• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

The ACNH Rant Thread

Granted that this game is not my favorite AC title, I don't think I could ever reset even once. I feel like if I ever reset any of the AC titles, I'd probably never put the same amount of effort into it. Let alone if I even followed through and didn't abandon the game. Especially with this game with how I would lose all of the DIY progress.

On that note, why couldn't they have you sell the island to Nook like they made possible in NL? You get a certain amount of bells and retain all of your catalogue. That would soften the blow with having to gather all of the DIY again.
i always do that whenever i reset, no matter what game you play, your first town always has a special charm to it that can't be replicated again :v
also, that would be pretty cool. i guess they either forgot, or didn't add it in because the island still *technically* belongs to Nook.

The dialogue in this game is so stupid. Flick and CJ just need to shut up. I love how a majority of people were like 'omg they're so quirky it's so great!' and now no one talks about them because they realized their redundant and bloated dialogue sucks.

Or how Oriville will ask you twice if you really want to go to Harv's island or somewhere. If I said I wanted to fly somewhere, don't ask me again. 'So you want to go right now?' What kind of question is that? If I say no I'm just going to have to button mash through your crappy bloated dialogue again.

I'm almost convinced that this was just another way for them to artificially pad the game because they knew it dropped barebone.
I agree those characters' overly-long dialogue is bad, but Gulliver/Gullivarrr is actual insanity....

Full disclosure that I'm a fan of most of the hourly music (I think it has a modern sound to it), but I don't like the remixed 5pm version you posted. Wayyyy too much reverb, and there's something about the brushed snare (I think?) that isn't lining up with something else in the track.

It might be cool as a club track if Club LOL was brought back or something, but I'd feel so distracted if I was gardening and that version came on.

So something I found about Katrina that is pretty dumb is that if you don't have enough bells for purification she won't do it and even after you come back with more bells she STILL refuses to do it. So let this be a warning to make sure you have a lot of bells when talking to Katrina because you may never know when you will get the "Back Luck" fortunes.

So something I found about Katrina that is pretty dumb is that if you don't have enough bells for purification she won't do it and even after you come back with more bells she STILL refuses to do it. So let this be a warning to make sure you have a lot of bells when talking to Katrina because you may never know when you will get the "Back Luck" fortunes.
that’s genuinely so dumb wth??? i’m really hoping that that’s just a glitch or an error that nintendo overlooked, and not something that was added in intentionally. 😬

You know something else I just realized after restarting? There was an option to "Skip" the opening intro. That is a great feature so then why isn't not in most of the game? They really should've added a skip option. While I understand that they want people to take their time in the game its just that when you see the same cutscenes and dialogue over and over they should have the option to skip it so that way they are not forced into watching it. The online is so unbearable, forcing you to stop what you're doing just to see who is arriving and who is leaving. Its cute the first time but it gets annoying when you have multiple people visiting your island.

I don’t think AC:NH feels like a real Animal Crossing game. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s fun, but I could play City Folk and Wild World for months without getting bored. That’s not the case with New Horizons.

- Why did they release AC:NH as an „unfinished“ game? So many NPCs and features from old games were missing and traded for other, not as important features. Some of it was fixed with the 2.0 update, but Harvey‘s island for example isn’t really as good as the city from City Folk or the Main Street from New Leaf.

- The villagers almost feel unnecessary, they don’t have unique dialogue and try way too hard to be your friend. They felt more alive when they couldn’t sit down or sing, but instead had great dialogue and unique personalities.

- It’s all about looks and customization. I think customization is fun, but it shouldn’t be the main focus. It’s all about you being the island representative. I personally don’t like to be able to customize EVERYTHING, but instead be part of the town just like the other villagers.

- Why isn’t it possible to change your own house exterior anymore like it was in New Leaf? Everything can be customized except for your own house.

- There are only two shops on the island itself. There’s no development seen except for one upgrade. Every other installment of the Animal Crossing Series featured multiple upgrades of Nook‘s cranny.

- Terraforming and other things have an annoyingly long animation. The loading screen takes multiple minutes sometimes. If you want to visit another town, the game takes you through multiple unnecessary screens.

- Everything is so easy. Getting the gold tools, paying off your loan, earning bells, … In previous games things took a little longer, but therefore felt more like an achievement.

- Why isn’t it possible to change your own house exterior anymore like it was in New Leaf? Everything can be customized except for your own house.
At a certain point into the game you can change your exterior if you talk to Tom Nook! The options are more realistic than they were in New Leaf though, it would be nice if they left in some of the more unique designs like the castle.

