• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

the avatar online

Basher

Bells
This is a good new friend of mine.

----------------------------
www.theavataronline.com
----------------------------

Hello Everyone!

Though I'm new to becoming a member of AvatarSpirit.net, I've been hanging around and reading posts that I found really interesting. One thing that I have noticed, however, is that there is alot of Avatar RPG Forums, but I haven't seen anything to do with an actual web-based RPG. So, I thought I'd take the time to start a project; a web-based Role Playing Game for Avatar: The Last Airbender!

The site is not up yet, but the project is in production! I started this project alone, and have noticed a few problems already; I'm not very creative! I have only seen the first Avatar season, but do have access to the second season, which I will watch when I have more time. The reason I say that I am not creative is because I'm a little lost as to what the game should contain. Currently, the following has been discussed, and I know it's possible:

Choosing a bender type (Water, Earth, Fire and Air)
4 areas (nations), which when visited, will open new content (Arena, Spirit World, etc.)
A currency system (Copper, Silver and Gold)
Bending Abilities (can be learned by leveling up or trained)
The "Avatar" (a random member chosen to be the avatar each month) *
A "Private Message" feature, where you can talk to friends and add "buddies".
Quests; which you can do to earn currency and experience, not to mention learn new bending abilities from!
And much more...
* The "Avatar" will receive bonus exp and currency when doing quests, etc!

Though this is a non-profit project, donations are acceptable, and will be used to keep the site running, including keeping the webhosting available, and buying / getting professionals to make more advanced scripts!

I'm looking for the following people to help out;

Php/MySQL Coder(s)
Though I, myself, know basic Php and MySql, I need some assistance with this part. I am willing to pay someone as well for this, however, professional support costs a lot per hour, so I'm not willing to spend that much..

Story Writer
Now and then, a new "book" will be released, which is just another way of saying "Featured Update". These featured updates will bring new content to the game, and will bring a new story. For example, the first book is called "Book One: The Search For Twi". More information about this can be asked by contacting me.

^_^

The game revolves around Avatar: The Last Airbender, and so, we need someone who knows the series very well so that we can get the right names of Creatures, abilities (if applicable), characters, etc. Of course, anyone who's watched the series should know this, but I find it a little hard to remember everything if I only get to watch an episode or two a week, so I need someone who knows this knowledge like the back of their hand (or knows where to find it if asked).

Idealist(s)
Someone who has general knowledge of online games, or has been a gamer of MMORPGs. Ideas are always welcome, even if you don't want to be part of the Avatar Online team. Looking for at least 2 idealists, who have different ideas and who may have played different games. More information about the current setup for Avatar Online can be given if you contact me on admin@theavataronline.com.

And that's about it!
Everyone who is part of the project will get both a mention in the Staff/About Section, will receive "Staff" rights if they play the game, and just general support from the community (hopefully! :p). Please let me know if you're interested! You can contact me on admin@theavataronline.com.

The website (currently only a coming soon page) can be visited at: www.theavataronline.com
For general questions, please contact support: support@theavataronline.com

Thanks everyone, and please check the site out in the future! I believe this will be a great fan-based game for fans, by fans; and also a great experience for all the staff at Avatar Online!

Thank you!

(This is a good friend of mine and im helping him out, i might be a admin or a global moderater) lets just wait and see...

The Website is comming soon... Rember to sign up...

Back