• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Newbie Mini Mafia (Game Over)

KarlaKGB

meme dilettante
Bells
Kirby Easter Egg
Famous Mushroom
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
Silver Trophy (Second Place)
Tasty Cake
う
Red Cosmos
Game Over! Town Wins!

RNHO8XM.jpg
Twitch Plays Newbie Mafia

*Tina is hosting. You may direct any questions to her.

Introduction:

Mafia is a game of the uninformed majority versus the informed minority. To elaborate, the game is divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town players on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Town than Mafia. The objective of the game is for Town to eliminate by killing or lynching all the Mafia before it is too late. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day revolves around voting for a player to be lynched. Night is reserved for the Mafia to make their kills and certain players to use their special abilities.

Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum 30 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically.

The coaches are: oath2order, Ashtot, Cory, Lauren and MissNoodle.

Playerlist (with filters):
This game is open to anyone who has played 2 or fewer games of TBT Mafia. This includes Mini Mafia games. Players who have played more than that may still request to join, if they feel they could do with the coaching. 13 is a flexible player cap and can easily be increased/decreased.

1. CookingOkasan Helix Worshipper (Killed Night 1)
  2. hansy - The Bird Keeper
  3. FireNinja1 - Helix Worshipper
  4. Kyuby Jay Leno (Lynched Day 2)
  5. ccemuka Dome (Lynched Day 3)
  6. Jennwa - Bird Jesus
  7. Bearda - Helix Worshipper
  8. Kildor Tree (Killed Night 3)
  9. Marii - Start
  10. NikkiNikki - Helix Worshipper
  11. gnoixaim Ledge (Killed Night 2)
  12. Farobi Helix Worshipper (Killed Night 3)
  13. Purplpanda Helix Worshipper (Lynched Day 1)
  14. Qwerty111 Tree (Lynched Day 4)

Players remaining: 6 / 14

Mafia remaining: 0 / 4

Setup Information

This game uses a semi-open setup; that is, all possible roles are given, but the number of each role is unknown. Some roles may not even appear in the game. A player's role will be revealed when they die.

Followers of Helix

Helix Worshipper (Vanilla Townie)
Somehow through chaos, order is achieved. All success can be attributed to your lord and savior Helix. Through him all things are possible even lynching scum. You have no powers, except for your voice and your vote.

Jay Leno (Self-Aware Miller)
The Helix worshipers believed you to be one of their own, but when you left with the False Prophet it became clear to them you served the Dome. You seek redemption but the Helix does not believe in you. You return Agent of the Dome to all inspections. You win with The Helix.

H and AAEWWW (Mason Pair)
Though you have been released, you still work for the betterment of the Helix. You and another member of your species have found each other and have decided to return to active service under the great Helix. You and X are both town and may converse with each other in a private QuickTopic.

Abby (Parity Cop)
As the earliest servant of the Helix you have been given the power to see who serves the Helix and who works against all good in the world by serving the insidious Dome. Each night you may check one player by sending a PM to the host and are told if they have the same or different alignment as the player you checked previously. Your night one check returns no result but is necessary for your subsequent checks.

The Keeper (Jailkeeper)
Your powerful psychic moves keep the false prophet at bay, and in doing so you serve the Helix well. With you around no one can challenge the authority of Bird Jesus. Each night you may choose to trap a player in their nightmare by sending a PM to the host. That player cannot perform night actions (including kills) but are also protected from night kills.

Start (Town Roleblocker)
Whenever you are activated no one can act, you are the being which impedes all progress. Each night you may choose to roleblock a player by sending a PM to the host. A roleblocked player cannot perform any night action nor carry out a night kill.

Bird Jesus (Vigilante)
The Helix's one and chosen son. You have the power every night to OHKO any player in the game by PMing the host with their name. Since you're so powerful and overlevelled you get to do this every night.

Agents of the Dome

Tree (Mafia Goon)
You will not suffer the Helix worshippers to pass, your strong trunk stands between them and their goal. You have no powers, except for your voice and your vote. You may also kill players at night on behalf of the Dome.

The False Prophet (Godfather)
You started out as an innocent Eevee and had the potential to become another hero of the Helix. Alas, evil corrupted your heart and you found yourself working against the Helix. You appear to all checks as a Follower of Helix. Use this skill to lead the Helix Worshippers to ruin.

Ledge (Mafia Roleblocker)
You are perhaps the greatest enemy of the Helix Worshippers. You make it nearly impossible to get anything of value ever done, as every night you can roleblock someone preventing their actions going through.

Dome (Framer)
You are the evilest of all evils. You can use your powers and influence to convince Abby of anything you desire. Each night you may frame any player besides yourself, and that player will return the opposite alignment to parity cop checks.

