Thanksgiving Menu

Well, this is actually the first year that I won't be cooking everything by myself. I'm going over someone else's house this year. However, we're having a small Thanksgiving here the day after (plan on hitting the store and getting a good discount on leftover food to cook).

So far I'm making deviled eggs and cheesy bacon mashed potatoes to bring to their house. Also, wine. So far I've spent around ~$50 for all the ingredients I needed (bacon and wine were a tad pricey, and on top of that I had to pick up some Tupperware since I didn't have any that could fit all of this).

Looking at this list stuff, I'm insanely jealous. I was debating going out and getting a dozen eggs to make deviled eggs with, but instead after a trip to the hospital today, I've got to pay 250 in medicine, so that's not happening.

I'm probably eating croutons and tater tots for thanksgiving. The croutons are seasoned. Watch out ;D

I want to see someone having a Thanksgiving menu that isn't utterly generic

not that I hate the generic stuff but

I just want to see some diversity without predictability

We usually dont do full on thanksgiving, its not a big tradition in our family. So we get one of those ready made Safeway pick up dinner packages. Although this year, I am supplementing with a few sides, like brussel sprouts, corn bread, etc. But none of it is a big production.

Is it cold in Guam, Daniel? I always imagine Guam being hot all year round, lol. But maybe there is a winter there. :)

We usually dont do full on thanksgiving, its not a big tradition in our family. So we get one of those ready made Safeway pick up dinner packages. Although this year, I am supplementing with a few sides, like brussel sprouts, corn bread, etc. But none of it is a big production.

Is it cold in Guam, Daniel? I always imagine Guam being hot all year round, lol. But maybe there is a winter there. :)
:D haha it is always hot on guam. The funny thing is every where I lived was hot. California, Florida, Guam. They all have beaches too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm almost done making everything and I'll post a picture when I am.

I honestly don't go to thanksgiving, nobody talks to me. Because of a huge deal with me. However I spend it with my mom and our pretty much adoptive sister/daughter!

uhhh turkey, fruit salad i think, bread rolls, pie (i know pumpkin, too lazy to check the other), stuffing, ???
idk
im not sure if ill be able to eat today, i got sick last night and threw up several times
i did eat breakfast tho and i dont have an urge to run to the bathroom so i MAY be ok

Turkey marinated in brandy
Sage and herb stuffing
Yeast dinner rolls slathered in butter
Mashed potatoes
Turkey gravy
Various vegetables
Desert is salam de biscuiti, basically chocolate, nuts, and biscuit pieces rolled together

I can't help cook so I start work in half an hour and don't get home until 5. Probably a little after because the customers have to leave before we can. Then I need to take another shower, get ready, and we're packing the dinner to take to the hospital so we can eat with my grandma.

Back