making some cliff note reads

Dolby I'm starting to feel worse and worse about Karen as the game goes on but you've given me a lot of bad vibes in the things you've done so far, and since I think scum could very well be between the two of you given that, I definitely wouldn't mind some updated thoughts on Karen.

dudes

let me clarify something (aka @heyden)

i was null on evan for the longest time like idk i didnt pay much attention to him at first

then the slip thing occured so i offered my thoughts on that

and then a huge wagon piles up on evan and i was like tf ok wait what stop hold up esp since people i sussed started joining

then i was like k whatever maybe theyre right

then evan made his last few posts and then i was like no wait hes town and then he said he wasnt one shot then iw as like jk maybe hes scum

so tldr i was unsure on the entire thing but my sole reason for thinking he might be town was bcuz i scumread ppl who read the wagons

dudes

i was null on evan for the longest time like idk i didnt pay much attention to him at first

and then a huge wagon piles up on evan and i was like tf ok wait what stop hold up esp since people i sussed started joining

then evan made his last few posts and then i was like no wait hes town and then he said he wasnt one shot then iw as like jk maybe hes scum

so tldr i was unsure on the entire thing but my sole reason for thinking he might be town was bcuz i scumread ppl who read the wagons
Well who weren't you null on? All I remember you doing day 1 was tunnelling Daniel for a joke or something, don't recall any other town/scum leans

lolwat

Dolby I'm starting to feel worse and worse about Karen as the game goes on but you've given me a lot of bad vibes in the things you've done so far, and since I think scum could very well be between the two of you given that, I definitely wouldn't mind some updated thoughts on Karen.

Iirc, as town she jumped onTom for a similar slip to what Evan did in OW with the rest of us. I her backing off Evan was an attempt to gain towncrwd. Moreover, I stand by my earlier assessment that she's trying to imitate her town play

That was your sole reason though? And that's why you decided to lay back?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well who weren't you null on? All I remember you doing day 1 was tunnelling Daniel for a joke or something, don't recall any other town/scum leans

glow I believe, and somebody else

dudes

Don't like this.

It is so easy for scum to hold off voting for someone, especially if they think majority is guaranteed, in order to look like a good guy after the fact. I don't know if this is what's happening here but it is also something that came to my mind while reading up.

Dad - I'm sure I'll find explanation for it somewhere in the thread, but seeing as you're here: what was the reason for the vote switch from Aron to Evan?

Dad - I'm sure I'll find explanation for it somewhere in the thread, but seeing as you're here: what was the reason for the vote switch from Aron to Evan?

Ness made some good points against him, I thought there might have been something to the terminology switch on toad's part between veteran and bulletproof, and he was making some illogical reads against Aron that didn't make sense, especially since it seemed like their claim was the only thing that made them scumlean Aron when they scumleaned Aron for other stuff before (and even voted Aron with me). That and I felt like he could have been taking advantage of the fact that I announced him as my first and strongest townread because people have done that to me before.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Anyways, looking back at Kit, I should add that Kit was also anti-Evan but never clarified those reads. And that's the last time they posted. Also someone pointed out that they'd visited the forum after that too so I feel uneasy about Kit.

Ok before bed

Townlock: Ness and Aron, these should be townlocks for everybody. Act to confirm each other.
Fleshy: imo, Fleshy was kinda weak EOD, but really it's because he was faced with two slips from a townlock

Townleans: Chick: I really doubt that Chick would put this level of effort in as scum
Bianca: More of a gut read than anything, but I don't think she'd suggest 3 scum as maf (unless this is exactly like oath's game (mm3) where there were 3 maf and each counted for one KP, the blood moon is time and we have something like 5 days to find them all)
Dad: Pretty much the sole person to keep the game going early on
Heyden: this is by far my weakest, but I've see more than a couple of things where he comments exactly what I'm thinking before he has the chance

Having a hard time ordering the other 10, but here we go

Null: Tina: In inclined to townlean her Purely because she recognizes how obvious town Ness is, but she hasn't provided enough for me to get a decent read that's representative of her play so far
Zendal: Zendal hasn't been Around to provide meaningful interactions recently, but I feel like he has some town parity due to the fact that Cleb felt the need to call him out over his sus which honestly could just be attributed to it being D1
Glow: is honestly confusing to me right now, but I don't like how she was absent from arguably the most meaningful hour of the day, and being active right before it started, and right after it ended.
Dan/Bowie: him v Kermit looks good for him

Scums: Jacob: not a fan of the inactivity or lack of reads, but he's the one I'm most inclined to move to null
Oath2order: you either committed to not giving a crap (this is admittedly likely) or are scum. Thinking the later is likely because you entered SOLELY to berate us over lynching a blue.
Kit: She does not look good, came in, provided two reads, Evan reminded me of what she did to Glow in scummies, but I remembered a good tell for her was to see if she tunneled. We know that she's going to be "very surprised now"
Kermir: detailed in earlier post
Cleb: Maybe it's solely because he's not here, and it could easily be that he has a worse situation than me, but he's just coasting through

Gonna sleep, you have 10 minutes to ask me to elaborate

Ness made some good points against him, I thought there might have been something to the terminology switch on toad's part between veteran and bulletproof, and he was making some illogical reads against Aron that didn't make sense, especially since it seemed like their claim was the only thing that made them scumlean Aron when they scumleaned Aron for other stuff before (and even voted Aron with me). That and I felt like he could have been taking advantage of the fact that I announced him as my first and strongest townread because people have done that to me before.

Thank you for explaining!

Are you referring to #808 or something else?

#808 explains probably the top reasons I sussed Kermit, his play seems like a weak impersonation of his townplay, and he was weak on Evan vs stronger on Tom facing similar scenarios. There is also the vote on Dan, which I thought I had included but apparently didn't (and really, it ties into her play being a facsimile)

at this point idrc if you like it or not because that's what actually happened and I'm not going to bs anything to make myself appear more towny to get the sus off me if you wanna sus me for how I'm playing then go ahead and you'll just see after the game ends

- - - Post Merge - - -

dude literally if you read back you'll see what I mean

- - - Post Merge - - -

That was your sole reason though? And that's why you decided to lay back?

- - - Post Merge - - -

glow I believe, and somebody else

yes that was my only reason

I had glow kit dan and someone else maybe? forgot then also started feeling not good about dolby sometime close to eod but before that messiest began

I'm gonna just drop this here
Biancasbotique
Dolby
Fleshy
Zendel
Jacob
Chick
Ness
xCleb
Kit
Aronthaer
Kermittea
Bowie
oath2order
Tina
Dad
glow

- - - Post Merge - - -

AtE from Karen that's new

at this point idrc if you like it or not because that's what actually happened and I'm not going to bs anything to make myself appear more towny to get the sus off me if you wanna sus me for how I'm playing then go ahead and you'll just see after the game ends

What an odd reaction.

I believe there is scum in the Evan wagon. You said you were scum-leaning some people on it. Who were they, and what are your thoughts now regarding those people?

Back