Third Party Roles

PC (Serial Killer)
Mercy is not in your vocabulary. You care not for the petty squabbles of the Helix and Dome but instead desire one thing...blood. Once per night you can release a player from the game. In addition, before the end of Day 1, you can choose either to appear as a Helix Worshipper to inspections, or to have an extra night life. If you do not choose, the host will randomly choose for you. You win when everyone else is dead.

Followers of Helix win condition: Eliminate all Mafia and Serial Killers.
Agents of the Dome win condition: Eliminate all Serial Killers, and equal or outnumber Town.
Serial Killer win condition: Be the last man standing.

**Please PM night actions to both Tina and myself, to ensure it gets counted.**

Game Setup Notes:
If two roleblockers target each other, they are both informed. If a roleblocker targets a jailer and the jailer targets someone else, the jailer's action will not go through. All roleblocks will result in the target being notified.

Masons who are roleblocked will not be prevented from communicating with their partner(s).

Masons are confirmed town to each other.

Mafia team must nominate a person to carry out each kill. The Mafia can choose not to kill and can kill each other. If a Mafia member chosen to kill on a particular night is roleblocked, that kill will be prevented. A Mafia member may use his ability and kill in the same night.

There are no hit notifications in this game.

Actions cannot be withdrawn or changed once sent.

Game Setup Rules:

PMs
PMs and other out-of-thread communication are NOT allowed UNLESS you are explicitly told otherwise.

Activity:
You must vote every day you are alive, and must post at least once every full day/night cycle.

Wisdom of the Crowds
Wisdom of the Crowds is not in effect.

Replacements
This game uses replacements. Replacements will be made up until the end of Day 2.

Time Cycle:
This game follows an approximate 48/24 cycle. There will be a half-hour resolution period before the end of night where no further actions may be sent. The deadlines will always be 11PM GMT+1.

Smurfs:
Smurfs and Hydras are not allowed.

Encryption:
Don't do it.

Rules:

Cheating:
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.
6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
11. Posting a false PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.
YOU MAY ONLY COPY AND PASTE TEXT FOR USE AS EVIDENCE. POSTING SCREENSHOTS OR ANY OTHER NON-TEXT EVIDENCE IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS EVIDENCE THAT IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE FOR ALL PLAYERS TO CHECK (eg. post counts in a thread). IT IS BEST IF YOU CHECK WITH ME FIRST.

Cheating is not tolerated here as it ruins the game for everyone. The mods and admins here CAN take action.

Mod Font:
This is the mod colour. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font:
This is the question colour. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.

Spam:
Strategic spam is acceptable, within reason. Don't be a tool about it. Mafia is also not a ****ing roleplay.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything. The board software automatically merges the posts anyway.

Inappropriate posts:
Mafia games can get heated and emotional. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia stays in Mafia. Don't let things spill over to the rest of the forum, it's just a game. If you are unhappy with a player's posts, PM me first. Only if you are dissatisfied with the outcome should you involve the TBT staff.

Observers' Chat:
While spectators will be fuelling speculation, and dead players will be keen to give valuable "insight" into the game, please refrain from revealing game-changing information (eg. the identities of your fellow Mafia). Speculate, theorise and express bewilderment at dumb plays all you want, but remember that the chat is not leakproof and game-ruining information CAN get out.

Play to win.
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. Clearly not playing towards your win objective will be grounds for a modkill and personal ban from me. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.

This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM the host if you need to leave the game.

You have been warned.

Banlist:

This game will use the TBT banlist. In addition, if you screw around in my game, I will ban you from all of my future games, official list aside.

Voting rules:

1. This game uses Plurality Lynch. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be killed. If there is a tie, the first player to have reached that number will be lynched.
2. You must vote for a player and cannot abstain.
3. Voting is done in another thread.
4. Please vote in the following format: ##Vote: Username. Votes not done in the correct fashion may not be counted.
5. If you want to change your vote, first type ##Unvote followed by your new vote ##Vote: Username. You can change your vote at any time and as much as you like (within reason) up until a majority is reached.
6. No conditional voting.
7. You may vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.

If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. I will not compensate for ignorance!

Credits:

With thanks to NMMLV

Marii

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather play than coach. I seriously need help with my mafia skills. Coaching...um...yeah, see every single game I've played bar Mafia VII, and even VII couldn't exactly be considered a good game for me.

Edit: I wholeheartedly understand if you don't wanna accept me, and if that's the case, I'm more than okay with it.

Last edited:
If you are accepting players at this time, I'd love to join c:

Me & waffles wanna coach!!! We are gonna coach the same person because we are ONE!

NO GAME NO LIFE <33

if not coach then obs pls

I would love to join!

This looks pretty fun, but I would need a coach XD

Back