• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Learning Process of a Potential Artist

I meant to get this piece posted earlier, but a very crucial appointment had me reeling in pain for the last few days, and though I'm still recovering, I'm taking it easy.

With that out of the way, here's @S.J's character redrawn in my sketchbook. It's a more accurate idea of what I was going for digitally.
Sketch for S.J..jpg

It feels great to draw on something familiar. It's pretty transparent the torso was put together, haphazardly, but the head turned out much better than I expected — way more competently drawn than what I did in Krita. Just goes to show I still have a fair bit of time I need to spend to get used to the software.

Since this is a new page, I might as well post the project with the newer, better sketch, for comparison's sake.
Project for S.J. — Happy Birthday.png

Last edited:
Back