The ACNH Rant Thread

I haven't seen a seasonal or DIY balloon in ages. I only play around 30 minutes to an hour max, but all of the balloons are just clothes or random furniture drops. :/

I haven't seen a seasonal or DIY balloon in ages. I only play around 30 minutes to an hour max, but all of the balloons are just clothes or random furniture drops. :/
If you have them all from last year, then they don't repeat. You will only get the diy if you got it, but never learned it. Which would be a nice feature to have for the bottles so I don't keep getting so many repeats. I barely even check in with the villagers crafting anymore.

If you have them all from last year, then they don't repeat. You will only get the diy if you got it, but never learned it. Which would be a nice feature to have for the bottles so I don't keep getting so many repeats. I barely even check in with the villagers crafting anymore.
Good to know!! I'm still missing a couple so hopefully I see those!

It's totally too intense. I just gifted one of my friends something for the very first time a few weeks ago and was about to send it until I read what it said. And I was like 'Nah, he's going to think I'm a creeper.'
Jumping in to say that english sounds like a literal translation of acnh's japanese text, which is a stock phrase used all the time on generic impersonal gifts, like a box of assorted sweets you'd give to a coworker you only kinda know.

Jumping in to say that english sounds like a literal translation of acnh's japanese text, which is a stock phrase used all the time on generic impersonal gifts, like a box of assorted sweets you'd give to a coworker you only kinda know.
Never knew that and that is interesting. I do remember someone mentioning that there was something like a gifting to co-workers holiday or whatever. But different cultures have different approaches and they should had worked it in better because with English it just sounds like someone is coming in to hot. It just reads awkwardly and borderline socially awkward. Because no one really talks like that.

For some reason I thought the k.k songs would preview the songs before buying them. I kind of wanted to check out the song before I made the purchase.

I know I can do that online but I thought I could in game.

For some reason I thought the k.k songs would preview the songs before buying them. I kind of wanted to check out the song before I made the purchase.

I know I can do that online but I thought I could in game.
It's something they did in NL with the Nook shop. I was kind of expecting to be able to sample the music before buying it in this game. Even though this game is better looking aesthetically and has some nice new features, I feel like the older games had a lot more QoL features that we took for granted that I am now wishing were in this game.

Never knew that and that is interesting. I do remember someone mentioning that there was something like a gifting to co-workers holiday or whatever. But different cultures have different approaches and they should had worked it in better because with English it just sounds like someone is coming in to hot. It just reads awkwardly and borderline socially awkward. Because no one really talks like that.
yeah, I've never played animal crossing in english, so it was kinda funny seeing the reactions to the letter in here cause it never occurred to me people would find the default text weird (I hope it's not auto-translated or I've sent some awkward letters lol). I think other people's passport keywords are shown in the language your switch is set to, so that's possibly another place for translation oddities :unsure:

The text is a bit much but once you know its default text, which shouldn't take too long to do, I don't think it matters really.
Its strange but pretty much all players know the score after 2 days with the game.

It's totally too intense. I just gifted one of my friends something for the very first time a few weeks ago and was about to send it until I read what it said. And I was like 'Nah, he's going to think I'm a creeper.'
And the worst thing about that is that if we want to erase it it takes forever because we have to erase the whole message LETTER PER LETTER 🤯

I hate balloons. I hate how difficult it is to get seasonal DIYs. I mean seriously what’s the point Nintendo?! Why release items to decorate your island for the current season if you’re going to make it so damn hard to get any! The seasons literally over by the time I even have one!!! :mad:

I hate balloons. I hate how difficult it is to get seasonal DIYs. I mean seriously what’s the point Nintendo?! Why release items to decorate your island for the current season if you’re going to make it so damn hard to get any! The seasons literally over by the time I even have one!!! :mad:
Ikr? Why can't the seasonal diys be obtained by villagers crafting or DIY Bottles? I honestly don't know what they were thinking

I pretty much finished decorating but can't believe there are still items I haven't seen in Nook's Cranny while I've seen others like 50 times. I'm tired of this RNG! I think games need to make things random but not to the point where it's possible you can NEVER have something... like come on...

I admit I'm extra annoyed because my joystick somehow keeps detaching from the protective cover underneath so it gets stuck and makes me jitter when I run. And if it's not glued back perfectly it still does it. I haven't even had this console for a year 😤

I really wish Leif had his own shop by now like he did in New Leaf.
Right? Npc like Kicks, Lief, and Label sticking to the plaza totally give the game mobile-esque vibes. For a mobile game, that is fine, but it never sat right for me with a mainline game.

I pretty much finished decorating but can't believe there are still items I haven't seen in Nook's Cranny while I've seen others like 50 times. I'm tired of this RNG! I think games need to make things random but not to the point where it's possible you can NEVER have something... like come on...
Geez, I get what you're saying. I hate it so much. I barely check in at the shop now. Lately I have been doing it as part of the 'chores' but everyday it has been the same stuff and hasn't really cycled out. They should really fix this. You know the sandcastle that everyone pretty much put out in display day 1? I haven't been able to find that damn thing yet. I could go and trade, but I don't want to and I am also not motivated enough to do that just for a sandcastle lol. I remember never finding this one piece of furniture that I wanted (that was super common) and someone gave it to me. Guess what? The next day the shop put it on display. Like it has a super rare rng until you get it and then the rng drops to a realistic number. How is that fair?

So a thought occurred and it made me realize that it took half a year for them to give us our first QoL update. Despite the fans constant pleas to do give us cloud saves/back-ups, they ignored them until around the June update. And the last QoL update was also almost half a year with the QR slot being doubled. I really hope it doesn't take them another 6 months to give us a good QoL feature.

I had to look into this site to see if there were some things I missed and came across this.

Fixed an issue preventing players from receiving the mermaid fence recipe from Pascal.
This was the fence DIY everyone was confused why it was now just showing up and some suggested it was just not ready yet and or the NH crew was giving us some extra goodies. No, they just forgot to code it all in and it took them 8 months to fix it. And during the update, they just swept it under the rug and hoped no one would notice.

I really don’t like having to get seasonal DIYs from balloons. It’s just so hard and takes so much time!
I really wish you could also find them in the beach or from villagers as well. Balloon hunting is exhausting! :cautious:

Back