Why arnt there 4 leaf clovers in the game anymore? It would have been an easy keep. Great for decorating and a good craft ingredient. I really miss them. I made paths with them. I'm just getting sad at this point. Iv been redecorating but I'm bored again with nothing to keep doing on the island. So many things could have been added and they weren't. I'm still waiting for a ball that can be kicked around with villagers.

Why is it every time I want to talk to a villager they are nowhere to be seen around the island and they are not in their home? I have to always save and quit the game just to make them spawn in a different area. Its so annoying when looking for them.

With the amount of sticks I have to pick up each day... you'd think a tornado blew through town. And then I always accidentally kick away my paths in the process of clean up 😤 The most annoying chore.

With the amount of sticks I have to pick up each day... you'd think a tornado blew through town. And then I always accidentally kick away my paths in the process of clean up 😤 The most annoying chore.
It's so annoying. They should've had it that sticks would drop in/around 1-2 stars, but after 3 it only happens if you shake a tree. That way it gives it that deserted island feel and the more stars you get the more progressed your island has become.

So in NL Cyrus could customize furniture with QR codes that you made. But you couldn't drop the piece outside because the QR code was linked to the villager (due to every human villager having a separate QR account) but in NH the QR account is shared.

So why is it that we can't drop customized QR furniture for another villager (of the same island) to pick it up for their home's interior decorations. It's just so backwards. They share the same QR that is on the furniture piece. Yeah I get it, they did it so visitors couldn't take the furniture, but there are ways around/to fix that.

The game just has so many QoL features that make it so good while also adding unnecessarily complicated inconveniences. Like why can't Mabel just force your diving suit off like she does with the terraform hat, why do we have to waste so much time buying one article of clothing and going through the process all over again, why is Oriville's flight set-up so needlessly complicated? 5 customize kits at a time, when a lot of the furniture takes half or more than that?

This is 2022 and a AAA company. They shouldn't get a free pass for this sort of stuff.

I'm annoyed that when you go to hang a bag on the wall, it's always attached to an awkward looking mannequin. Who does that in real life?? Why can't they just have bags hang from wall hooks? It would look so much better/realistic
I figured something like this would have been obvious. People hang bags on wall hooks, and not some weird looking mannequin thing. It doesn’t make sense.

I figured something like this would have been obvious. People hang bags on wall hooks, and not some weird looking mannequin thing. It doesn’t make sense.
Also speaking of bags, I am disappointed that they are not used as a way to expand your pocket storage. It would've been helpful to store your tools and that way you had more Pocket Space if you were say clearing out flowers and you had a Garbage Can in your bag that you can just place down whenever you need to use it. Bags are just used for more fashion show offs rather than taking full advantage of.

Also speaking of bags, I am disappointed that they are not used as a way to expand your pocket storage. It would've been helpful to store your tools and that way you had more Pocket Space if you were say clearing out flowers and you had a Garbage Can in your bag that you can just place down whenever you need to use it. Bags are just used for more fashion show offs rather than taking full advantage of.
I thought they were going to be an accessory to hold all your tools so that you didn't take up space in your inventory. And with tools breaking, I sometimes have double of the same tool. So that would be helpful.

I thought they were going to be an accessory to hold all your tools so that you didn't take up space in your inventory. And with tools breaking, I sometimes have double of the same tool. So that would be helpful.
Thats an idea. If the tools were to stack with each other that would be even more helpful.

This game totally trolls.

So I just went and bought a Physical Copy of New Horizons for my other Switch. Gave myself a random name and birthday. This island will be solely a time travel/restart island.

Well guess what happens with my random name and birthday island? It gives me the exact layout I've been looking forever for on my main island. I feel trolled! If it has a blue airport, then I'm throwing this game in the trash lol

This game totally trolls.

So I just went and bought a Physical Copy of New Horizons for my other Switch. Gave myself a random name and birthday. This island will be solely a time travel/restart island.

Well guess what happens with my random name and birthday island? It gives me the exact layout I've been looking forever for on my main island. I feel trolled! If it has a blue airport, then I'm throwing this game in the trash lol
I know the feeling. I was trying to get an Airport that had a Blue color on the 2nd island, but then I get the SAME green color airport that I have on my main island. I was just like "ah forget it color is overrated anyways"

I agree so much with the weird mannequins on the wall! I know at least some of the hats hang flat against the wall so why couldn't they make everything else look normal too? They would barely have to mess with the models. So many things in this game have me imagining that the devs were desperately running out of time lol.

Also agree that bags should be able to hold things, I currently have a whole line of pocket space taken up by tools and backups.

Back